• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
It's kinda sad really, I feel the same way. How am I supposed to care/like her when the series doesn't? Thank goodness we got Aqua.

Another one: I don't mind director reports/interviews but I hate having to rely on them for major plot points.
KH deserves more female protagonists like her. Aqua isn't a damsel in distress, a evil blonde bimbo in a group, and just a piece of data (still like Xion tho), she's strong and mighty.

BlazeHeatnix

It says a lot about this fandom when threads talking shit about KH get more activity than the ones that praise it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wait, I thought liking Re:coded was an unpopular opinon. 'Cause I genuinely enjoyed that game!
You're right, liking Coded is the unpopular opinion (which I do).

I think it just seems that way here because a very vocal minority (mostly staff) really enjoyed the game and defend the good points of it.

Honestly, most people don't even seem to know what Coded is let alone have played it or even enjoyed it.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
It says a lot about this fandom when threads talking shit about KH get more activity than the ones that praise it.

Hmm...
I am absolutely in love with the series and enjoy it way too much to actually care for any flaws. I don't see them, of course not everything is perfect (only if I really think about it. Otherwise, it really is in my eyes anyway!), but the games are so fun to play that I really don't care about mistakes or things that could have been done better.
If I actually dislike something about this series, it is because of the fandom. The constantly complaining part of the fandom, which is more visible than the KH-is-love part of the fandom. Infinite complaining won't make the games more fun, so just live with the things you don't like and can't change and enjoy what you get. KH is not bad in any way unless you overthink everything.

*prepares Block position*

*also LOVES re:coded* *had to say it to support re:coded*

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Its therapeutic I guess.
Forgive my poor choice of words, but for my circle of friends we all have an abusive relationship with Kingdom Hearts. The first game got us hooked and invested, now we're trapped. Gaming is a luxury I know, but the amount of money I've spent on this series...I still cringe at the decision of buying a PSP for BBS. On a positive note, HD Remix were a great business decision.

Wander

Ohh boy unpopular opinion is my middle name, here we go!

BBS had a stupid plot, nothing you did in the game felt like it mattered (I know prequel blabla still dumb). MX is as cliche as they come and unengaging. Eraqus is dumb. Terra is dumb beyond belief. Aqua is massively overrated and I don't understand why other than "omg girl mage yay". Vanitas could have been an interesting villain (loved Vanitas in the novel) but was poorly handled in the game. Same with Ventus, though I'm kinda okay with Ventus because of his dynamic with Vanitas and Mickey despite being an otherwise uninteresting character (adorable at times tho, like a puppy), all in all just a better Sora which isn't really saying much. BBS is still a good game though, the gameplay was the best in the series, I just didn't care for the story at all.

I play KH mostly for the fun gameplay. I think the story got too ridiculous after II (release order, not chronological), I don't care as much anymore.

DDD's secret ending legitimately has me concerned.

Roxas is the best character in the series because you get to see so many sides of him and he reacts to the world around him the way you'd expect a normal teenager would. His "tragedy" and friendship doesn't feel forced like TAV. I'm a hypocrite but dual wielding was pretty sick.

I felt kind of cheated that Days was advertised as a Roxas + Organization story and we got Xion + some other people instead. Also didn't like Xion.

The series' "death doesn't exist" policy takes away consequence and a lot of scenes lose all of their weight because of it.

Really dislike Sora slowly acquiring everyone else's thing (dual wielding, darkness, and soon Keyblade transformation), takes individuality from other characters. Actually, don't like Sora much in general, don't see the charm in complete incompetence.

CoM had the best story, the gameplay I also found fun in the original and remake. Marluxia and Namine are great characters.

Oh and Kairi is awful, wish they'd stop shoving her down our throats.

