• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATED: Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

Hahaha, the whole concept of getting everyone up to speed via ReMIXes, rereleases on newer platforms, prologues, the whole shebang - nicked by KHUX. This is a fail.

Pfft, yeah. Way to go making the fan complaints about the story being unnecessarily spread out and inaccessible valid again with such stupid decisions.

God, this is absolutely ridiculous. Why is it impossible for them to catch us up? Translations aren’t the problem.

Tbh I am not exactly sure if I should laugh, facepalm or headdesk at this information.

It is so bizarre and PR-wise stupid that it almost doesn't compute.

Veevee

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Union X English Story Won't Be Up To Date When Kingdom Hearts III Launches

Spread the word, let the number of active players drop further, this is the only way to tell Sena that they're doing horribly wrong.
They will see what happens when KH3 starts. Hardly no one plays Ux primarily for the Gameplay because it's become too unbalanced and repetitive, so as soon as people feel they don't need this anymore for KH3, they'll probably drop it. This might even start now.

ImVentus

Awards

Stopped playing this game months ago. This is just another reminder that UX is nothing more but a way for SE to make a buck, which is just sad. And that new exciting world he liked to sugarcoat with (please be excited) won't do anything to keep me interested in UX. I only now really care about the main Dandelion plot, if it will ever get a chance to tell it's story. Nomura had an opportunity to tell Ven's backstory and lead to Xehanort finding him, by the time KH3 would be out, but no! he just had to add in unnecessary filler.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Nomura had an opportunity to tell Ven's backstory and lead to Xehanort finding him, by the time KH3 would be out, but no! he just had to add in unnecessary filler.

Tbh this is why I never wanted Ventus to be part of Ux and was skeptical of his inclusion to begin with.
I agree that getting to know his backstory has potential to be an interesting part of the overall lore, but Ux is unworthy and not the right format to have it addressed, same goes for Marluxia/Lauriam.
It's just too unreliable and constantly full with filler material that gets nowhere and wastes time.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I spent the better part of my birthday telling someone we weren't putting words in her mouth because Glacie actually said that shit and that it is an official statement from Square Enix because she is a community representative of the game lmao.

They were cocky enough about it going ahead that they held a countdown quest to it. It just comes across as them wanting to diddly with the fans and lie to our face.

Someone made a chart of the quests and the gaps between them
Lhavgeo.png

665NJQqPK7ilY7MtQ_VTLKleEuFCUy6fdmutbXfX4Fk.png

665NJQqPK7ilY7MtQ_VTLKleEuFCUy6fdmutbXfX4Fk.png

We're getting to the end of Enchanted Dominion in January 2019..... A very consistent release schedule....

Yeah I saw that on Twitter earlier :/ it grossed me out to just see it put that way...nothing interesting will happen in this game at all for so long. I haven't bothered to keep up with the story quests anymore, even for jewels. Probably gonna stay that way unless I really want some lol.

Veevee

Awards

Stopped playing this game months ago. This is just another reminder that UX is nothing more but a way for SE to make a buck, which is just sad. And that new exciting world he liked to sugarcoat with (please be excited) won't do anything to keep me interested in UX. I only now really care about the main Dandelion plot, if it will ever get a chance to tell it's story. Nomura had an opportunity to tell Ven's backstory and lead to Xehanort finding him, by the time KH3 would be out, but no! he just had to add in unnecessary filler.

