• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unmarked spoilers: Potential KH3 world list? (INCOMPLETE)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_

Awards
I just can’t help but wonder what worlds would have actually been chosen if Disney wasn’t involved and making suggestions (eg. Big Hero 6). Fan requested worlds have made it into KH before (Hunchback) but these modern films, as much as I enjoyed the movies barring Frozen, tell me that Disney told Square Enix to include these worlds. These are also Disney properties that have sequels coming (Frozen 2, Toy Story 4), or are continuing on in a television series (Big Hero 6: The Series, Tangled: The Series, Monsters Inc will have a television series on Disney’s online streaming service) which makes KH3’s world selection feel a bit like ‘free’ advertising for upcoming and existing Disney properties.
Smash Bros. and Kingdom Hearts are kindred spirits; people obsess over KH world selection as much as they do Smash newcomers. Sakurai confirmed the only reason Corrin was included as a DLC character was essentially so the character could be a walking advertisement, in a game already oversaturated with Fire Emblem reps.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The settings are all of a familiar territory. Monsters Inc is an American city alternate universe, Toy Story is set in a nice little suburb with houses and cars, and Big Hero 6 is set in an alternate San Fransisco. They might look different in terms of design (futuristic vs. industrial) but the underlying principal of it is it is three modern US cities. Olympus and Tangled are thankfully aesthetically different, but we have yet to see more from Tangled in order to see how different it is (I am curious about the Wetlands and the swamp we have to go through there).
On one hand, at least San Fransokyo will have a flying section (if the teaser image is anything to go by), half or likely most of Toy Story's will take place Galaxy Toys, and Monsters, Inc. in, uh, Monsters, Inc. and may get creative with the doors to take Sora and friends on mini adventures or fights like Timeless River did with the floating windows.

I know it doesn't change what you've said, but at least it looks like they're trying to make the three as different from each other as possible.

But if they put in another modern city-based Disney world in KH3 I'm gonna punch something. XD

I just can’t help but wonder what worlds would have actually been chosen if Disney wasn’t involved and making suggestions (eg. Big Hero 6). Fan requested worlds have made it into KH before (Hunchback) but these modern films, as much as I enjoyed the movies barring Frozen, tell me that Disney told Square Enix to include these worlds. These are also Disney properties that have sequels coming (Frozen 2, Toy Story 4), or are continuing on in a television series (Big Hero 6: The Series, Tangled: The Series, Monsters Inc will have a television series on Disney’s online streaming service) which makes KH3’s world selection feel a bit like ‘free’ advertising for upcoming and existing Disney properties.
Toy Story would probably have still made it in since we know Nomura has been trying to get it in since the first game, and Frozen would be in because SE wouldn't want to be set on fire by rabid Frozen fans.

As for the others, I'd imagine SE thinking using the more recent films would be good for KH3's sales, and I can see the team selecting Tangled and Big Hero 6 believing their storylines/concepts working well in the KHverse.

I just realized my answer is basically "it would have happened with or without Disney." *laughs*

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Now that you mention it, with Wreck It Ralph having a sequel releasing next year. I wonder if that could potentially point to it being included too.
I keep asking myself the same question and not only that... Nomura already said that we will not see as many disney worlds as we are used to so how many disney/pixar worlds to expect?

I would like at least 10

What I also wonder is that if we will get more worlds in totla than KHII
I'm really hoping for 10.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah I kind of feel the same. What I don't understand is that Tangled features swamp like areas. None of those more muddy areas were present in the film. That I think would fit better with Jungle Book's swamp which will feel like a missed opportunity if it doesn't make it.
It makes me sad because it means they won’t surprise me with a Princess and the Frog world :(.

I’m going to watch the Tangled series and see if a swamp or wetlands is included in that. If so, they might be taking some inspiration from the show, much like how the Monsters Inc area with the fire was seen in Monsters University (when they break into Monsters Inc and are being chased by security guards)

KHHacker6595

Please Nomura, at least give us a couple more 2D animated Disney worlds like Jungle Book and Atlantis. It feels so soulless and corporate when the world selection is just recent or relevant media that Disney can use for advertising.

Aramagon

Awards
I’m going to watch the Tangled series and see if a swamp or wetlands is included in that.)

There aren't. The series is mostly centered around the Town, with a few couple of breaks in areas like other Kingdoms and Mountains.
Still, isn't the area where Rapunzel cures Flynn some kind of Wetland? The one where Gothel sings the Reprise of Mother Knows Best? I vaguely remember it being kinda different than the regular Forest portion.

