• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
I really wish that we had Kingdom Hearts multiplayer game that vaguely similar to Days except they improve on how the characters function in that game. I also want to use the moves that the bosses often use when we fighting them in the games.

ryder16

union cross, days and KH3 are good games. so I like KH3 because of the gameplay it feels chaotic which I like.i got my old ds copy of days and replayed it and must around with the mechanics. and finally union cross, metals they are fun to use. (I'm a free to play player so not a single dollar when in.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III has some glaring issues with story and gameplay, but with that being said...

Kingdom Hearts III is not as dramatically disappointing as many people are making it out to be. Some people felt too entitled of what to expect from the game and feel attacked when their personal fanfics were not catered for.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
DDD

1. The cartoony sound effects could have been toned down,
  2. Fantasia and Musketeers shouldn’t have been worlds.
  3. Frollo and Wargargoyle should have been fought together in Riku’s story. HEAR ME OUT! The main target is still Wargargoyle but Frollo is a assistant attacker who has one half bar and can be revived by the Wargargoyle during the fight like how Ursula did with Floatsam and Jetsam.

KH3
  1. Randall should have been a boss. Same with Buzz.
  2. Marluixa and Gothel working together should have been expanded on.
I absolutely agree with you on your unpopular opinions in DDD and KH3 respectively.

For DDD, I'm disappointed we didn't fight the big bad himself: CLU. Sure Rinzler was a fun fight and glad he's a boss, it just baffles me that CLU wasn't even fought as a boss as he was the instigator for turning Tron into Rinzler and massacring the ISO's I don't know who made the decision on not making CLU a boss but I blame it on the development staff and Nomura. It's a good thing that Nomura and his staff didn't pull a "CLU" on Davy Jones.

I really wanted Randall to be boss but given how Pixar had restrictions/guidelines for their worlds especially their protectiveness with their characters they prevented us from fighting Randall. But when compared to CLU, I can understand why we didn't fight him.

Lastly you were right on Marluxia and the Mother Gothel team up felt lacking in the world. On top of that despite Gothel and Rapunzel seeing/interacted with Marluxia ONCE none of them ever bring up Marluxia's name nor mention his name again for the remainder of the world after their encounter with him, it's like their encounter with him never even happened. At least with Olympus, The Caribbean, Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo mainly the latter three worlds the inhabitants of the world (not just the ones that Join Sora's party) do acknowledged the member of Organization XIII and see them as a threat instead of just brushing it off and never bringing up the individual's name again like it was nothing, especially during Monstropolis when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas to collect negative emotions for the Unversed and Vanitas and when Mike Wazowski got furious at Vanitas for being the one responsible for bringing back Randall and having the Unversed causing chaos in Monster's Inc.

Also other unpopular Opinions in KH3:
  1. Pete and Maleficent searching for the Black Box and Book of Prophecies in San Fransokyo felt "forced" Why search them in a modern city as San Fransokyo if the items are the same age as the Keyblade War. They should've been either at Arendelle or The Caribbean instead of San Fransokyo.
  2. Dark Riku should've been the Darkness for Wreck-It Ralph given that it fits with the Data/coding theme than Big Hero 6.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I really dislike Axel, I don't know what it is but his character is just so annoying to me.
Dunno if this is considered an unpopular opinion, but I REALLY hated all the misplaced meme-content and comedy in KH3. Disney characters SHOULD NOT literally pick up and throw the villains. Neither should their bad breath make them fall into the ocean or whatever. And I do NOT want any character ever again to break the 4th wall (thanks, Lea.)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I really dislike Axel, I don't know what it is but his character is just so annoying to me.
Dunno if this is considered an unpopular opinion, but I REALLY hated all the misplaced meme-content and comedy in KH3. Disney characters SHOULD NOT literally pick up and throw the villains. Neither should their bad breath make them fall into the ocean or whatever. And I do NOT want any character ever again to break the 4th wall (thanks, Lea.)

Yea I thought what happened in Monster Inc. made Vanitas look like an absolute geek. The series has a hard enough time convincing me these villains can actually stop Sora and then you have one of the more high tier bad guys get manhandled by Sully.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yea I thought what happened in Monster Inc. made Vanitas look like an absolute geek. The series has a hard enough time convincing me these villains can actually stop Sora and then you have one of the more high tier bad guys get manhandled by Sully.

