• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- I love KH1 Atlantica and 3D.
- I hate the command deck.
- I enjoy the battle system in CoM.
- I'm not a fan of Xehanort or his plotline in any of his iterations, although I like the voice actors (except Xemnas' and the Zane replacement).
- I don't care for BbS as much as other people, apparently.
- KH1 is still the best of the series, imo, despite its own flaws.
- I don't hate Xion the way others do, even if she was an unnecessary introduction. I found Days' setup boring as hell, but the characters/story didn't bother me.
- I can't wait for Frozen to be in Kingdom Hearts (which seems to be an unpopular opinion).
- I don't really mind Sora in the later games, even if he has got more stupid. Still enjoy Haley Joel Osment, too.
- Playing with Sora, Donald, and Goofy is still my preference over characters like Kairi, Axel, Roxas, etc.
- I didn't care for the Organization, overall. CoM's setup for them was good, KH2 was a disaster, and then 3D made me like the "point" of the Organization a little bit more in retrospect. Still not a fan though.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Not sure if it was an unpopular opinion though.

Depends on the site.

Edit. Just remembered a unpopular opinion I forgot. Command decks. I dont like them. I'm bored of them. It was cool in BBS but playing KH1 (1.5) & KH2 (2.5) reminded me of how much I prefer the old system. It's funner for me.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
1. I agree. Coded's story actually is quite deep and thought provoking and very good overall. What makes it "bad" is that it's told very poorly in the actual game. The Recoded movie in 2.5 made the story MUCH better, imo. Helped explain everything better, made it more story relevant, and simultaneously tied it to Chi and KH3. GG, Square Enix.

2. I agree as well. I feel that without it, this epic 7 vs 13 climactic battle wouldn't be possible. It would but it'd require the introduction of many new villain characters to fill up the 13 spots. Much better to have familiar, nostalgic faces to battle. Also, Nomura was smart and put serious restrictions on the time travel so that it didn't turn into a cluster diddley of plot holes. Makes everything that is about to transpire possible without affecting the current story's past events. I dig it.

3. ME TOO! This is one of the biggest reasons KH is my all time favorite game series. The plot is like giant jigsaw puzzle and the satisfaction of getting it all sorted out is amazing. You're like "What?" and then you research and line everything up, stand back and look at the completed picture and it's like "This is BRILLIANT!" The intricacy of the story is awesome and I love it.

radiantmemories

1. I loved Xion. And she definitely isn't a Mary Sue. Her struggles and the way she is willing to give up her existence without bitterness for Sora's benefit made her a better fleshed out character than a lot of the ones in the series. And she isn't perfect: for example she gets upset at Roxas's innocent comment because of everything she is struggling with and takes her frustration out on him. But overall she is clearheaded and calm (definitely unlike Roxas, bless him) and keeps pressing on despite her uncertainty. She always tries to do the right thing, no matter the personal cost. And she isn't afraid to fight for what she believes in. (And as a side note, I like how they made her different from Kairi and Namine. It would have been too easy to give them similar personalities, but they didn't do that.)

2. I like Re:Coded and think that more than the scene with Namine is relevant to the rest of the series. Re:Coded has a lot of filler to be sure, but it was originally a mobile phone game, and it's mostly the Disney worlds that are filler, which also happens in the main games to a certain extent. KH 2 is a particular bad offender. There were quite a few things that were relevant to the game: it confirms things that were hinted at earlier in the series and hints at future developments (for example Data Sora recieving a real keyblade which proves that Data can have hearts), Riku's memories which show how he got off the island and involved with Ansem, where Pluto went and how he got offworld, showed why the data worlds are important. Does it have any huge plot twists? No. But it connects and clarifies things and fixes plot holes, so everthing in the game isn't as irrelevant as anyone says, even without considering the Namine scene. (I won't mention how important that scene is to the rest of the series because it is more widely recognized as important and its relevance has been explained in detail several times before.) And who can resist Riku and Sora friendship scenes? The game had a lot of really adorable ones. The gameplay was fun and interesting. It was neat experiencing different styles of gameplay from the usual ones. And the command melding and the battles required a lot of strategy. Overall, game was more focused on character relationships and gameplay than story for once, but it still is fun and relevant to the series.

3. (I'm not sure if this is unpopular opinion or not, but putting it her in case it is.) Sora acts really dumb in KH 2. He rushes into everything and never takes any time to think. He didn't have any character growth at all from before. I wish he had stopped to think a couple times, or at least hesitated a bit, even if he ended up doing the same thing in the end. When Goofy is wiser and more cautious than you, you know that there is a problem.

