• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unlocking the Chamber of Repose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unbound_word

Let's assume the Chmaber of Repose will be unlocked. How will our heroes find it? Will Tron help them, or will the revived Organizers give them a backup disc to unlocking the chamber? Or how else?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
One possibility is Xemnas, after meeting Aqua, will open it up for them himself. Maybe.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let's assume the Chmaber of Repose will be unlocked. How will our heroes find it? Will Tron help them, or will the revived Organizers give them a backup disc to unlocking the chamber? Or how else?

If not Tron & the HB Restoration Gang happening to find information on it, it'd most likely be Ienzo who knew well what Xemnas was doing inside of the Chamber of Repose and probably many ways to get into the room.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I guess it depends on why it needs to be unlocked? Like, if a character needs to get in there then they'll...know about it? It doesn't seem as impossible or dire as the other chamber.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
At this point, it really could be anyone. Ienzo may find it due to prior knowledge as Zexion; the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee can find it in one of their sweeps; Lea may accidentally stumble upon it or something, I don't know.

Or maybe Gilgamesh will find it thinking that it houses Excalibur only to find Excalipoor right next to the armor, who knows. XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I guess it depends on why it needs to be unlocked? Like, if a character needs to get in there then they'll...know about it? It doesn't seem as impossible or dire as the other chamber.

I don't think they necessarily need to know about it and its uses to have a reason to visit it. I could see the HB gang finding notes on it and deciding to investigate and have Tron hack a way to unlocking the pathway, or Ienzo commenting on it while Sora and co. visits and discusses the Organization.

It's not dire, but it could hold a wealth of secrets beyond what we know about it that could help move KH3's narrative forward. The cages inside had to have held something inside them (which is freaky to think about because they were most likely experiments), and then whoever does find it will discover the armor and Keyblade and have a million questions about it (if we haven't "saved" Aqua before this point).

At this point, it really could be anyone. Ienzo may find it due to prior knowledge as Zexion; the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee can find it in one of their sweeps; Lea may accidentally stumble upon it or something, I don't know.

Or maybe Gilgamesh will find it thinking that it houses Excalibur only to find Excalipoor right next to the armor, who knows. XD

The chamber wouldn't be that easy to find in a sweep since it requires a password and disk to even gain access to the stairwell & hallway.

lol No man, he's searching for Keyblades!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't think they necessarily need to know about it and its uses to have a reason to visit it. I could see the HB gang finding notes on it and deciding to investigate and have Tron hack a way to unlocking the pathway, or Ienzo commenting on it while Sora and co. visits and discusses the Organization.

It's not dire, but it could hold a wealth of secrets beyond what we know about it that could help move KH3's narrative forward. The cages inside had to have held something inside them (which is freaky to think about because they were most likely experiments), and then whoever does find it will discover the armor and Keyblade and have a million questions about it (if we haven't "saved" Aqua before this point).

The chamber wouldn't be that easy to find in a sweep since it requires a password and disk to even gain access to the stairwell & hallway.

lol No man, he's searching for Keyblades!

It's Gilgamesh. He'll find a way. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
If not Tron & the HB Restoration Gang happening to find information on it, it'd most likely be Ienzo who knew well what Xemnas was doing inside of the Chamber of Repose and probably many ways to get into the room.

This would also be my guess.

Aside from Ienzo, the only other person that seemed aware of the champer (or rather Xemnas' continued use of it) was Xigbar.
And I dont see him telling anyone.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This would also be my guess.

Aside from Ienzo, the only other person that seemed aware of the champer (or rather Xemnas' continued use of it) was Xigbar.
And I dont see him telling anyone.

Saix and Axel knew about it too, they talk about both in Days.

Having said that, Ienzo and the other founders definitely know about the underground lair. The founding members built it, hence their names being the password.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Saix and Axel knew about it too, they talk about both in Days.

Having said that, Ienzo and the other founders definitely know about the underground lair. The founding members built it, hence their names being the password.