I can't believe I'm wholeheartedly agreeing with you on something, but here we are

NoWay

Awards
I want Aqua to struggle with her inner darkness in further KH games. I actually need her to use the darkness as her own power and need her to be one of the good guys who actively uses the darkness like Riku.

I mean it would make perfect sense that Aqua obtained some kind of dark powers as Anti Aqua.
I reeeeeaaally want her to be able to control her powers as Anti Aqua. I mean imagine this situation: the gang is fighting against a strong enemy and everyone is knocked down. Aqua is the last one to fight and also loses. Then she kinda “activates” her Anti Aqua Mode without being able to control it but obliterates the strong enemy. Then her next arc would be to accept these new powers as a part of her and also to control “Anti Aqua Mode”.

I know it’s damn unrealistic and fanfic but one can dream.😔

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Maybe not for the series as a whole, but an unpopular opinion for in my house (to the point I can’t say it or I’ll get yelled at).

1. Chain of Memories isn’t a good game. I hate the gameplay and Sora’s story in particular.

2. Namine isn’t that great, she’s a manipulative bitch and I would have been happy if she was cut from KH3 completely. She didn’t play any part in it! Seriously, what she “did” do could have been given to someone else. (I’m definitely not allowed to say this).

3. KH3 wasn’t worth the wait, the story was unfinished and it was too Sora centric. A lot of the worlds I found boring, I still have yet to finish my first play through. I did watch my sister play and there was only three worlds that even had me remotely interested.

4. KH2 is boring, I don’t see why some people like it so much. The only game I dislike more is KH3.

5. The Disney worlds aren’t integrated that great, partially because of them just rehashing the movie plot and partially because they cut out key plot points so the worlds don’t take too long (example: in Corona they don’t example Rapunzel’s healing powers or why Flynn got off the boat after getting the crown so if you haven’t seen the movie you’re left feeling confused). I mentioned that and got ridiculed for it. I’m fine with things being cut but the key plot points should be left in the game to avoid confusion.

6. I don’t feel Sora’s a great character and that the story needed to be so Sora centric.

7. I didn’t like how many characters had a keyblade at the end of the series if only because it took away the characters uniqueness by not having one (Axel and his chakrams for one).

8. Axel/Lea irritated me with the constant “Got it memorized?” thing.

9. They could have not done a Star Wars plot in BBS. Although I did love Star Trek defeating Star Wars (Xehanort “killing” Eraqus). Although that could be if I had to watch one of them I’d rather watch Star Trek because of Spock.

10. Coded was pretty cool if I remember correctly (it’s been a few years).

11. I think it’s BS that there wasn’t any FF characters in KH3.

12. I could do without secret bosses.

13. There is NOTHING wrong with playing the games on standard/beginner mode. You don’t have to play the games on just proud/critical mode. Anyone who says that the only way to play a game is on the most difficult settings can go shove their opinion up their ass! *there’s someone I live with who ridiculed me and my sister for doing a beginner mode run before kh3 because we were doing a brush up on story and we wanted to get through it fast because there was only one month left*.

14. Kairi didn’t deserve the treatment she got.

15. Have I mentioned that beyond the KH2 prologue Namine was useless? And even then she’s a manipulative bitch? I have, okay just wanted to reinforce it.

16. I don’t think the dlc for kh3 should have secret bosses, and that it shouldn’t be Sora centric.

17. I don’t really like the reveal of who Xigbar is.

18. The first ending you get in KH3 I’m not sure how to feel about. I like the idea of getting more screen time with them but at the same time the idea just seems stupid.

19. While cheesy cute, I’m not sure about the keyblade inheritance ceremony.

20. I loved it when Aqua ripped Mickey a new one. The mouse had it coming.

21. While the Hearts hadn’t left their bodies Terranort killed Ven and Lea late in the game, you can’t convince me otherwise. Those were kill shots.

22. I’m calling BS on what Xemnas revealed about certain people because it strips them of their uniqueness.

23. The time travel wasn’t too bad actually, even if it was a bit convoluted at points. Young Xehanort seemed like a punch clock villain to me because of it.

