• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
Every time I express an opinion in an Unpopular Opinion thread on any forum, I always discover a half dozen folk that feel the same way, thus no longer rendering it an unpopular opinion, thus destroying the purpose!

...but I wish Ansem the Wise stayed dead because he is a garbage human being and I loathe every millisecond of his screentime, which is especially awful seeing as how he's voiced by Christopher Lee and Christopher freaking Lee should be able to make him watchable but the writing is just that awful.

D

Deleted member 246005

Ansem the Wise is one of my favorite characters but I actually agree with that. Less because I hate him but it's more thematically interesting if he doesn't.

You don't always get to make amends- sorta thing.

Laurel

Awards
I thought the gameplay in DDD was really fun, flow motion was a very cool and creative combat style.

Speaking of DDD, I was never really a fan of TWEWY characters showing up, maybe it was coz I never played the game, but I just found them uninteresting.

I liked the command board in BBS, I thought it was a fun thing to do when you were done with everything else in the game.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I preferred KH1/Com/Days over KH2. And it's actually because the combat is slower paced.

The Days trio is also the best set of characters in this series and Roxas should seriously just replace Sora as main character. After 3 I'm kinda done with Sora.
Kingdom Hearts 2 should've never been numbered as a title, so that nobody would've ever asked for a "3". Hype would've been brought down and attached only to "the next KH game".

Smithee

Awards
When it comes to "balance" Aesops:

World Of Light (Smash Ultimate) >>> KH.

Neo_

Awards
I would have rather had Nemo than the Caribbean in III; live-action is so boring.

Pokie

I would have rather had Nemo than the Caribbean in III; live-action is so boring.

Not to mention the animated Disney characters and main KH characters look so strange in live action universes. And we could've had Nemo be the water world and had Treasure Planet for the pirate's theme.

Neo_

Awards
Not to mention the animated Disney characters and main KH characters look so strange in live action universes. And we could've had Nemo be the water world and had Treasure Planet for the pirate's theme.
The only benefit of Pirates is we get the best of both worlds, but I also would've loved to have immersed myself in a fully underwater world, plus early-2000s nostalgia. Ideally they would've been fish, but that would be problematic for wielding weapons, so it would be a good excuse to bring back the Atlantica transformations.

Neo_

Awards
I'll do you one better; I think KHII's Disney worlds/characters are the best​ in the series.
I respect your opinion but feel the total opposite. I enjoyed every world in KH1 (even the controversial ones like Deep Jungle and Atlantica), and think they're all legendary properties. It did a perfect job including everything, from classic to what was relatively recent at the time.

Regarding KH2, I found stuff like Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle a bit boring, and was not looking forward to revisiting some of the returning ones like Agrabah (which is why it astounds me that people want to return there for like a fifth time); NBX and Olympus were cool because they had noticeable expansions.

I guess it's personal preference, and what I'm getting at is that KH2 felt more dull and less colorful to me, but still pretty solid.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I respect your opinion but feel the total opposite. I enjoyed every world in KH1 (even the controversial ones like Deep Jungle and Atlantica), and think they're all legendary properties. It did a perfect job including everything, from classic to what was relatively recent at the time.

Regarding KH2, I found stuff like Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle a bit boring, and was not looking forward to revisiting some of the returning ones like Agrabah (which is why it astounds me that people want to return there for like a fifth time); NBX and Olympus were cool because they had noticeable expansions.

I guess it's personal preference, and what I'm getting at is that KH2 felt more dull and less colorful to me, but still pretty solid.
I think insofar as the Disney characters' personalities, animations, and interactions with SDG, KHII really knocked it out of the park.
Running back KH1, they feel stiff and lifeless, like theme park mascots approximating the real thing. KHII makes them all feel a lot more genuine, and it's more fun to watch them pal around as a result. Even the gameplay, with Limits and Summons, has a certain flair to it that really encapsulates the characters. KH1 doesn't have anything like Sora and Aladdin high-fiving at the end of Speedster, or Stitch breaking the fourth wall to climb all over the HUD, Sora shooting magic from inside a giant Genie's mouth, Jack stepping on a stuffed toy to mourn the box it came in, Tron dancing, Belle elbowing Xaldin in the gut, or Megara dropping prize orbs to help Sora in battle.
I dunno man, feels like it straight-up outclasses the first game in this regard.

With the worlds, I think KHII more accurately captures each world's individual style and atmosphere, whereas KH1 feels a bit lifeless. And I can't quite explain it in concrete terms, but KH1's worlds always felt "darker" to me, which makes them less fun to be in.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Btw, Xion should’ve been the Seeker of Darkness for Toy Box.

Toy Box is the second Disney world you visit, having Xion that early would not made her reveal to the audience as impactful. Also, Young Xehanort fits the Toy Box theme cause he's a youthful boy.

Perkilator

Awards
Toy Box is the second Disney world you visit, having Xion that early would not made her reveal to the audience as impactful. Also, Young Xehanort fits the Toy Box theme cause he's a youthful boy.
Eh, fair enough. But then there’s my opinion that Aqua should’ve been a minor antagonist in San Fransokyo (with the Reapers as the main ones). Also, am I a broken record in saying the Dream Eaters would make a better enemy type for Toy Box with the whole “split worlds” thing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I'm more into Marvel joining KH than Star Wars. Marvel would be a better fit for doing the FF cameos than the FF characters as they are more malleable or more used to be changed up for a story.

Back