• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATED: Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadrin

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

If you haven't already, make sure to leave your comments and a review on the KHUX app on your app store. The app has already sunk to nearly 3 stars on IOS, don't let your frustration go without a physical representation to SENA and it's reps.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

If you haven't already, make sure to leave your comments and a review on the KHUX app on your app store. The app has already sunk to nearly 3 stars on IOS, don't let your frustration go without a physical representation to SENA and it's reps.

^This.

Words are nothing without action.

ImVentus

Awards

There are literally dozens of possibilities to give Ventus more depth and weave an interesting backstory without having to go so much over the top and include a totally different era and yet more convenient memory loss and possible identity problems. How original, like that wasn't used a hundred times before in this series.

DDD already played that ball with Xehanort knowing so much more than anyone else and becoming insufferably near-omniscient that I wouldn't put it past Nomura to play that in this case again as well.

Yea, if the story is put on hiatus for a year it is no wonder that Ven only had a few lines so far and those didn't actually improve on his backstory nor his characterization yet. The only thing we know so far about Ux-Ven that is different from BBS-Ven is that he is much more timid and shy, which may also come from the fact that he's significantly younger in Ux (about 10/11).
Otherwise, as shown by the few comments made by Skuld, Lauriam and Ephemer about or towards Ven he is personality-wise exactly the same as Xehanort describes him in his BBS reports (too benign for his own good, which is taken up by Blaine somewhat) and as we know him, kind, friendly etc.
As things stand right now he becomes even more of a plot device rather than an actual character. A "prize" from the past for Xehanort, possibly Marluxia/Lauriam and Sora & co. to have a tug-war over.

As long as his story is well written and well executed it doesn't haft to be original.
Won't deny that there are better ways to tell a backstory for Ven, but right now, with the decision of this ESV trio, being the most 1 dimensional character, Ven needs some serious update and character development. What I find very dissaponiting from SE and the (so called writers from KH3) Is that they have had a whole year to tell a compelling story and further explore the main 5 leaders. Especially Ven, for his foreshadowing important role for KH3. Having a whole year, you can find ways to not only create complex arcs but also eventually lead to the events that tie into his first appearance in BBS. Or so just leave a hint of where he was discovered by Master Xehanort.
I just have this gut feeling that Nomura always wanted the KHUX arc to end with a tragedy, and I truly believe that it will lead to where Ven is found.
Lost memory, trapped in a different realm, separated, betrayed, sacrifice there are so many ways to make for a strong close for Ven as a very different person, and that alone would make his character interesting. But if Nomura instead wants Ven to be an innocent victim running into someone's trap, I don't know what I want to believe and I will not treat it as canon if he's going to stay 1 dimensional.
Better write my own backstory for him in the near future, if that's the case.

TheZX

Awards

Wont believe anything this person says until KH3 comes out

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Better write my own backstory for him in the near future, if that's the case.

I am absolutely looking forward to this.

Now, to write that app store review hmmm.............

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wont believe anything this person says until KH3 comes out

I mean you don’t need to believe Glacie despite the fact that she is the community manager for UX, which makes her one of the direct voices for Global, but the current quest release trend doesn’t really give much hope, either. Things could certainly change and perhaps Glacie is not aware of any potential future quest distribution changes, but as it stands this seems to be the likely situation without some major pushback from fans.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I mean you don’t need to believe Glacie despite the fact that she is the community manager for UX, which makes her one of the direct voices for Global, but the current quest release trend doesn’t really give much hope, either. Things could certainly change and perhaps Glacie is not aware of any potential future quest distribution changes, but as it stands this seems to be the likely situation without some major pushback from fans.

Besides, even if those above Glacie currently plan to speed up the story, if fans fail to voice their disdain with Glacie’s comments, the developers may figure we don’t care about the story parity and will just stick with business as usual. If we’re unhappy with the way things are going, we have to continue making our voices heard until the changes are fully implemented. Not just “promised.”