Still, they might just put a larger variety of areas to avoid having a Forest and nothing more.

ghostwarmen

Awards
There aren't. The series is mostly centered around the Town, with a few couple of breaks in areas like other Kingdoms and Mountains.
Still, isn't the area where Rapunzel cures Flynn some kind of Wetland? The one where Gothel sings the Reprise of Mother Knows Best? I vaguely remember it being kinda different than the regular Forest portion.

Still, they might just put a larger variety of areas to avoid having a Forest and nothing more.
That kind of irritates me. Princess and the Frog is a whole swamp world, why not just add that? Its themes and characters mesh well with KH, instead they're putting a swamp area in the Tangled world?

Tangled should have the Tower area, the forest, the dam area, and the town/kingdom. There's plenty of variety there, no need for a swamp area which is no where to be seen in the movie, unless maybe those files were either not marked correctly or they really don't mean much and are just vague descriptions of the area. (I'm desperately hoping we get that PatF world....ugh).

kingsoraful

Awards
Now that you mention it, with Wreck It Ralph having a sequel releasing next year. I wonder if that could potentially point to it being included too.

I'm really hoping for 10.

It'll be 10 or 11 Disney Worlds. Less then KH2 but more then KH.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well I just wasted $15 lol. Rapunzel cures Flynn next to a river, right? That’s after the limestone cavern (files found). The wetlands includes a lot of dead wood, trees, and plants. Where Gothel sings that reprise is the coast, I believe. The coast was developed as well as special coast trees and whatnot.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well I just wasted $15 lol. Rapunzel cures Flynn next to a river, right? That’s after the limestone cavern (files found). The wetlands includes a lot of dead wood, trees, and plants. Where Gothel sings that reprise is the coast, I believe. The coast was developed as well as special coast trees and whatnot.

Yeah it really wasn't a Wetland lol. Sounds like maybe they did just an area, which honestly excites me...still have hope it wont be a direct rehash of the movie lol.

That kind of irritates me. Princess and the Frog is a whole swamp world, why not just add that? Its themes and characters mesh well with KH, instead they're putting a swamp area in the Tangled world?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Tangled should have the Tower area, the forest, the dam area, and the town/kingdom. There's plenty of variety there, no need for a swamp area which is no where to be seen in the movie, unless maybe those files were either not marked correctly or they really don't mean much and are just vague descriptions of the area. (I'm desperately hoping we get that PatF world....ugh).
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I mean, and I realize I just said something similar, I adore Princess and the Frog SO much, I love Tiana I want her in KH. I want to fight Facilier, all that jazz. But I doubt this swamp area has anything to do with its likely absence. They just went with different movies from this era, will probably be a big reason...I guess we have to see what's left but I doubt anything else is from the revival era after Frozen is revealed.[/FONT]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m not regretting my purchase of Tangled the Series now, it’s actually quite good. What would be nice, and ease my mind a little, would be for KH3 to push past the corporate and include tie ins and references to the sequels and television series. It was such a surprise to fight Sparky in BbS but I’m not asking for something on that scale. Corona is filled with unique characters, surely they can include some of them, or even some landmarks from the series?

Same goes for Big Hero 6. It’s set after the movie so there’s no excuse for us not to meet Professor Granville, or even for someone to mention her. I haven’t seen the Frozen shorts, but Toy Story having some of the toys from later movies and the television specials on display in Galaxy Toys would be pretty cool.

Basically, if Square and Disney are using KH3 to be another step in marketing some upcoming movies and shows, I hope they tie those in with the game instead of relying too heavily on the main source material.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It was such a surprise to fight Sparky in BbS but I’m not asking for something on that scale.

Sparky was possible because he appeared in Stitch! The Movie. Technically, Sparky is from a feature film hence why he was able to be added. I don't think that Tangled has that sort of privilege.

latest

Besides, judging from Marluxia's supposed presence in that world, I don't think that Tangled needs to pull much outside of the feature film.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Give me Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Agrabah. Anything that shows that those aren’t in and I’ll probably complain until I turn blue.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Here's a visualization of what we have so far.

kingdom_hearts_iii_disney_worlds_by_the_dark_mamba_995-dby0kyw.jpg

Monsters Inc is the only choice that has caught me off guard. It probably wouldn't have made my top 20 list in terms of predicted worlds to appear. Inc's inclusion probably eliminates the possibility of Stitch's Hawaii popping up since those would me two worlds focused on Monsters/aliens in a modernized setting. Why they would opt for Inc. over Stitch's world would be quite the puzzler.

Last edited:
Awards
Give me Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Agrabah. Anything that shows that those aren’t in and I’ll probably complain until I turn blue.

I don't really care about Treasure Planet but Agrabah is a most wanted for me and for f**** sake please let us get in the freaking palace lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back