tldr kind of glad Nomura isn't handling FFXV anymore lol

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
KH1 was really overrated
Star Wars cannot be added to the series sans a secret boss or weapon
Keyblades used to be the shit, man. Like Thor's hammer. In kh1, riku lost the keyblade because he was a dick and gave in to darkness yet look at xehanort, in fact, it should all be chalked up to more fake keyblades and only sora's is real.
Marvel should be integrated, appropriately, like ff characters
Apprentice xehanort was the only interesting nort
The whole memory thing is stupid. Why the fuck did everyone forget the name of their home world?
So is the meddling in the affairs of other worlds thing. It feels forced.
Roxas is the best character, he should have more story. Days was one of my favorite titles but it felt forced.
Alternatively, I hate ven. JM did what he could, and TAV were lacking character as a whole, but ven was just a young roxas clone who badly copied soda's personality and just seems annoying.
Honestly, while I'm at it, bbs was poorly written and the motivations of everyone were forced. Terra's heart was master material but barely fought xehanort? He would have made an interesting villain if they cut out old man xehanort entirely and just had AX go grey due to memory loss or something.
Aqua too. It seemed like she had no place there at all. I really couldn't say why. And every character introduced in BBS minus the Disney characters were typical prequel fodder, all disappearing for plot convenience
Get rid of gummi ship missions because they all suck. Add a new mechanic. The drop system worked for DDD, create a new method to visit worlds that works for a console title and isn't so shitty.

More to come probably

Anagram

Banned
Definitely gummi ship mission. Hated K2s. So much so Id even go as far as to say I preferred Kh1s. At least in KH1 I could strap on a huge engine and blaze through the course.

Infinite complaining won't make the games more fun, so just live with the things you don't like and can't change and enjoy what you get. KH is not bad in any way unless you overthink everything.
If it was possible to live with the issues people wouldn't complain. If we enjoyed what we could we wouldn't complain and it's perfectly within right to point out the flaw of something rather than blindly following it.
What most cry as complaining is mostly a person pointing out a blatant issue or a personal one.

Besides the fact that so many of us complainers are still here proves we tolerate it but simply are willing to voice our issues or issues in general.
Fans typically have four groups:
The blindly loyal. Nomura could murder Sora and these fans would still play.
The critics. Still follow it but see the issues.
The jaded. Those that hate the turn out yet keep going because they've been here this long and figure they minds see it through to KH3 now that kh3 trailers are in sight. What they do after will vary.
Haters. This groups has largely quit and not returned.

Last edited:

Alpha Sonix

Definitely gummi ship mission. Hated K2s. So much so Id even go as far as to say I preferred Kh1s. At least in KH1 I could strap on a huge engine and blaze through the course.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they preferred KH1's gummi ship sections over KH2's... this, I like. As for me, it's pretty much BBS. Other than the gameplay, I can't really think of anything that appealed to me. The worlds were empty and dull, the writing is bad (hilariously so at times), the pacing felt completely weird and sometimes forced and I facepalm every single time I play Terra's story...

Also in DDD, I'm not even sure whether this counts as unpopular or not but every bossfight was awful. I can't explain it well but there was something about the bosses in that game, and even the some of the enemies, that didn't feel right. I think it's because it never felt like the enemies were actually staggering from damage, they would just take it and eventually break out of your combo.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Marluxia and Larxene are 2 of the better villains in the series due to how relatively simple they are. They are both just evil pricks who want power and find joy in people's misery. No ulterior motives or deeper meaning to their struggle, it's just they are jerks and I can appreciate that.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Meh. It kind of is. It still has the best plot out of all the games.

That's the part that I think is extremely over rated. D;

It's fun as a game, but the plot and characters are contrived like woah.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
This one is unpopular in a certain website that I no longer visit.

Its not about series(but its kinda the series fault) but the fandom. Its so easy to spread false information. There is still people that believe that Ventus is the reason why Sora can wield the Keyblade or that Ventus and Roxas are the same person.
Its so easy to misinterpret scenes and quotes, which explains why many consider this series to be complicated. This ties in with my gripe on interviews.

Last edited:

Rage-Roxas

Awards
KH1 Gummi Ship missions are much funnier than KH2. In KH2 they are really messy and unclear? I don't know why.

Kingdom Hearts is kinda "childish", I mean not in a bad way, they are games that everyone can play, child-friendly. I don't really like how Kingdom Hearts is becoming more "mature" (what is the right word to descibe?).

Kairi is annyoing. (or is that even an unpopular opinion?) She's just a damsel in distress. I hope she'll be more developed in Kingdom Hearts 3. But please, please don't make her some kind of "Aqua 2", but that she can even fight and is not always getting kidnapped or something like that. And show us what kind of powers Princess of Hearts have.

I really don't like the idea of canon ships of the main characters. Maybe they're cute blah blah, but I like how Kingdom Hearts is more friendship-focused, even I shipped something.