Well, to be honest, I didn't even want that. I was fine with Ventus having memory loss due to Xehanort's stabbing and Xehanort having interest in him because he is pure-hearted (experienced keyblade wielders seem to able to sniff a lot of things, like BBS showed) and he thought he would make a good light candidate. Having Xehanort interested in him because he knew that Ventus came or had something to do with the Ux era, gives Xehanort so much credit and more of that "I knew it all as I know everything from the very beginning" stuff that I find it hard to bear. Yeah, I know, Xehanort researched a lot about that era, it wouldn't be strange for him to recognize Ventus comes from there, but does it have to be that way? Why does everything in this series has to have a million reasons instead of deciding for one that makes sense and use that saved energy for delving deeper into stuff that actually matters? People say that this is a good opportunity to give Ventus more depth, but until now, he hardly had any lines and to know that he might come from a different time can hardly be called an improved backstory. If they had told a nice, neat story about how the keyblade wars started with interesting characters it would've been sufficient for me, but obviously that's not where the money lies, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well, to be honest, I didn't even want that. I was fine with Ventus having memory loss due to Xehanort's stabbing and Xehanort having interest in him because he is pure-hearted (experienced keyblade wielders seem to able to sniff a lot of things, like BBS showed) and he thought he would make a good light candidate. Having Xehanort interested in him because he knew that Ventus came or had something to do with the Ux era, gives Xehanort so much credit and more of that "I knew it all as I know everything from the very beginning" stuff that I find it hard to bear. Yeah, I know, Xehanort researched a lot about that era, it wouldn't be strange for him to recognize Ventus comes from there, but does it have to be that way? Why does everything in this series has to have a million reasons instead of deciding for one that makes sense and use that saved energy for delving deeper into stuff that actually matters? People say that this is a good opportunity to give Ventus more depth, but until now, he hardly had any lines and to know that he might come from a different time can hardly be called an improved backstory. If they had told a nice, neat story about how the keyblade wars started with interesting characters it would've been sufficient for me, but obviously that's not where the money lies, lol.

There are literally dozens of possibilities to give Ventus more depth and weave an interesting backstory without having to go so much over the top and include a totally different era and yet more convenient memory loss and possible identity problems. How original, like that wasn't used a hundred times before in this series.

DDD already played that ball with Xehanort knowing so much more than anyone else and becoming insufferably near-omniscient that I wouldn't put it past Nomura to play that in this case again as well.

Yea, if the story is put on hiatus for a year it is no wonder that Ven only had a few lines so far and those didn't actually improve on his backstory nor his characterization yet. The only thing we know so far about Ux-Ven that is different from BBS-Ven is that he is much more timid and shy, which may also come from the fact that he's significantly younger in Ux (about 10/11).
Otherwise, as shown by the few comments made by Skuld, Lauriam and Ephemer about or towards Ven he is personality-wise exactly the same as Xehanort describes him in his BBS reports (too benign for his own good, which is taken up by Blaine somewhat) and as we know him, kind, friendly etc.
As things stand right now he becomes even more of a plot device rather than an actual character. A "prize" from the past for Xehanort, possibly Marluxia/Lauriam and Sora & co. to have a tug-war over.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I saw someone on Twitter say this and I think it's a great point. SENA had absolutely no issue catching up to JP in terms of banners. In fact, we've gone AHEAD of them in some cases recently, releasing brand new medals before they're even revealed in the JP version. So, when it comes to that, they're able to close a 6 month content gap and keep it closed.

And yet when it comes to story quests, somehow they don't have it in them to translate the remaining missions to English between now and January, despite the fact that community members are typically able to translate everything in a matter of around 24 hours? I'm sure there's more that goes into it than just translating the text, but something still doesn't add up here.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

And lo and behold, all the sins are swiftly catching up.
Oh well. I don't need to say anything about this, you all good people filled in for me.
Just know my disappointment and indignation are, as if it's even in question, noted and in tune with the rest.
Let me know when I need to oil my pitchfork and light up my torch.

Also, damn Chaser (I assume the news post was your craft), daaamn.
That's one of the best "I'm writing professionally but I'm also very pissed" articles I've ever read.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Also, damn Chaser (I assume the news post was your craft), daaamn.
That's one of the best "I'm writing professionally but I'm also very pissed" articles I've ever read.

I love how the folks here at KHI are always good at keeping a calm demeanor even when it's very obvious that they're extremely upset about something.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

I saw someone on Twitter say this and I think it's a great point. SENA had absolutely no issue catching up to JP in terms of banners. In fact, we've gone AHEAD of them in some cases recently, releasing brand new medals before they're even revealed in the JP version. So, when it comes to that, they're able to close a 6 month content gap and keep it closed.

And yet when it comes to story quests, somehow they don't have it in them to translate the remaining missions to English between now and January, despite the fact that community members are typically able to translate everything in a matter of around 24 hours? I'm sure there's more that goes into it than just translating the text, but something still doesn't add up here.

