• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Until Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Eight friends trapped together on a remote mountain retreat, and they aren’t alone. Gripped by dread, with tensions running high, they must fight through their fear if they all hope to make through the night in one piece. Play as each of the eight characters and experience fear like you never have before. Every decision you make in your terrifying search for answers could mean the difference between life and death, but for whom? Your actions alone will decide who survives Until Dawn.

[video=youtube;NdWelbl9B9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWelbl9B9w[/video]

Choice & Consequence – Make the impossible choices, where every decision in your terrifying search for answers could mean the difference between life and death, but for who?
Next-Gen Horror – Harnessing the power of an evolved Killzone™ Shadow Fall engine, Until Dawn will shock you with realistic graphics and terrify you edge-of-your seat gameplay.
Butterfly Effect – Carve your path to survival with branching story lines that promise no two experiences will be the same. The choices you make may ripple unseen into moments of grave peril, or they may very well save a life.
Gripping Story – Immerse yourself in a truly spine-tingling story written in collaboration with famed cult writer/directors Larry Fessenden & Graham Reznick.

Until Dawnâ„¢ | PS4 Games | PlayStation
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/until-dawn-rebooted-for-ps4-and-its-terrifying

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Was wondering what ever happened to this. Glad it's getting revitalized now.
Now we just need one other game to follow suite *cough LastGuardian*cough*

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
[video=youtube;WCpES5O5pvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpES5O5pvo[/video]

This looks really cool. It plays a lot like Heavy Rain, and if it wasn't for the background noise in the video, it would have been scarier. A few of the scares actually got to me, though.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Still nothing huh? Well we got a release date now for August 25 in NA, 28 in EU I believe

Until Dawn Release Date Announced - IGN

[video=youtube;HAKBU7VXdUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKBU7VXdUI[/video]

Can't wait, looking great so far still after all these years

It does look really fun. Definitely getting a Heavy Rain vibe.

I actually just learned about this game a few months ago. How long has it been in development?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Gives a lot of Cabin in the Woods vibes. I'm gonna have to add this game to my list of PS4 titles to pick up when I get a PS4.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I actually just learned about this game a few months ago. How long has it been in development?

I wanna say since around 2011 or so? It was originally a PS3 exclusive headlining on the Move stuff. Glad they went this route instead

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

I believe it was originally announced in 2012 for PS3/Move. So I would guess it has been in development from at least 2010. They scrapped the Move idea and basically started all over for the PS4.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Gives a lot of Cabin in the Woods vibes. I'm gonna have to add this game to my list of PS4 titles to pick up when I get a PS4.

Same here.

I wanna say since around 2011 or so? It was originally a PS3 exclusive headlining on the Move stuff. Glad they went this route instead

I believe it was originally announced in 2012 for PS3/Move. So I would guess it has been in development from at least 2010. They scrapped the Move idea and basically started all over for the PS4.

So it's been awhile huh? Glad to see they decided to finish it. It does look really fun.

Blazingblue

Banned
How many of you guys are picking this up on August 25th? I know I am! This is the kind of game I need right now especially since no KH3 this year.

TheOtherPromise

I really want this game. It looks like a lot of fun. On my first play through I think I'll try to keep all the characters alive.
I don't know if I'm going to buy it on the first day though because I don't have a PS4 yet.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Being on a slight budget at the moment, I'll definitely pick it up once it's on sale. Looking forward to it, I love these style of games

Blazingblue

Banned
^_^ Finally a game I can actually win at! Cause you can't lose in this game! lol seriously I am terrible at games so this is right up my ally.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
^_^ Finally a game I can actually win at! Cause you can't lose in this game! lol seriously I am terrible at games so this is right up my ally.

