• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unreal Tournament ^3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Unreal Tournament Server comback..?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Should the UT server be revived..?
Yes or No.

Okkies.. I will confirm most of the 'rumors' now..
The UT server will probably be making it's comeback sometime this week or next week.

So grab your guns, and get ready. :rolleyes:

I will try to get 'ValHalla' and '3dFXMapVote' patches installed as soon as possible.

I still have 'other' things to work on, though.

I need 'suggestions' for other 'possible' mods (patches) for UT.
(Not like forum mods.. a UT mod changes the gameplay and adds fun.)

I will look into most suggested mods posted.
(Unless it is completely ridiculous.)

~~Azurith

Kyo

I hope the server does get revived. Never got to play it.

TwilightSora

I'm back? Maybe.
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
It seems to me that the only reason it died the first time, was that everyone was trying to get on at different times. One person would walk in at first and see no one there, so they leave. This makes it a problem, because no two people get on at the same time. So I'm suggesting some kind of daily time to be set up, where everyone who wants to play can get on, knowing that there are others who are planning to get on. A "Who's online" page would be nice too, if it's possible.

T

The Marauder

Yes, bring it back plz. When UT'07 comes out, perhaps we could switch the server to that, but as of now, '99 ftw!

Oh yes and for mods, I only request a few in-game ones: Low Grav, Relecs of Regen/Speed, and possibly instagib...

For maps: CTF-High, CTF-Face, CTF-Face2 (][), and CTF-LavaGiant only on normal rotation is my vote. Those four are the best CTF maps ever, no joke... And please, no goddamn deathmatch.

Azurith

Awards
The Marauder said:
Oh yes and for mods, I only request a few in-game ones: Low Grav, Relecs of Regen/Speed, and possibly instagib...

For maps: CTF-High, CTF-Face, CTF-Face2 (][), and CTF-LavaGiant only on normal rotation is my vote. Those four are the best CTF maps ever, no joke... And please, no goddamn deathmatch.

First:
Those aren't what I mean.. they all come INCLUDED in unreal.. which means, they can be added or removed from a game easily, because they are 'relics'.
(I could setup MapVote to have a 'relic' function, to use relics in the next map..)

Secondly:
But what about the people that want to play in a DM game..?

I know flare LOVES deathmatch..

TeamDeathMatch is so much funnier, though..

And just wait for the other 'gametypes' I've got 'cookin'. ^.^
(You guys will probably love the *new mods*..)

As for maps.. if someone makes one, I'm willing to put it on the server.. or if it's a really good map. <.<

~~Azurith

Kyo

The Marauder said:
Yes, bring it back plz. When UT'07 comes out, perhaps we could switch the server to that, but as of now, '99 ftw!

So your mostly a team player The Marauder o_o. You like CTF too much :eek:.

T

The Marauder

When I play CTF, I actually usually work alone so...

Anyways, just don't put in any model-including mods. I remember when you tried that queer mod that had that odd submachine gun that fired... grenades. >.> That damned weapon pack took me almost an hour to download on my CABLE connection, and all I got was a lame gun (I am unaware if the server was just slow, or if the file was insanely large). Choose the mods wisely before you just stick 'em up though next time, Azu. :p

I know that you are talking about other mods. Hell, the other day I was playing a cs-style mod for UT99. I dunno why you'd want CS in UT, but whatever... Anyway, I have mapped for a ton of online games, but have never fiddled with UT's editor. Maybe I'll find some time this weekend and we'll see.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Will the ftp be back up for people who never got to download it? (like me?)

K

Kazeth

this sounds good, and i hope you aren't doing this just for your enjoyment on owning us...I guess i should train myself...even though it wont help... =/

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
YESH <3

I don't really know why UT died...one day everyone jsut stopped playing it....it needs to come back, I need my UT fix again

Is that UT rankings site you set-up gonna be coming back? I wanna become the #1 CTF player again

The only mod that I can think of that I want to come back is the Mapvote, and those crazy-ass weapons that killed everyone in one hit (Uzi battles were awesome, and those snipers that shot grenades XD)

CTF-High, CTF-Face, CTF-Lavagiant = Love

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
And Piggy needs more FPS for his new PC.

I can't wait to get pwned!

Azurith

Awards
Ok, the FTP server is up...
Here's the login information:
Username: ***khi_member@azurithxhin.net***
(The entire thing is the logon name.. without the *'s.)
Password: khikhi
Server ip/URL: ftp.azurithxhin.net
(Or if ftp.azurithxhin.net doesn't work, use azurithxhin.net instead.)

I am currently in the process of setup for the UT server & the VV server.
(Ventrillo Voice.. allows 'realtime' strategy through voice communications.)
VV isn't a necessity for UT. However, if you want to strategize on UT, with less typing (which means more kills & less deaths) then use VV..

And I'll be looking for a few mods to 'admin' the server.
(They will have a few 'extra' abilities that all other staff won't have. It won't be like the old UT server. Mainly the 'reset' function.. should anything happen, the UT server CAN be reset by a UT admin. ^.^.. incase I'm not here or something.)

~~Azurith

I'll post the UT server specifics later.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
We've lost a lot of old players like Ryu and Flare ;-; TM most likely won't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back