• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: NEO: The World Ends With You PS4 + Switch file size + pre-load date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

UPDATE 6/2/2021: The official My Nintendo Store Japan website revealed that NEO: The World Ends With You will require 6.3 GB of space on Nintendo Switch consoles. (via Twitter @xenosaga7

According to PlayStation Game Size on Twitter, NEO: The World Ends With You will require 7.813 GB of space to install the game on the PlayStation 4, with a download size of 7.9 GB. PlayStation Game Size also shows that the game will be available for pre-load on July 25th.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on NEO: The World Ends With YouKingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow that’s surprisingly small! Guess the game isn’t heavy on textures or anything, and the map is probably comparable to the original game in expanse. Very efficient

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow that’s surprisingly small! Guess the game isn’t heavy on textures or anything, and the map is probably comparable to the original game in expanse. Very efficient
Yeah I was confused when I saw the size! But it makes sense. Also most of the story is told through 2D scenes. That saves a lot of space.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Considering how big games seem to have been getting that's kind of crazy small, but considering it isn't going for the super realistic and polished look and has 2D scenes this makes sense. I like this approach for AA or A games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Apparently the game went gold on May 7th.

I like the small file size here. This and Ace Attorney adding up to only 11GB helps when Ratchet and Clank is 32GB and FFVIIRI is probably crazyGB.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Apparently the game went gold on May 7th.

I like the small file size here. This and Ace Attorney adding up to only 11GB helps when Ratchet and Clank is 32GB and FFVIIRI is probably crazyGB.

Yeah, I've been playing Tetris with my HDD space to make sure I had enough room for these upcoming games. Already dreading FF7RI...

NTWEWY and TGAA being so small is perfect

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I've been playing Tetris with my HDD space to make sure I had enough room for these upcoming games. Already dreading FF7RI...

NTWEWY and TGAA being so small is perfect
I’m one of the fools who plays Marvel’s Avengers so that’s taking up 83 GB. And I’m playing Valhalla which is 74GB.

And having FFVIIR on the SSD waiting for the save upload patch has taken up the most space (90GB) but I still have almost 300GB free.

I’m comfortable with what’s on my SSD but I’m buying six games between June and September so smaller file sizes are nice.

AegisXIII

Awards
Breath of the Wild is 13GB, so I wouldn't worry.
Ocarina of time was 32Mb. XD

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Worried about that small size, but they already said it's a long game. i will give them the benefit of the doubt

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Worried about that small size, but they already said it's a long game. i will give them the benefit of the doubt

It’s not a graphics heavy game with cutscenes mostly in 2D.

Cutscenes in games take up a lot of space as they require a lot data to be rendered, or they are video files that are also very large to be as high quality as possible. This game doesn’t have this issue because of the 2D scenes and minimal 3D cutscenes.

I guess a bad comparison in terms of visual quality is...KH2? KH2 is only like 4GB in size.

Back