Story quests make them zero money, and that is all SENA is interested in. My guess is that this game will be pulled shortly after KHIII is available.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Rest in pieces, sweet Ven backstory... rest in pieces, honestly cool character designs gone to waste, I'm looking at you Ephemera you fluffy cinnamon roll APPLAUSE FOR THE FLUFFY CINNAMON ROLL GONE TO WASTE yes... rest in pieces, sexy character designs, I'm looking at you Blaine BOI I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOW A SORRY APPLAUSE FOR OUR IRRELEVANT EDGELORD WITH A FEATHER
*everyone claps in disappointment*

Now, a thankful heartfelt applause for all our Japanese-English fan translators, the unsung heroes...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Story quests make them zero money, and that is all SENA is interested in. My guess is that this game will be pulled shortly after KHIII is available.

I kind of doubt that, actually. There are people who play this game who aren't even big fans of the proper mainline entries of the series. And unless Nomura and SQEX as a whole decide to backpedal hard on this game, I actually think KHUX is going to be how the franchise continues on between KH3 and the next game after that.

Besides, KH3's release will only give them even more content to add into the game in terms of events and banners. Unless a vast percentage of the paying playerbase completely jumps ship upon KH3's release, the game will continue to make money and they will continue to develop for it. Even assuming that a large percentage of players leave, if all of them are F2P players, it will do little to affect the game's revenue. The whales are what keep the game running and unless they all collectively leave and bankrupt the game, I don't think the game will be pulled any time soon.

Sally-boiii

Awards

All the more reason to hate this game.

It makes no sense to be at least marginally aware of the importance of the game to the overall story of the series, know that Kh3 is coming out in practically 4.5 months, and have the resources and the time to translate it, but "have no plans" to translate the game for your respective audience.

This entire game just seems like it was set up to be a cash grab from the get-go at this point. Truly disappointing.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Rest in pieces, sweet Ven backstory... rest in pieces, honestly cool character designs gone to waste, I'm looking at you Ephemera you fluffy cinnamon roll APPLAUSE FOR THE FLUFFY CINNAMON ROLL GONE TO WASTE yes... rest in pieces, sexy character designs, I'm looking at you Blaine BOI I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOW A SORRY APPLAUSE FOR OUR IRRELEVANT EDGELORD WITH A FEATHER
*everyone claps in disappointment*

Now, a thankful heartfelt applause for all our Japanese-English fan translators, the unsung heroes...

Exactly how I feel about Strelitzia. Oh how I loved her quiet adoration from afar, only to die without even getting to know her better.

Awards

There are literally dozens of possibilities to give Ventus more depth and weave an interesting backstory without having to go so much over the top and include a totally different era and yet more convenient memory loss and possible identity problems. How original, like that wasn't used a hundred times before in this series.

DDD already played that ball with Xehanort knowing so much more than anyone else and becoming insufferably near-omniscient that I wouldn't put it past Nomura to play that in this case again as well.

Yea, if the story is put on hiatus for a year it is no wonder that Ven only had a few lines so far and those didn't actually improve on his backstory nor his characterization yet. The only thing we know so far about Ux-Ven that is different from BBS-Ven is that he is much more timid and shy, which may also come from the fact that he's significantly younger in Ux (about 10/11).
Otherwise, as shown by the few comments made by Skuld, Lauriam and Ephemer about or towards Ven he is personality-wise exactly the same as Xehanort describes him in his BBS reports (too benign for his own good, which is taken up by Blaine somewhat) and as we know him, kind, friendly etc.
As things stand right now he becomes even more of a plot device rather than an actual character. A "prize" from the past for Xehanort, possibly Marluxia/Lauriam and Sora & co. to have a tug-war over.
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I agree with the whole situation being jacked, and I’ll also admit having characters like Ventus, and Marluxia’s Somebody may have only been done more so to reel more people into playing the game than anything else. (Marluxia even more so) But I do think that given Xehanorts extreme interest and obsession with Ventus going as far as to still obtain his comatose body even after the events of BBS, makes sense and fits with narrative to have Ventus be from the time of the Keyblade War which Xehanort has dedicated most of his life over. Giving Ventus’s a backstory on anything that didn’t involve the Keyblade War wouldn’t have logically made him stand out at all to Xehanort when he made him an apprentice. He needed a strong darkness so picking someone as defiant and pure as Ventus rather than finding someone else more naturally inclined to the darkness makes less sense when you don’t take his backstory into consideration. Could it have been handled better yes but literally everything in The X series could have been handled better.[/FONT][/FONT]

