• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
I prefer Kingdom Hearts III combat over Kingdom Hearts II, its just more fun.

Same. I feel much more of an incentive to use all my options to handle enemies, while KH2 I forget limits and summons exist and I hated drive forms.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Riku getting a new Keyblade felt really...dumb? Like, I get it’s like symbolic that he’s no longer associated with darkness (which is total bull because you see this guy use Dark Firaga on a few occasions in KH3) but you don’t see anybody else getting new keyblades. Way to the Dawn is most definitely a waaay cooler keyblade than Mr. Giantic Car Key with no unique qualities other than being a huge car key.

Mickey gets a pass tho. Kingdom Key D is nothing more than a glorified photo negative version of the Kingdom Key. That definitely warrants a Keyblade change.

Pokie

Same. I feel much more of an incentive to use all my options to handle enemies, while KH2 I forget limits and summons exist and I hated drive forms.

Yeah, same here. KH3's combat is just so much more fun than KH2's.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That definitely warrants a Keyblade change.

It's classic, and Sora still makes use of the Kingdom Key. Why should the keyblade masters' role be relegated by having one keyblade/keychain, when Sora has a plethora? It would have been cool to swap between multiple, playing as Riku and Aqua, given their past arsenal.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Yeah, same here. KH3's combat is just so much more fun than KH2's.

It's also appreciated that you're not forced to grind. You don't have to level up summons or transformations or anything, so no wasting hours of your life grinding just to get a high jump or whatever! You just get high jump or glide through story progression! Thank you, KH3!

kaseykockroach

Awards
Everyone's all "It's so sad you don't get to hear more of Scala's music before the final battle!", but I thought Keyblade Graveyard's theme was much more interesting and atmospheric.
I would have loved for Sora to have to go through a maze in-between battles, just for the sake of some build-up in-between fighting alongside Riku, Mickey, etc.

Darkness Call

I prefer Kingdom Hearts III combat over Kingdom Hearts II, its just more fun.

Honestly I believe this is an really popular opinion and i agree 100%

Here is some of mine.

I love convoluted stories as many others have stated here. I love having to think everything through and the incredibly satisfying feeling when it all comes together, its what drew me to the FF series and kept me into Kh, well the main reason.

I find Roxas as a boring and uninteresting character, didn't care if he came back.

Organization life in Days was horribly dull

I like Kairi as a character but wish she did more.

Time travel just makes everything better, it opens so many interesting doors for plot movement.

I don't care for Demyx even though he is funny.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Kh1 is the worst Kh game in the series, it isn't bad none of them are, but its the least interesting to me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I would have preferred if Xion was a regular nobody Roxas had a falling out with. That gives everyone an easier reason not to mention her in KH2; she just didn't matter much to anyone but Roxas (and Axel).

I actually didn't mind there being more Organization members but I felt Xion was an underwhelming addition. Unlike Namine who deconstructed a bad fanfic trope, Xion fell into another trope headfirst.

I'm hoping the post KH3 era gives her more of a chance to be a distinct character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guernsey

Awards
Sometimes it feels like Kingdom Hearts story is bloated and convoluted for its own sake rather than create "complexity". The story itself is simple but the way they handled it is bad.

kaseykockroach

Awards
The cactaur in Toy Box was a better use of Final Fantasy than any character cameos.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I would welcome a return to Atlantica with KH3's underwater mechanics.

drew0512

Awards
That quick wtf look that Ventus and Roxas shared was the perfect interaction. Anything else would have felt out of place given the circumstances.

redcrown

Awards
I never liked Kairi, and was more annoyed about her forced amount of over inclusion/plot importance than the bad writing of it all.

The way her character and story were utilized definitely felt like proof of what I suspected years ago; that Nomura just plain doesn't like Kairi at all.

Veevee

Awards
The Master of Masters is annoying and I hate
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I mean, I like funny characters and these are well written, but I still simply don't like them.

Mickey really shows way too little emotion. All the time. It really annoys me.

kaseykockroach

Awards
That’s how Mickey Mouse is in most incarnations. He’s the soulless corporate mascot, kind of comes with the job.

Veevee

Awards
That’s how Mickey Mouse is in most incarnations. He’s the soulless corporate mascot, kind of comes with the job.

Well, true. He was never my favorite character, but in the old comics he was at least witty, brave, loyal and honest. He might still be witty in KH, but all of the other traits are kinda lost: He is basically never honest / withholds information (like "hey, Sora, Riku is alive and well, you can properly focus on your task now!"), didn't bother to look for Aqua even though he literally held the possibility in his hands (what a great Keyblade MASTER) and he seems to be doing most of his actions out of obligation, not because he actually cares about the people involved. And he's in every. damn. entry.

Re:Com had the best dialogue in the series.

How Riku got his new haircut in 3 was really ridiculous and damaged the atmosphere. Why couldn't he just get his hair cut before? The look is great though.

The friendship between Isa and Lea is so much more convincing than RAX will ever be.

I didn't mind the Roxas / Naminé thing at the end of KH2 because I never interpreted it in a romantic way. I thought of it as two people sharing a similar experience and bonding about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hate that so many interesting plot elements were introduced and used once and forgotten ever after. The series actually never used that "smell darkness" (which was told in a dumb way, but had an interesting idea underneath), telepathy (how? why? why never again?) or feeling the bequeathing (again, how?) again (to just name a few) which made it kinda random they introduced it in the first place.

Last edited:
Back