4. My favorite friendship group is Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Yeah, surprised me too.

5. I liked Days.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As odd as this might sound, I'm not particularly fond of "Unforgettable." It seems really lacking compared to "The Tumbling" and the fact that the former is played far more than the latter doesn't particularly help matters.

Also, as odd as this might sound, I have reached the point where I am now downright sick of hearing "Rowdy Rumble." It was a decent track in Kingdom Hearts II, but ever since then, its been practically everywhere. It wasn't until I started playing through the ReMIX collections over the past couple of years that I began to notice it, but it has been severely overused by this point. The track isn't bad, but I'm at the point where I want to hear something new as well as hear once again some tracks that have been badly underused ("The Deep End," anyone).

This. He is my least favorite actually.

We need a game of Roxas dual wielding the entire time.

^THIS! I wanted this so badly since I first saw "Another Side, Another Story" back in 2003!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Reading this thread, I'm not even sure what is and what is not an unpopular opinion.

You and me, buddy. I have no clue what's popular and what isn't anymore, since the whole fandom seems divided over almost everything.

- I really enjoyed Days. My only real gripe are those ridiculously tedious bosses, like the Leechgrave, Ruler of the Sky, or Infernal Engine. Ugh. Otherwise, I feel like the slow pace that everyone despises so much was a good way to kind of set the feeling of what day-to-day life was like; even in a video game, it's not always going to be super exciting.

- I also really enjoyed Re:Coded. This could be a massive bias from me because this was my first experience with the franchise at all, but the gameplay's just as good as all the others. The story may be a ton of fluff overall, but there were some genuine moments between Data Sora and Riku that you just don't get anywhere else. Also, all of Castle Oblivion, even if it made more sense after playing some of the others.

- KHI is not the best. That is all.

- There are no bad KH games. I may favor a few over some others, but I don't think any of them are responsible for ruining the universe or whatever.

- I don't hate Demyx. I can kind of relate to his laziness, since I'm not a very hard worker myself.

- I like Roxas more than Sora. (Is this unpopular? I can't really tell.)

- Forget the X-Blade or the prophecies- if there 's a Frozen world in KHIII, the world will get swamped in darkness. Or just lots of Unversed. Because there will be so many goddamn haters tearing everything apart and spewing negativity. We do not need that!

- Between each individual game, COM had the best story overall. The bad guys' motives were fairly simple, the bad guys themselves were mysterious enough to be interesting, and the story, instead of being tangled up in the overarching tale of Xehanort, was able to be a little more personal with its heroes. Both Sora and Riku got plenty of character development, even if the former got a hard reset and lost it all. Also, Repliku. Now that's one interesting character.

- I like re-orchestrated tracks in 2.5... and I prefer some of them over their older versions. I know for sure that's an unpopular opinion.

- I'm pretty sure Nomura's making up the story as he goes along, and I don't care. It keeps things... unpredictable. Fun. My friends and I used to make up some pretty epic stories of our own, and the best way to keep things on their toes was to improvise a huge plotline.

- Speaking of which, this kudzu mess we have as a plot is one of my favorite things about this franchise. The confusing stuff was what got me really interested in the first place; Days and Re:Coded both relied heavily on the rest of the games for their own narratives and did little other than give off-handed references to past and future events. This left me bewildered but truly curious, and that prompted me to find everything else. The story's like an epic puzzle... putting it together is not easy, but linking things together is rewarding, and solving a good portion of it is a ton of fun. Also, trying to make sense of it all is a good time waster if you're ever bored.

- People need to stop bashing Kairi. First they hate her for being useless (though I admit it's justified). Then they hate her for getting a Keyblade? And possibly getting good at using it? Okay...

- We don't need a Marvel, Star Wars or Final Fantasy-based world. All of them are so big on their own, cramming them down to a KH-sized world would invariably do them injustice.

Larxene012

Banned
My unpopular opinions:

I believe using Pixar films is just as bad as using Marvel and Star Wars. It's practically it's own entity and doesn't feel like the traditional classic Disney films.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is literally the most different KH game we had ever had. No other game that has been released ever amounts to the meaning and writing and overall surprises. Hallow Bastion and End of the World were beautiful. There were more puzzles, and the lighting was perfect. KH2 tried to emulate Kh1's World of Chaos battle but it wasn't as fun. It all felt disjointed.

