• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► UPDATE: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue themes pricing error fixed, themes now free

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

UPDATE 1/25/2017: Square Enix has fixed the pricing error on the themes and they are now free for everybody to download once they complete each title in the collection.

As some of you may have already noticed, the KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue themes that are meant to unlock for free after completing each title in the collection appear to cost $2.99 USD when attempting to download them from the PlayStation Network in North America. Other players are reporting that they are unable to access the themes at all in some regions, while many others are able to download it for free without any issues outside of North America. 

There is currently no word if or when this will be fixed, but we will keep you all informed if anything changes.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to _LostFindings_ via Twitter for the tip!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue themes appear to be mistakenly priced

Crooked Square Enix!!! Sad! Just plain SAD!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue themes appear to be mistakenly priced

They were free for me, so it's like whatever. Probably just a mistake anyway.
Eh

Dark Wing

Awards

the fact that you need to download them rather than being able to just install them from the disc like 1.5 and 2.5 kinda irks me

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They were free for me, so it's like whatever. Probably just a mistake anyway.
Eh

Yes this is only an issue in the North American PSN store. We are trying to inform people so they don't mistakenly purchase it, thinking it is a paid theme.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Is it dumb to ask if this will affect the availability of the themes in general? Like let's say I watch Back Cover tonight, do I have to watch again later to get the theme?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Is it dumb to ask if this will affect the availability of the themes in general? Like let's say I watch Back Cover tonight, do I have to watch again later to get the theme?

No, the problem in with PSN, not the game itself. They just need to change the price on PSN to free and it will be fine.

Ashton69

Awards

Crooked Square Enix. Just another example of Shinjuku values.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Someone at Sony headquarters done goofed. Oh well, I'm in no rush to change my theme, so I'll wait until they fix this to download them. In the event that they don't fix this and they actually expect us to pay $3 per theme, I will be disgusted.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Someone posted this on GameFaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181154-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue/74894151?page=3

aCxhW2e.png

Muke

whatever
Awards

That's ridiculous and unfair to say the least

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

That doesn't really make sense since the "developers" aren't the ones who decided to do this I think? Otherwise why would every other country get them for free lol. Still hoping its just Playstation that messed up maybe?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

The most expensive collection with the least amount of content is charging for unlockable themes? Classic!

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I just...wow. If they aren't going to bother fixing the problem and this was intentional, then Square (at least Square Enix USA) just hit a new low. Yeah they're just PS4 themes, and I have seen far greedier things done in this industry, but there is absolutely no excuse as to why we have to pay for unlockable themes that are free in literally every other part of the world. That's just disgusting.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

The most expensive collection with the least amount of content is charging for unlockable themes? Classic!

Wow..... literally unplayable.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I was gonna say I'm like thanks for giving me the ability to buy a theme guys.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

So, SENA actually expects people to buy each theme for $3 when they're free everywhere else in the world AND the themes were free in both previous collections?

Yeah, they can fucking shove it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

During the KH live stream yesterday, the staff said they would look into it. Don't listen to Support. They don't know shit and usually BS answers.

I remember when they told me my copy of 1.5 was not having audio glitches and to have a nice day. To this day the audio still pops in the game and no other game does.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Nothing tastes better than free media >:D

C3BuGFdVEAAE98r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back