You should also play Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls if you're digging this game. They're both fantastic in their own way and have the same gameplay as this where 'you can't lose' and the story you craft is your own

Blazingblue

Banned
You should also play Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls if you're digging this game. They're both fantastic in their own way and have the same gameplay as this where 'you can't lose' and the story you craft is your own
Well I don't own a PS3 anymore. I only have a PS4/New 3DS XL maybe I'll save some money and get this Heavy Rain.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I got my hands on Until Dawn early (perk of my job, occasionally) and I just beat it. Gonna give an incredibly vague "review" because I'm tired and it's days before you guys will likely be able to play it.

First off: I'm not sure it's worth the price tag; I think it's better priced at about $40. That isn't saying it was a bad experience but it is a short one. It definitely has a lot of replay value, but if you're happy with your initial ending then I don't think you'll want to even replay it.
I didn't buy it and I'm not sure I will until it drops to $40ish so I won't be able to do my replays for a little while.

But this game was really interesting. All of the camera angles imitate a horror movie and it's crammed full of horror tropes. The characters are obviously archetypes with a little room for growth depending on if you keep them alive and how you go about playing them. There was one that no matter what happened with her, I just loathed her, though. Emily is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch. Of course, she survives in my game, lol. You absolutely CAN kill everyone or keep them alive. It is really up to you and there is no hero or heroine in this story that lives no matter what. Everyone is honestly up for grabs.

The story definitely starts out as a typical horror movie and continues on that path for... most of the game. But that is by no means a bad thing, it's actually really cool. If you enjoy horror movies, it gives you this immediate sense of what you should and what you shouldn't be doing in order to stay alive. If your instinct is to run or to hide because you've seen a hundred horror movies where the exact same scene plays out, well then trust your instinct because you're probably right. And it's quite rewarding in that sense. I actually am curious about a lot of things I steered clear from because I knew they would get me killed... but they were so intriguing. And then the game throws you a story line curve-ball that's a little hard to swallow but I'm totally fine with it given the games overall theme (which is hard to even know until you get to the end/beat it). And there's this cool little, "break of the fourth wall" where the game asks you what you're scared of to try and shape the story around your fears I believe. Really interesting, albeit somewhat disorienting. It comes together down the road but it's definitely a huge, "wtf" when you're playing.

I only made it through with 4 of the characters (Mike (yay), Emily (such a bitch, oh my god), Ashley, and Chris) so I'm definitely going to be replaying. Probably at least 2 more, 1 to get all of the collectibles I missed and hopefully keep everyone alive in, and 1 where I just do all of the stupid shit so I can answer a lot of my questions.

My best advice to everyone starting is: do NOT diddly up your quick time events for the love of god. The only time I did, I got a character killed. And do NOT diddly up holding your controller still when it prompts you. Again, the only time I did, I got my diddlying favorite character killed. Ugh. This game auto-saves faster than any game before so you're forced to stick with what you do.

I'll elaborate more on how my game went when the game is actually released. I'm so curious what's going to happen for everyone else... All in all, I think this was a good game and worth playing though at what price is up to you. But you should give it a chance.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I was wondering how you were playing this earlier lol, good read on your opinion.

How was the length to you, say compared to Heavy Rain or Beyond? I got both of those titles fairly well after their launch for $20 and $10 respectively so those felt incredibly worth for what I bought (I even felt like I was ripping off the stores for buying them so cheap), so I'm not so sure I'll shell out for full price for this, but maybe when it goes on sale. I'm sure they'll have something on it around October and I'll probably be done by Phantom Pain by then, so that's probably when I'll get it

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was wondering how you were playing this earlier lol, good read on your opinion.

How was the length to you, say compared to Heavy Rain or Beyond? I got both of those titles fairly well after their launch for $20 and $10 respectively so those felt incredibly worth for what I bought (I even felt like I was ripping off the stores for buying them so cheap), so I'm not so sure I'll shell out for full price for this, but maybe when it goes on sale. I'm sure they'll have something on it around October and I'll probably be done by Phantom Pain by then, so that's probably when I'll get it
The length is entirely dependent on how many people you keep alive and for how long you can keep them alive. I lost 2 early on so I clocked in around 7 hours when I beat it, I believe. I imagine that if all of the characters were to live the game would sit at 10 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back