Awards

UX is a goddamn mess. All this talk about how important it will be and how "the main story is just beginning" and this is what we get.

UX might as well be non-canon aside from MoM, Luxu, the book, and the box.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has reached out to us and will be releasing a statement shortly.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Wonder what they're going to say.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

UPDATE: Square Enix has reached out to us to clarify that there was a misunderstanding and they will be releasing a statement soon.
well that good to know doesnt make it right to make that statment though

Recon

Art of War
Awards

err now I kinda feel bad for this things I said :x

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

err now I kinda feel bad for this things I said :x

Don’t feel bad. The game was and is being mishandled regardless of them correcting Glacie’s comments.

Seadrin

Awards

Thanks for the update KHI team. I'm interested to hear what about the statement might change.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm glad Square intends to clarify the situation. I can't say "oh thank goodness" or anything yet since I have no idea what they're going to say. But at least they're communicating.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Interesting, I guess they had to address the angry elephant.
Let's hear it-- I'm ready for anything, from a simple "We apologize but we still won't update global" to making actual amends and giving us the stuff.

Wonder if Glacie will suffer some backlash.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I’m looking forward to what they have to say. I don’t feel bad at all about speaking my mind. It’s important to keep them accountable in these situations. I think we all would like to see this game succeed since it is a part of our beloved franchise, but the only way that happens is if SENA listens and acts on what will satisfy their consumers.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Good to see SE will address this. I'm curious what they'll have to say.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I just wanted to say that I understand that Glacie wasn't 100% yesterday - she was coming off a big week working at PAX and she also had very little sleep - so it was nice that she was able to be perky during the hour long stream.

But she also speaks from a position of power and knowledge within Square Enix's Mobile Division, as she works alongside the dev team and hands the Japanese dev team feedback and information. Yesterday both her and Emily / Emiri (Not sure which one is her name, the latter was her Union X character's name AFAIK) made references to emails they received that explained the significance of things (like why they chose 13,300 jewels) and spoke of the Ava banner and the Organization XIII hair quest.

They know where the game will be going. They know how they will be moving forward with the story. And it was shocking that after years of being told about the importance of the game in the grand scheme but not seeing any results, and with the hope of that ending in October when story written by the Kingdom Hearts III staff would begin, a North American community rep said "it's not going to be like if the story isn't caught up by Kingdom Hearts III release that you're going to miss out on much story."

So many people play Kingdom Hearts Union X for the story. So many people would jump into the game if there was a story and not copious amounts of filler. We are all excited for KHIII's launch in January and we were moving forward with the hope that SENA may drop a bunch of quests to get us up to date so we could experience that story alongside Japan, and so when we jump into Kingdom Hearts III we would understand the "
existence and influence" from the new Union leaders.

Her statements made during an official Square Enix stream acts as a statement from the company. It felt like they were contradicting the creator of the series with how they downplayed the story, and that they had a lack of agency or care in getting people to experience the thing they wanted most.

I am very curious to hear Square Enix's official statement. I'm sorry that it all had to come around this way, but it just feels like a middle finger to every fan who is excited about Kingdom Hearts.

We started #ChitotheWest so we could get English translations for the story. Sign has worked hard since 2013 to provide translations and content so people could understand the story. No other fansite cared about Kingdom Hearts X until the announced the mobile port. That's two years of Sign doing a lot of solo work for so many people.

We care about X. We care about it so much that it dominates our front page. We care about it so much we launched a separate Twitter handle just to deal with the news and information. We are fans as well. We just want KHUX to be the best that it can be, and yesterday it felt like the concerns people have had for years about the lack of Story parity were being dismissively shoved to the side.

If this article and the tweet with the video from the stream mean that Square Enix is going to re-evaluate the release of story, then that is an excellent decision from Square Enix that benefits the consumer. If they decide we've been a thorn in SENA's mobile division and black list us, then at least we'd go down being on the side of the fans instead of the side that just wants to milk your money.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical but I expect this statement to be weasel words top to bottom, saying a lot of words but meaning very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back