• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My unpopular opinions number 8 and number 10 from last year have changed.

8. Was that aside from Mario 64 and Sunshine, the series was kind of meh. I'm really opening up to a lot more of the older Mario titles and appreciating them in a different light than I previously had.

10. Was that after the Wii I just didn't really care about Nintendo consoles anymore. My time with the Switch really has changed that, it's a fantastic console with a lot of potential for future games.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My unpopular opinions number 8 and number 10 from last year have changed.

8. Was that aside from Mario 64 and Sunshine, the series was kind of meh. I'm really opening up to a lot more of the older Mario titles and appreciating them in a different light than I previously had.

10. Was that after the Wii I just didn't really care about Nintendo consoles anymore. My time with the Switch really has changed that, it's a fantastic console with a lot of potential for future games.

Galaxy is a "meh", but a cool and entertaining sort of meh.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Galaxy is a "meh", but a cool and entertaining sort of meh.

I wasn't very big on Galaxy, and I thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was pretty whatever when it came out too, I beat it in a day. But I've been having fun with some of the Super Nintendo ones lately, and I've been thinking about trying out Paper Mario

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Paper Mario 64 and The Thousand Year Door are fantastic games. The problem is that if you try and love them, you'll be mourning the direction of the series with the rest of us.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wasn't very big on Galaxy, and I thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was pretty whatever when it came out too, I beat it in a day. But I've been having fun with some of the Super Nintendo ones lately, and I've been thinking about trying out Paper Mario
I mean, the New Super Mario Bros. game are just there as quick cash grabs. They aren't as thought-out as big Mario games.
Paper Mario 64 and The Thousand Year Door are fantastic games. The problem is that if you try and love them, you'll be mourning the direction of the series with the rest of us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah, pretty much this. Super Paper Mario was a nice game, though. It felt like the natural evolution of storytelling that Paper Mario should have stayed wait. Sticker Star and Color Splash just use a sort of sitcom-esque format, but Color Splash was way better.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I think I was expecting more of a classically challenging platforms with New Super Mario Bros, and was disappointed.

If you guys really recommend the 64 and Gamecube Paper Marios though, those are the ones I'll be sure to give a go. I still have both consoles, so I'll just need to hunt down the games at some point.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I found Dark Souls 1 to be relaxing. Yes, relaxing.
I slightly hope this isn't as much of an unpopular opinion as I think it is, but still I wanted to share

Meow Wow

Awards
The love story between Tidus and Yuna in Final fantasy X kinda sucks in my opinion. It seems more stereotypical than well developed in my opinion.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Final Fantasy IX is one of the worst in the series.

Zul

Awards
I have no metric for determining whether my opinions are "unpopular" or not, so these are just...preferences/opinions.

1. FF12 is pretty bad, Yoshida's art doesn't translate well onto the character models, most of which look like they have dirt on their faces. The characters themselves are dull, the sound compression makes them sound horrible(in the original release).

2. Zelda's whole formula of releasing games with different copies of link/zelda/master-sword (AFAIK Ganondorf is always the same one) is bizarre and awful.

3. Namine does not deserve thanks for anything, she fixed something bad that she did, that's the LEAST she could do, it isn't worthy of praise.

4. There are probably numerous fanfictions written by 10-year olds that are higher in quality than Warcraft's current writing.

5. Lyse(FFXIV) isn't horrible. | 6. Gosetsu's post-4.1 arc is really dumb.

7. A villain doesn't need to have some tragic backstory that turned him bad, some people turn out bad regardless of background.

8. PC master race

9. Inventory management is the most foul thing to exist in any game. Whether it be discount tetris, encumbrance, whatever. I wish it destroyed, I wish it burnt to ashes then I want the ashes set on fire again.

10. The star wars sequels are crap, the prequels are great for memes though.

11. I hardly care at all for the Disney in KH. I bought it for the FF when I was young and only stick to it to see this arc to its end.

12. Vanitas wearing both that suit and the dark coat at the same time is awful.

13. While it is important to have thick skin to deal with situations, the burden is upon the toxic individual to correct their behavior, not for others to put up with them.

14. People who genuinely(as opposed to jokingly) mock/condescend others on account of gaming achievements or difficulty preferences are trying to cover up an inadequacy in their real lives.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
RDR2 is just not my cup of tea. Western settings just don’t appeal to me. I’ve heard the story is good, but the setting just ruins it for me.

nigbigger44

1) First Person Shooter is the worst genre for gameplay.

FPS titles are inherently limited in their gameplay ability. You look at any established entry whether Battlefield or Call of Duty or even something more adventurous such as Splatoon, and they all boil down to one thing: shoot bad guy with fast killing weapon, me stronk! They try to make things more impressive by having <destructable environments> or better graphics, but the truth is they are not malleable.

ImVentus

Awards
I believe I posted a comment in this thread before, apparently not.

- Super Smash Bros isn't that great of a game. It's repetitive combat, stuck in the same area until you win or change a new level. I feel a need to move in the setting and not be stuck in one big room with a textured map. After 3-5 battles it gets boring for me, even with other players. It's all fun in the first 15 minutes, but then it's the same old thing over and over again.

- Indie games are under-appreciated. There's plenty of games out there that are great and well made, on smaller teams and on a smaller budget. Often times, the quality on the games scream more passion and creativity.

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
- final fantasy IX has a long way to go to be the best FF. battles are slower than older games like FFV; animations are way too long and flashy. the trance system was also executed in the worst possible way; imo it should've worked like FFVIII's limit breaks.

14. People who genuinely(as opposed to jokingly) mock/condescend others on account of gaming achievements or difficulty preferences are trying to cover up an inadequacy in their real lives.

i frequent the final fantasy record keeper subreddit, and you'd be surprised at how many stop-having-fun-guys go there... :/

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
- I think FFVI is better than VII and that VII was only popular because it was the first 3D one and on the PlayStation.
- Personally for me, KH1, CoM, and Days are better than KH2.
- the original 151 Pokemon are the most bland and boring ones to actually use in battle.

Pokie

Some Guy: Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best games ever and-

Me :

tenor.gif

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I believe I posted a comment in this thread before, apparently not.

- Super Smash Bros isn't that great of a game. It's repetitive combat, stuck in the same area until you win or change a new level. I feel a need to move in the setting and not be stuck in one big room with a textured map. After 3-5 battles it gets boring for me, even with other players. It's all fun in the first 15 minutes, but then it's the same old thing over and over again.
You could've said that for all fighting games, why single out SSB?

I know you guys might roast me for being a fake gamer because I play Sims but I get a lot of odd looks when I say that The Sims 4 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I mean The Sims 3 is indeed a gem but The Sims 4, especially with all the major DLC, is a lot of fun as well, no need to hate the game!

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that, as I've read an awesome blog about it recently! It Called The Sims 3 vs The Sims 4 and covers a lot of stuff, even though I disagree with some of it.

Biriti

I really liked many opinions on this topic. And I want to know what antiviruses do you use on your PC? If we consider avast vs mcafee what to choose?

Last edited:
Back