• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unused Sword in the Stone & "Mysterious Wasteland" Maps

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamer

Awards
So I was reading about the betas of the Kingdom Hearts games (spurred by seeing the cut Donald & Goofy cutscene from KH2), and I saw that The Cutting Room Floor mentioned that Birth By Sleep has maps for both a scrapped Sword in the Stone World and a "Mysterious Wasteland". I've actually seen videos of the cut Jungle Book world, but has anyone recorded any footage or taken screenshots of these other maps mentioned or are they just blank maps with title names that suggest they're from these two scrapped worlds? I'm not discounting the possibility they don't exist at all and someone's pulling our leg, but I figured someone on these forums would know better than I would.

Here's the link where I found the info: https://tcrf.net/Kingdom_Hearts:_Birth_by_Sleep#Unused_Areas

Recon

Art of War
Awards
We've had a large discussion about the The Jungle Book findings, but the Sword in the Stone is new to me. Same with the mysterious wasteland (i dont follow everything so don't hate me). Perhaps someone could provide a better explanation?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Mysterious Wasteland could indeed just be another translation for "Badlands" aka the Keyblade Graveyard. Maybe the final world was originally intended to have more maps than the three or so it has in the actual game or it is one of the cutscene only specific maps.

Beamer

Awards
We've had a large discussion about the The Jungle Book findings, but the Sword in the Stone is new to me.

That's why I was wondering if anyone's heard of it. If the maps exist, just without textures, I'd really love to see it.

Mysterious Wasteland could indeed just be another translation for "Badlands" aka the Keyblade Graveyard. Maybe the final world was originally intended to have more maps than the three or so it has in the actual game or it is one of the cutscene only specific maps.

That would make sense. To be honest that's what I was thinking as well. These maps would come up if someone used the Birth By Sleep Room mod right?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
One note of caution, this is a fan Wikia and they are subject to heavy bias. The less moderators on the Wikia, the more messy it is. But if there was to be an unused "Sword in the Stone" world, I'd wager a good gamble that's the new world for Unchained X.

Beamer

Awards
One note of caution, this is a fan Wikia and they are subject to heavy bias. The less moderators on the Wikia, the more messy it is. But if there was to be an unused "Sword in the Stone" world, I'd wager a good gamble that's the new world for Unchained X.

I'm sure that it's a possibility someone heard a rumor that a Sword in the Stone World was going to be in the game and added the info, but we don't really have concrete proof of that either (as far as I'm aware). Anyways, i'm gonna see if I can use an emulator a room mod codes to search for it (assuming my computer will even let me run it as a decent speed...). I'll let you guys know what I find.

*Edit: So far the few map change codes I've entered only bring up placeholder maps or maps we already know exist. Anyone else on the boards more versed in this that could help? I don't really know what I'm doing XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back