AR829038

Awards

Welp, that's the last nail in the coffin for me.
Been playing the game for almost three years now, and I've only been playing it for the story. The gameplay sucks, even if you take away the pay-to-win aspect. The "content" is either painfully redundant or depressingly scarce, the cash-grabs are obscene, and the art style has always given off an inappropriate sense of frivolity to what should have been the darkest and most visually impressive installment in the entire franchise.
I don't just blame SENA, if I'm being honest. I mean, yes, they are scum, and they make the unpleasant situation that is the original Japanese release a thousand times worse. But to be honest, I think this whole project was a shitshow from the start, with very little prospect beyond the profit angle. Nomura clearly didn't learn his lesson about where, when, and how to integrate relevant plot details in a franchise, and what little has been revealed in this game is only about ten percent of the story, or so it feels like. The filler is, was, and always has been unforgivable. Kingdom Hearts has never been short of that kind of stuff, but at least what filler there was in the games was usually integrated into the overarching narrative, and at least it was finite—it could only go as long as the runtime of the game. This game has no reason for the Disney worlds in which they spend about ninety percent of the story, and it goes on for years and years. It's all fluff. It's all garbage.
And you know what? I pity those poor whale fools who wasted innumerable amounts of their own hard-earned money on this trash, only to be continually manipulated and betrayed at every turn, while earning nothing of any real-world value from their countless purchases. I'm thankful I never fell into that trap. I don't even care that I can't advance past my own nose in the PvP tournaments, or that I can't hope to win the expert hard banner challenges that they keep farting out exclusively for the whales, or that I've constantly passed up on the VIP boards. I'm done caring about any of it, because it's very clear that it's all been a big bait-and-switch all along. I've never quit anything—a game, a book, a project, whatever—in the middle of doing it, because I'm an obsessive completionist, and the thought of doing so gets me riled. But I'm going to make the first exception of my life with this dumpster fire, and sign off. I pray for all of you who continue to play, I hope none of you give another dollar to it, and I hope these corporate assholes in charge of the game wise up and release some goddamn story content, or just shut the whole thing down so we can all forget that it ever existed.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

All the more reason to hate this game.

It makes no sense to be at least marginally aware of the importance of the game to the overall story of the series, know that Kh3 is coming out in practically 4.5 months, and have the resources and the time to translate it, but "have no plans" to translate the game for your respective audience.

This entire game just seems like it was set up to be a cash grab from the get-go at this point. Truly disappointing.

The fact that getting the relevant story content out to the fans in time for the big finale of the current saga is essentially being made the last priority makes the entirety of KHUX feel like a big scam. It was and has been marketed as a proper entry in the series with direct ties to KH3. And now, after years on the market, the story content we have received thus far is painfully lackluster, and what we're about to get is apparently "not going to be missing much for KH3"? So, essentially:

Marketing Pitch: "Hey guys, come get some juicy new story additions and have some fun along the way while you wait for KH3!"

Reality: "Hey guys, let us exploit your excitement and impatience for KH3 by trying to get you psychologically addicted to a KH-themed glorified slot machine! And maybe there'll be some story stuff, none of it really matters though, but we'll pretend it does to keep you playing."

Glacie is a very nice person and I have nothing against her personally. I can only hope that she was perhaps misinformed, which very well may be the case considering she had no idea when the 3.0 update would be coming to our version, and then 4 hours later it was confirmed that it will be updated by tomorrow morning. I won't be surprised if our game doesn't receive the quests before KH3, but I WILL be surprised and pretty upset if the story reveals that Nomura has been speaking of for the past year end up being a bunch of nonsense that only loosely connect to KH3 and make little to no impact.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

This is just bullshit. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could do some catching up, simply by releasing more quests at once. Gah, whatever, this whole Ux thing is a mess anyway

Came here to say this.

This is an insult to the fans. The reason why we wanted Chi localised was because we wanted the story localised. This baffonary goes against the very reason there was a demand for this game to begin with.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Came here to say this.

This is an insult to the fans. The reason why we wanted Chi localised was because we wanted the story localised. This baffonary goes against the very reason there was a demand for this game to begin with.

We came for the story, stayed for the time-gap fill and promise of "the juicy story stuff is coming, we promise".

And now here we are. Chi's canon placement in the timeline was used as the primary bait to get people playing the game, and now that very same thing is being made to seem unimportant after all this time. It really feels like a bait and switch, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back