24. Thirteen Xehanorts was too much.

25. Why was there so many stinking revivals? It was stupid.

26. Union Cross isn’t that bad.

Veevee

Awards
The Re:Mind trailer is bad. The music's way too epic and promising for what is shown, the conversations are either pretty lame or another waste of time - "who are you?" - "no, who are you?" and all the color-changing effects basically serve to make something boring look less boring. This didn't get me excited at all; if anything, I'm even more tired of this constant "I am not who I pretended to be but actually it doesn't matter because my character was pretty flat anyway" bs. Luxord is NOT Luxord? Shocking! I hardly ever knew something about him anyway, despite the fact that he likes games. And plays games. And talks in game analogies. Way too deep, let's overwrite the character.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 1 is still the overall best in the franchise and it's sad that we haven't had anything close to that since 2002.
I've learned to think of everything post-CoM as an entirely different franchise. That's the way I've been able to enjoy other games in the series despite all the changes in story, character, and overall atmosphere that came about because of KH2.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I don't know if this is unpopular or not but I really wanted to see in Re:Mind playing as Lea for once. See what he could deliver in battle.

redcrown

Awards
The Re:Mind trailer is bad. The music's way too epic and promising for what is shown, the conversations are either pretty lame or another waste of time - "who are you?" - "no, who are you?" and all the color-changing effects basically serve to make something boring look less boring. This didn't get me excited at all; if anything, I'm even more tired of this constant "I am not who I pretended to be but actually it doesn't matter because my character was pretty flat anyway" bs. Luxord is NOT Luxord? Shocking! I hardly ever knew something about him anyway, despite the fact that he likes games. And plays games. And talks in game analogies. Way too deep, let's overwrite the character.

Yeah I'm not really excited about the main plot anymore or anything related to Chi-whatever, or any 2 dimensional characters being "revealed" as being a part of it either. The trailer itself is very lackluster, and the only thing I'm excited about the DLC for is more playable characters, and possibly Young Xehanort actually doing things that might be slightly interesting.

Veevee

Awards
Yeah I'm not really excited about the main plot anymore or anything related to Chi-whatever, or any 2 dimensional characters being "revealed" as being a part of it either. The trailer itself is very lackluster, and the only thing I'm excited about the DLC for is more playable characters, and possibly Young Xehanort actually doing things that might be slightly interesting.

Yeah, me too. The thing is: I'm not tired of the story of Kingdom Hearts; I'm tired of the way the story is told which is something vastly different. For me, Kingdom Hearts has gone from a story centered around close ties and friendship and bonding to something that's about twists, all the time. The Foretellers appear, seemingly die / disappear and shocking! reappear. How am I supposed to care about them when all five of them have basically one personality trait, disappear offscreen and get back without any explanation in a game that should not be related to them in any way? How am I supposed to care about Luxord ALSO being someone else when I don't even really know who Luxord is? And then people come around and tell me "well, that gives him a backstory" - no, it doesn't. If someone tells me he's from the USA and later reveals that he's actually from Great Britain, that doesn't tell me what kind of person he is or what his goals are. Whether he is from past or present does not make an actual difference. Nomura introduces more and more characters who only have basic character traits, serve as a plot device (like Strelitzia who instantly gets killed anyway) and on top of that all, the story advances every few months or so in cutscenes of 2-5 minutes length in a cashgrabby mobile game and I'm supposed to get all hyped up about the future of Kingdom Hearts.

I miss the storytelling that was more around the characters and their bonds. Riku couldn't care less about Kairi dying, same as Lea, Roxas just magically bullshits himself into the battleground through the power of friendship which mrenders Lea getting a keyblade to save him absolutely pointless and TAV's only interactions in this game are "let's talk later when Terra's back" and "Aqua, why are you holding me back from running into someone we already established as part of the enemy's crew, you so mean". Goddamn bastard Xehanort gets more emotional storytelling in the end than the trios.

I'm not here to rant. Well, actually I am. But not about the story. About the way the story is told and the trailer promises more of that kinda broken storytelling and it makes me sad. I want KH1 back.

Perkilator

Awards
The scene where Aqua restores Castle Oblivion to Land of Departure goes two ways for me. On one hand, it makes me happy because Aqua finally got to get her home and one of her friends back. On the other hand; no Castle Oblivion explore-y, no Nicky likey.

Back