• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KelvinBelmont

-Xion is a dull character who hasn't had much purpose in the story. You can take her and Days out of the story and it'll still make sense.
-I much prefer the Deck Command over the regular menu.
-Vanitas has been the best villain due to being the least cryptic out of everyone and talking as if it's the matrix.
-Days story is the epitome of teen angst.
-The command board isn't even that bad.
-KH2's combat is not as deep as people like to say, there are many other action games out there that top it.

AlbertJ

Awards
I think that Birth by Sleep is the worst game in the series and the only game that I found the command deck tolerable in was Re:coded.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I hate the gameplay in 3D, it's waaay to unfair and stupidly difficult. I love a challenge but not when you get one hit killed by enemies that you can't see the second you stand still or land on the ground and suddenly a black thing come up from the ground and kill you.
The camera make things even more annoying.

I really loved the PotC world or at least the idea of it (like most worlds in that game it was still pretty bland but I really loved the art style and think part 2&3 would fit great in KH III)

Don't know what people say about Re CoM but I absolutely hated that gameplay, so fucking boring and repetitive.
The bosses were okey though and I loved the Riku play through which was really short, Ansem SoD is on my top 10 bosses of all time list absolutely.

cloudyah

I loved Days.

KH II > KH I.

Coded is underrated.

Re:CoM was good for filling in some of the story blanks, but for me it was too repetitive. I wanted to die when I realized I had to go through the whole thing again as Riku.

Kairi's KH I outfit was fugly. And jfc her feet are way too big. Actually, all of their feet are too big. I get why they made Sora's feet big (the whole Mickey Mouse/outfit similarities thing), but why did everyone else have to have huge feet?

The summons are kinda lame. I wish they had the same grandiose feel as FF.

A "Frozen" world in KH III would send me off the deep end. Literally, it would be the worst thing that could ever happen to this game, world-wise.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I loved the long Twilight Town intro part with Roxas in KH2, and that made me care a lot more about him than Sora. Never really connected with Sora, he's too dull and extroverted for my taste.

Worst part was when it turned out Roxas, the character I actually LIKED, never was supposed to exist and had to disappear into Sora. So I still loved KH2 for getting me so attached to him and figuring out clues about him and the Organization throughout the game's story.

That's what made me like the KH series to begin with. Now I'm hooked mainly because of the gameplay. The story is getting retconned too much now for it to make proper sense, or to be interesting enough to follow. Which I still do though.

Rexy

Bronze Member
The personality that I like more on Sora is the KH:RCoM. We can see that he grew up from KH1, when he was climbing the castle. Then he forgot that and I don't really like the personality that he stayed with that much (the kh 1 one). I know he has been growing up but still... I'm excited to see him in KH3 :p

Dr_Mario64

Some people say KH2 was a drastic change in tone and plot from KH1. In many respects, I think that's a good thing. I prefer the Disney elements downplayed; as they have consistently proven more effective in narrative theming. Also, the plot may have gotten much more complicated, but I think that helped the series form its identity. I'll be honest, If I had started playing from KH1 I wouldn't have been completely sold. It has a good plot, but it felt really bland in terms of world-building. When I played KH2, I learned about Roxas, Organization XIII, Heatless, Sora, and although it didn't make perfect sense, it sparked my curiosity almost immediately! I got really invested in the characters, and wanted to unravel the mystery of their fates and how everything came together!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I can't really stand either Axel, Roxas or Xion. o0
I know many people just love them, their story, relationship and and and. But I really just found them boring most of the time. I also really like hate 358/2 Days. Never finished the game and never will.

Squabble

1. I don't want Star Wars or Marvel in KH3
2. I like the Atlantica World in KH2(its silly but its charming)
3. Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are both very poorly designed games. Birth by Sleep>DDD imo

BlazeHeatnix

1. I don't want Star Wars or Marvel in KH3

That's not an unpopular opinion. The unpopular opinion is actually wanting Marvel or Star Wars in KH3, in which case I actually DO want them. I don't understand why everyone is almost in agreement over it not being able to work. If Halloween Town can work, and Port Royal can work, than there is literally no reason Marvel and Star Wars can't work.

MikhaliX

I hate Kairi's pink dress in KH2. She's already got red hair so why pink? She looks like a Strawberry Sunday.

I don' think this is an unpopular opinion but I HATE, HAAATE the fact that the series has been spread out to different handhelds. I had to buy all the different consoles to get my hands on them although they fixed that with 1.5 and 2.5 but at the time, I was hating myself for buying the different handhelds to play them all. Why do they have to put the original fans through so much shit to get all of them?