Honestly KH series has the WORST writing ever....and I am dead serious about it. Since kh2, the series relied on archetypes and just throwing Disney stories in. Not even KH3D made world's relevant again. Birth by sleep was a step in the right direction but not enough.
And some of the things it introduces are just stupid. And trust me, it doesn't bother me that there are this many games. But the problem is that Tetsuya Nomura forces each game to be relevant or a step further for a future plot rather than isolated games that just help paint the bigger picture yet don't need them at all for the plot to continue (kh 358/2 days, kh coded, kh3D)
I hate Kairi not for being useless but for not being original. Whatever she was introduced with, the series decided to backtrack far enough to say she can wield a keyblade.

Anagram

Banned
Riku should've died at the end of KH1. Ansem had his body, the body goes poof, I expect death there Disney.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Dream Drop Distances plot is really good, and the best in the series since probably 358/2 Days. Hell, it's better than that.

Birth by Sleep is overall atrocious plot wise. The ending is actually pretty satisfying, but until then we have to suffer Ventus' whiny bitching about wanting to hang out with Terra, Terra being a complete dunce and following the darkness every sing time, abysmal voice acting from Terra, mediocre voice acting from Aqua, and terrible plot points and scenes that overall make their friendship fall false until the end of the game. But the ending is seriously good, don't get me wrong.

Re:Coded is enjoyably simple. Used to hate it, but it has grown on me. Data Sora FTW. Data Roxas is the bomb.

KHII has an atrocious story. Not even sure if this is an uncommon opinion any more. Ending was good, though.

Lea getting a keyblade is awesome, ignoring the haters.

Zack x Aqua all the way

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Kairi should've been the one to save Sora in KH3D, not Lea.

Dream Drop Distances plot is really good, and the best in the series since probably 358/2 Days. Hell, it's better than that.
Not a difficult accomplishment since everything is better than Days. <-actual unpopular opinion, but true.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Kairi should've been the one to save Sora in KH3D, not Lea.

Not a difficult accomplishment since everything is better than Days. <-actual unpopular opinion, but true.

At least Days did better at conveying a trio friendship that Birth by Sleep did *hissing at game file on 2.5 remix*

Ooh ooh ooh, more unpopular opinions!

1. Kairi's keyblade is cool, and definitely not too sexist.
2. Lea's keyblade design is cool.
3. Time travel is not that bad of a plot line.
4. Xemnas is probably the least interesting Seeker of Darkness so far.
5. Xion's death wasn't that dramatic (but this might be because of Roxas' lines right after)
6. Port Royal is probably the ugliest world in KHII. Nothing looked right at all.
7. Kairi is a pretty decent character 'ducks from flying tomatoes'
8. Xion's theme is lame 'ducks from flying pianos'

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
At least Days did better at conveying a trio friendship that Birth by Sleep did *hissing at game file on 2.5 remix*
I don't think it did, lol.
Days, for me, dropped the ball even more, because they had this daily structure thing which meant they could've shown how friendships develop slowly and shit but instead they make it so everyone is best friends like the second day they interact. like c'mon.

1. Kairi's keyblade is cool, and definitely not too sexist.
just the right amount of sexist?

8. Xion's theme is lame 'ducks from flying pianos'
Xion's Theme isn't terrible, but lord, I do not understand the love for Vector to the Heavens. It sounds like five different songs being played at the same time. I can't stand it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Xion's Theme isn't terrible, but lord, I do not understand the love for Vector to the Heavens. It sounds like five different songs being played at the same time. I can't stand it.

Agreed! I'm a musician, and I can accept that people like it and all, but to me I just don't find it enjoying in the slightest. Maybe it's cooler when you're playing the game, but to me it just sounds like a mash of multiple tunes slammed together for an emotional scene. I personally am a huge fan of the Keyblade Graveyard music, it's so much more effective how the same tune plays for the entirety of your time traversing it, even when battling the unversed. It just makes it feel that much more eerie, something I didn't get a feel for since the End of the World.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xehanort is boring.
I don't think the Keyblade War itself is an interesting concept, nor do I think it needs to be playable or ever shown on screen.
Atlantica was fine.
It's fine that Ariel wasn't a Princess of Heart.
The drive forms are meh.
Sora doesn't need armor.
I don't want tv shows in the series, this includes Gargoyles.
Lea getting a Keyblade is fine, Kairi too.
The recompletion plotline is fine and gives more urgency to the concept of Xemnas's Kingdom Hearts.
It's fine if we get no more information on the nature of Namine's creation and existence, some things are just mysteries.
AQUA HAS A GOOD VOICE ACTOR.
David Gallagher's getting a bit wooden in his portrayal of Riku.
3D was the first plot that disappointed me. Not counting Days, as I try not to think of that as an actual installment but an honest-to-god spinoff.

Back