• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: Utada's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3 is still undetermined

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

Are you kidding me? Like every trailer he puts out spoils the ending.

*war flashbacks to Birth by Sleep*
well BBs did not have a lot of worlds to show so they had to show the graveyard

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Utada Teruzane confirms Utada Hikaru's involvement in KINGDOM HEARTS 3's theme song

Chaser I don't think Nomura is a person who spoils the ending

Not that everyone doesn't usually figures out the games' conclusions by the time they release, but Nomura also doesn't give a shit about spoilers and has made 6~10 minute long trailers covering everything from the intro to the secret ending.

Basically don't expect him to play nice and only show stuff from the first chunk of the game, otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Nomura set up the Xehanort reveal to be a big part of KH II's plot, then the first Ansem's Report you get literally tells you that the KH1 Reports were written by a different person.

I agree: it's not he actively tries to spoil, but if Nomura wants to do something a certain way he'll give very few damns about it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Not that everyone doesn't usually figures out the games' conclusions by the time they release, but Nomura also doesn't give a shit about spoilers and has made 6~10 minute long trailers covering everything from the intro to the secret ending.

Basically don't expect him to play nice and only show stuff from the first chunk of the game, otherwise you're going to be disappointed.
i not sign I know what he can do he basically does what he wants to do

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

well BBs did not have a lot of worlds to show so they had to show the graveyard

BBS had a lot of worlds. He spoiled KH3D too. He technically spoiled 2.8 with showing Sora and who knows what else with 0.2. Nomura spoils games in his trailers lol.

Road2dawn

I was really hoping she would!!! But she's going to have a hard time topping passions/my sanctuary though

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

This is such great news. If it's anything like her new music, we're in for such a treat.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'm glad she returned for KH3 so at least the saga will have one consistent voice, whether or not she carries on post-3. At the same time, I can't necessarily jumping up and down at the news either, because there's always the possibility I won't like the theme song anyway, like with "Sanctuary."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm glad she returned for KH3 so at least the saga will have one consistent voice, whether or not she carries on post-3. At the same time, I can't necessarily jumping up and down at the news either, because there's always the possibility I won't like the theme song anyway, like with "Sanctuary."

Have you liked any of her recent music like the stuff from Fantôme? Depending on that, your chances of enjoying the new stuff should greatly increase or decrease. Utada has matured a lot, and with it her music.

I dislike "Sanctuary" a lot but really like "Passion" and the -After the Battle- versions of both songs. "Sanctuary" suffers from not having the same ambient "ahhh"ing in the background that really tied "Passion" together, nor does it have the same level of sophistication thanks to the awkward English lyrics she wrote to try and fit the rhythm of the music.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Have you liked any of her recent music like the stuff from Fantôme? Depending on that, your chances of enjoying the new stuff should greatly increase or decrease. Utada has matured a lot, and with it her music.

I dislike "Sanctuary" a lot but really like "Passion" and the -After the Battle- versions of both songs. "Sanctuary" suffers from not having the same ambient "ahhh"ing in the background that really tied "Passion" together, nor does it have the same level of sophistication thanks to the awkward English lyrics she wrote to try and fit the rhythm of the music.
Agreed about Sanctuary. It sounds like a demo compared to Passion lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Agreed about Sanctuary. It sounds like a demo compared to Passion lol

Definitely has to do with the fact that she wrote "Sanctuary" first. "Passion" benefitted from being second (and also relegated to single status) because it got more production time and focus.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

This is a glorious day. -sobs uncontrollably in joy-

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the last things done in a video game?

Edit: Also really hoping we get something akin to Hikari, because I love the melody and lyrics to that so much.

Sanctuary, on the other hand, is a different story. I like the lyrics to it more than Simple and Clean's, oddly enough. But I'm still not a big fan of Sanctuary (though I have heard some amazing covers of it).

I know people have been saying this for years, but if we got something similar to Final Distance I'd honestly be really happy.

Or This One (Crying Like a Child).

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This is a glorious day. -sobs uncontrollably in joy-

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the last things done in a video game?

Depends on the game.

For KH2, Utada had the themes done like a whole 1-2 years before release? (I forget how long it had been...Dandelion will come to my rescue)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Depends on the game.

For KH2, Utada had the themes done like a whole 1-2 years before release? (I forget how long it had been...Dandelion will come to my rescue)
I actually don't know the answer to this, she'd worked on them for some time, the english version was written first - but we never heard them until like a month before release.

Beamer

Awards

Finally!
I kinda just scared everyone in my living room with my massive shouts of joy XD

Even if Utada doesn't continue working with the franchise, it's so awesome she's doing KH3's theme! I wonder when we get to hear it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I actually don't know the answer to this, she'd worked on them for some time, the english version was written first - but we never heard them until like a month before release.

sob ; A;

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I was at work and couldn't properly hype, sob.

I'M SO GLAD! I feel like the signs have been positive for years that this would happen but I'm so happy to hear it confirmed. It wouldn't be right for the current saga to have anyone else represent it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Wait if we getting a new theme song from utada that means yoko will create a orchestra version as well for it

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Wonder if Utada will do themes for games after KH3? Though it's probably too early to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back