I'm pretty sure this one is an unpopular opinion: I think the Disney aspects of it are the weakest part of the game. The character models are 3 times worse and they contribute too little to the story because they're confined to how they play out in their movies. I'd rather some of the disney characters interacted with each other like Herculese holding back the beast or Aladdin zipping through Wonderland. Also, I just want party members that aren't Donald and Goofy. Having Riku as my party member with the fight with Xemnas was my favorite part in the game and it made the last battle so much more epic.

Yeah. Star wars would work. In fact, KH's world has the same mechanics as Star Wars.
Keyblades=Light Sabers/the force.
Light vs Dark.
Darth Vader=Xemnas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wander

I'm a huge Marvel fan personally. Something like Big Hero 6 would be pretty cool to see, but people are out of their minds if they think mainstream Marvel would work in KH. I mean, we're talking about a series that edited out Xigbar's gun transformation because automatic weapons are inappropriate. Now tell me running around actual New York City with mass murdering Wolverine and Donald Duck possibly fighting actual murderous psychopaths doesn't sound out of place. You can dumb it down to acceptable levels but at that point it won't even be Marvel so why bother?

Star Wars could work with a Clone Wars-esque art style but it would need an original story that has nothing to do with the actual Star Wars plot and villains because politics and KH don't mix. At which point again, why bother?

Halloween Town is fine and fits in well, Port Royal should be an exception and not a rule because it didn't even "work" that well.

This is all your opinion and I respect that but there are actually reasons for why people don't want these things.

ITeM21

222 NE, 3rd Ave., Apt. No.2, Camas, WA, 98607
I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps getting looked down at for my opinions.

Well first, I never really enjoyed Maleficent being given a lust for power and getting hopped on the whole 'darkness' shtick. I always liked her as an unexplainable villain who is terrifying because of her unpredictability and her rep for not giving a damn for babies.

Also, Corey Burton replaced most of the actors who originally played some of the characters in my favorite movies. Sure, some of them are dead, but the way Disney just automatically resorts to putting Corey Burton in as the replacement is somewhat repetitive and annoying. They just can't find new and different people these days...

I'm also not that big into Jesse McCartney or Roxas either. Lately, the Kingdom Hearts games are giving more love to some newbie and girly voice actor than the first hero of the franchise. Probably because there are more fangirls than fanboys.

This opinion's probably the biggest issue yet...I do not care for light and darkness being the center of attention either. I mean, the villains keep thinking darkness is some power that equals God (if anyone still knows about or believes in him), while most of the Disney characters and people like Aqua are consumed with the idea that light is the only way to being accepted in the world. Honestly, I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts get realistic and show how corrupting light can be, and how darkness isn't just used for evil, but to protect others as well.

Finally, lipsinc, censorship, and the absence of religion. What's up with that?!

And those are my unpopular opinions.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Birth by sleep Is my least favorite game in the series.

Days and re:coded are legitimately my third and fourth favorite games in the series.

And I'd like to see Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts,

AND STOP DEMANDING MARVEL AND STAR WARS LEVELS!!!
No.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This opinion's probably the biggest issue yet...I do not care for light and darkness being the center of attention either. I mean, the villains keep thinking darkness is some power that equals God (if anyone still knows about or believes in him), while most of the Disney characters and people like Aqua are consumed with the idea that light is the only way to being accepted in the world. Honestly, I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts get realistic and show how corrupting light can be, and how darkness isn't just used for evil, but to protect others as well.

^ This.
I like Aqua, but I find her obsession with light like it's the best thing ever almost as annoying as Master Eraqus's. Almost every character know that darkness is not necessarily a bad thing and still everyone's like "awwww we walk the light because darkness is EEEEVIL" and I really don't like that. That would mean every character except for the princesses and Ventus would be total bad guys. o0

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Here are my two:
1. I have no gripes with the series. I like it. I like convoluted nature of it. I love twisted stories. As an example, Digimon became so much more interesting to me when I learned that Ryo was originally in the Adventure time line, got mad at the Chosen Children, and took the offer to go to the Tamers universe. Just an example of how I love making sense of twisted stories. Keeps me thinking and keeps me from guessing what can happen next. Cause it could be anything!

2. I want to see Marvel and possibly Star Wars in the series. In a franchise built on weird combinations, how could you not think it could be pulled off? People saying, "It doesn't fit in KH" doesn't make sense considering Disney didn't really fit in Final Fantasy. Thats like saying "I enjoy Kingdom Hearts, but hate the fact Disney is in it". Just seems too contradicting to be ok with Disney in FF but not Marvel or SW in KH.

