• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unused World/Map in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

erkz

So, my friend Truthkey/Keytotruth suggested that I should post this information here -

Earlier today, I was messing around with KHDDD and stumbled onto an unused map:
https://youtu.be/vWyCL3sdXqA?t=10409

This map has the area code "tp".
[For your reference, all maps in the Kingdom Hearts games have area codes like "hb" for the Hollow Bastion world, "tt" for the Twilight Town world, "di" for the Destiny Islands world - I'm sure you get the idea by now.]

After investigating the boats and ships used in previous Kingdom Hearts games, it seems that this model is not similar to any of them. This ship has never been used in a Kingdom Hearts game before.

Further investigation into Disney movies revealed that this map closely resembles the ship from the movie "Treasure Planet".

There are 11 rooms in this "tp" world, unfortunately however all of the other rooms have been replaced with the following placeholder map:
https://youtu.be/vWyCL3sdXqA?t=10743

We have come to the conclusion that it is very likely that there was a treasure planet world planned for KH3D but was scrapped very early in development.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it looks much like the ship from Treasure Planet at all. That ship was rather massive, and considering how massive the worlds in KH3D were, this would be rather irregular. The ship's stern is very small while the stern in the ship from Treasure Planet is wide like a fan.

It resembles Captain Hook's ship pretty well, though. An argument could be made for the Black Pearl in Port Royal as well.

To be fair they could have started with a basic shape and were planning to alter it along the way.

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
To be fair they could have started with a basic shape and were planning to alter it along the way.
That's what I'm thinking as well, if they really planned a Treasure Planet world (which would have been an fantastic idea imho) it was probably scrapped before any real progress was made.

Still, that's a really nice find.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what I'm thinking as well, if they really planned a Treasure Planet world (which would have been an fantastic idea imho) it was probably scrapped before any real progress was made.

I'm actually kind of glad they didn't because I think it is a world worth being in KH3 due to the potential scope it could have. KH3D wouldn't have been able to do it justice.

Still, that's a really nice find.

No, definitely! Might get something rolling for tomorrow. If erkz agrees with it?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm actually kind of glad they didn't because I think it is a world worth being in KH3 due to the potential scope it could have. KH3D wouldn't have been able to do it justice.

Same here, Treasure Planet as a Disney property needs to be popular again and Kingdom Hearts III is the perfect platform for that to happen. The only other question I have is, why didn't they save The Grid or The Hunchback of Notre Dame for Kingdom Hearts III too? I understand that Dream Drop Distance unique selling points were new worlds, but both those worlds would have looked so grand in Unreal Engine 4!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
It reminds me of the unused world of Jungle Book in BBS that was found through hacking (not influencing hacking cause hacking = bad crime).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Good find there, erkz!

As much as my heart shattered into tiny pieces now knowing we almost had Treasure Planet in DDD, I'm also really relieved we didn't because of the sheer scope this movie has wouldn't have been done justice in DDD.
I'm also happy that they at least considered it far enough that a ship and placeholder map was made before being scrapped.
Gives me hope for a KHIII appearance.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yes, seeing how the graphics are far more enhanced in KH3 than DDD gives me hope that Treasure Planet would be amazing in KH3.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Guess this unused world seems to be a question to be world, but at this point, it's not an answer to be heard...

HAHAHA, but I digress. Assuming this unused world, small as it may be, was a placeholder for Treasure Planet, then it hopefully means we might get it as a world in KH3. Plus I think the fandom has been wanting a TP world for years now, *snort*.

redcrown

Awards
So at what time in the video does the ship model show up? It's hard to comb through a 3 hour video on mobile.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This caught my attention across vg news sources and sure enough it was here. Very cool. As Howler stated, it definitely reminds me of the remnants of partial worlds found in BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back