Riku looks better with short hair.

I hated TWEWY-characters in KH3D.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
This one is unpopular in a certain website that I no longer visit.

Its not about series(but its kinda the series fault) but the fandom. Its so easy to spread false information. There is still people that believe that Ventus is the reason why Sora can wield the Keyblade or that Ventus and Roxas are the same person.
Its so easy to misinterpret scenes and quotes, which explains why many consider this series to be complicated. This ties in with my gripe on interviews.

The wikia doesn't help either. It's more than once been greatly misinformed and full of personal interruption on topics you can find in the games journal menus or by googling interviews.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's the part that I think is extremely over rated. D;

It's fun as a game, but the plot and characters are contrived like woah.

I like more of its structure and significance rather then its characters. But I do like all the characters, their motivations, and see what developments they're going through and their flawed personalities that, while come from a place of love, ultimately drive them more to their tragic destiny. But, sadly, the characters needed more... character then what we were given. If it did, BBS would have been much stronger story. Vanitas is probably the biggest wasted opportunity in that game though, as he doesn't really have that much motivation to be the way he is other then because he works for Xehanort, he's pure darkness so you expect him to have that personality, and he has no other meaning in life anyways, which is barely addressed in the game at all.

But you're judging the plot as well, so I guess it just comes down to personal opinion really. The game as a whole bit overrated though amongst fans as as "the best thing ever" but I think its only because its the first KH game that came out that everyone was on board with (I like 358/2 more then most lol). Doesn't mean its a bad game or a bad story. It just could've been done better.

To me, BBS has the best plot and really good, different characters but not the best character development for them; 358/2 has the best character development but its plot is slow as hell; the first KH is just a simple story that is kind of ripping off other stories like it, with a few instances of originality here and there but you already know where its going until the last few minutes. The only shocking thing about KH to me was Sora stabbing himself in the chest and fading away (I just didn't expect that in a Disney game lol); I love the plot for KH2 more then KH1 but the original characters needed to be more involved in the overall adventure rather then just the beginning, the middle, and the end moments. I mean, they still are relevant, its just that they're barely addressed and we don't see them until those moments happen; Chain of Memories, even though I like the plot and its characters, the story is more confusing then engaging half the time(I guess its kind of the point though) and the dialogue is the worst I've heard in a KH game; Re:coded really could just boiled down to a secret cut scene at the end of some other game or you could've just made it a shorter story really. Strangely, it has really good character development between all the characters but its kind of wasted because its all in a computer and these are a Data Sora and Data Riku that the Disney characters are interacting with, so none of really matters in the end except for the stuff that happens at the end with Data Roxas and Data Namine; DDD has the second best character development (both Sora and Riku) in the games but it over complicates a plot that was already complicated to begin with.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Alright lemme write down a long list.

I honestly thought Namine was a poorly introduced character in Chain of Memories, she became better, but she's still not my favorite.
Am I the only one who hates Axel's weapons?
I think Mickey needs to be a party member instead of playable.
The Orginazation coats are overrated, nearly every important character in the series wears it, even Mickey!
TAV's friendship is overrated and forced.
I prefer Terra over Ventus.
Even though I hate Larxene, I must say that she has interesting weapons. I don't know, sometimes I like those simple knives, sometimes I hate them. But little knives could be better.
I also hate Xigbar's weapon (Not sure if this opinion is unpopular because he pissed off so many people in KH2 and his somebody in BBS.)
I hate Xehanort.....s
I agree that BBS has a dumb plot, but I liked the gameplay and Aqua.

Heres a big one...

I honestly thought that the KH story after KH2 is stupid, confusing, and mindscrewing. I couldn't nearly stand another minute of KH3D's awful story, but the gameplay and opening makes up for it. Days was fine but can it stop being freakin' slow? ReCoded's story was personally good at the first part but the Castle Oblivion part sucked. Go above to see my opinion on BBS. I really thought KH1's story is brilliant, simple, and heartwarming. KH2's story felt the same as KH1. The Kingdom Hearts story is getting slowly worse, but I still love it and it's characters, and I have great hope for KH3.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I liked being able to fly in Neverland and I hope they can bring that back somewhat.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
KH1's Atlantica is my second favorite Disney world of the series after The Grid. I thought it's story, level design and boss battles were great.

Back