3. (i lied when i said 2) Days was great. Yes it was filler and repedative, but given what the game was about, did it really have a choice? I think the repetition added to the story. It made us understand how Roxas felt and (in my opinion) added an immense amount of depth to him as a character.

4. (yea, sorry I'm not good at counting.. its the weekend). re:Coded.... I couldn't finish it. I got to Olympus Colosseum and just stopped.... After playing BBS with the Command deck system then playing that... I like the command deck, but the whole circuit board thing.... wasn't cutting it for me.

Anagram

Banned
"It doesn't fit in KH" doesn't make sense considering Disney didn't really fit in Final Fantasy.
When they say don't fit they don't mean it can't mix but are referring to the large backstory and mythos. When FF is put into KH the character being put in has a slight redesign and their entire FF background thrown out. They aren't the FF character anymore but a alternate KH version.

You could definitely put marvel or Star Wars in but to fit it in like FF which many try to argue you'd have to give it the same treatment as FF.
There are creative ways to add each though. Just gotta add complicated realm logic or throw out backgrounds making them KH versions of the franchise characters.

There's already two threads plenty deep in that explanation though. At the risk of not turning this into another star wars thread here's the latest debate on it: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...ntroducing-star-wars-into-kingdom-hearts.html

Last edited:

BlazeHeatnix

People need to shut up and stop acting like they know better than the paid professionals in charge of this series. IF Marvel or Star Wars were added, it would be in a way that works. They can figure it out. If they don't, then it'll be because it truly wouldn't work, or alternatively Disney wouldn't allow them to use them. Disney has tight control over Star Wars, as a matter of fact. They've stated that anything having to do with Star Wars, released by Disney, would be added to the canon. This means Kingdom Hearts would somehow have to be an exception.

Now tell me running around actual New York City with mass murdering Wolverine and Donald Duck possibly fighting actual murderous psychopaths doesn't sound out of place.

If your only experience with Marvel is the movies, I feel sorry for you. You know they have cartoony, lighthearted adaptations of that stuff right? And Marvel is so much bigger than what you think it is. They could EASILY make it take place somewhere that's not generic city streets. What about Asgard? That would be perfect. If they can adapt The Incredibles, they sure as shit can adapt anything Marvel related. Also, what do you think Barbossa was?

Star Wars could work with a Clone Wars-esque art style but it would need an original story that has nothing to do with the actual Star Wars plot and villains because politics and KH don't mix. At which point again, why bother?

What makes you think it would have to involve politics AT ALL? You think the average SW fan cares about the politics? No, they care about the characters and the epic battles. SW had literally NOTHING to do with politics before the prequels came along. All you need to do is plop Sora smack dab in the middle of the Death Star reenacting either ANH or RotJ. There, you have your world. Don't be dense and tell me it wouldn't work.

No, I know the REAL reason you don't want Marvel or Star Wars in KH. All of you. It's because you don't like acknowledging the fact that those two things are owned by Disney now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
People need to shut up and stop acting like they know better than the paid professionals in charge of this series. IF Marvel or Star Wars were added, it would be in a way that works. They can figure it out. If they don't, then it'll be because it truly wouldn't work, or alternatively Disney wouldn't allow them to use them. Disney has tight control over Star Wars, as a matter of fact. They've stated that anything having to do with Star Wars, released by Disney, would be added to the canon. This means Kingdom Hearts would somehow have to be an exception.

If your only experience with Marvel is the movies, I feel sorry for you. You know they have cartoony, lighthearted adaptations of that stuff right? And Marvel is so much bigger than what you think it is. They could EASILY make it take place somewhere that's not generic city streets. What about Asgard? That would be perfect. If they can adapt The Incredibles, they sure as shit can adapt anything Marvel related. Also, what do you think Barbossa was?

What makes you think it would have to involve politics AT ALL? You think the average SW fan cares about the politics? No, they care about the characters and the epic battles. SW had literally NOTHING to do with politics before the prequels came along. All you need to do is plop Sora smack dab in the middle of the Death Star reenacting either ANH or RotJ. There, you have your world. Don't be dense and tell me it wouldn't work.

No, I know the REAL reason you don't want Marvel or Star Wars in KH. All of you. It's because you don't like acknowledging the fact that those two things are owned by Disney now.
Omfg why are you so hostile about marvel and SW in KH get this dude a seat lmfao

Back