They know of it but that doesnt mean they know where it is.

Thus why I pointed out they likely didn't know of his continued use of it. I never said they didn't know the chamber existed at all.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They know of it but that doesnt mean they know where it is.

Thus why I pointed out they likely didn't know of his continued use of it. I never said they didn't know the chamber existed at all.

I guess that's true, though I can't see them knowing about it and not knowing where it is. I mean, the way Saix talked about-

Saïx: The Chamber of Repose, and it's antipode, the Chamber of Waking... Xemnas isn't telling us something. And the missing chamber, the Chamber
of Waking--it holds all the answers. We need those answers to gain the upper hand--for our own reasons.

Implies that the Chamber of Repose isn't missing, IE: he knows where it is. Like, it could go either way, I just don't think it's going to be hard to get into.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That doesn't really imply he knows where it is but only of it's existence, not that he doens't know, after all I doubt it'd be hard for him to find out. Just that the quote doesnt imply that he does either.

There is also the fact that Siax and Axel, while older members, aren't a member of the original founding apprentices who built the chamber while still human.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That doesn't really imply he knows where it is but only of it's existence, not that he doens't know, after all I doubt it'd be hard for him to find out. Just that the quote doesnt imply that he does either.

There is also the fact that Siax and Axel, while older members, aren't a member of the original founding apprentices who built the chamber while still human.

That's true! but -and I don't know why I'm talking about any of this because I don't feel strongly either way- but Lea and Isa were desperate to break into the castle. It seems VERY likely to me that they were among Xehanort's experiments who were locked down in that dungeon.

As far as Isa goes now, I mean he's in on Xehanort's schemes and one of the vessels, so I'm sure he has access to it, or could easily get a hold of it.

Oh! Another interesting thing: what if only Xemnas and Braig know about the chamber's contents? What if whatever part of Terra that's in Xemnas is concealing it from the rest of the Xehanorts? Would that even be possible? Hm. Drifting, drifting.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's true! but -and I don't know why I'm talking about any of this because I don't feel strongly either way- but Lea and Isa were desperate to break into the castle. It seems VERY likely to me that they were among Xehanort's experiments who were locked down in that dungeon.
It is very likely but locking them in a dungeon cell to be experimented on, which lead to them becoming heartless/nobodies, doesn't mean they were in or even near the Chamber.
As we seen in kh2 final mixes extra scene were Xemnas goes to the chamber, there are many small cells and probably many more rooms.

It'd also make no sense to take test subjects that they know wont be human much longer to a room that seems to largely only have importance to Xehanort.

As far as Isa goes now, I mean he's in on Xehanort's schemes and one of the vessels, so I'm sure he has access to it, or could easily get a hold of it.
Siax could that is for certain though I'm not sure what motive he'd still have for doing so at this point.

Oh! Another interesting thing: what if only Xemnas and Braig know about the chamber's contents? What if whatever part of Terra that's in Xemnas is concealing it from the rest of the Xehanorts? Would that even be possible? Hm. Drifting, drifting.\
It could be possible that only Xemnas and Braig know what's in it, like I said the room largely seems to only hold importance to Xehanort.
Though why he'd hide it's contents or whether it was Terra's influence is all up to guessing.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It is very likely but locking them in a dungeon cell to be experimented on, which lead to them becoming heartless/nobodies, doesn't mean they were in or even near the Chamber.
As we seen in kh2 final mixes extra scene were Xemnas goes to the chamber, there are many small cells and probably many more rooms.

It's just one hall, though and the chamber is at the end of the hall and required no sort of effort to get into it. The hard part to me would be opening the passageway, which seems like it'd be really easy for any of the founding members. That's why this topic seems so odd to me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's just one hall, though and the chamber is at the end of the hall and required no sort of effort to get into it. The hard part to me would be opening the passageway, which seems like it'd be really easy for any of the founding members. That's why this topic seems so odd to me.

That's just one hall that we seen. Plus, being cells, logic dictates they'd be locked pretty much stopping any pre-nobody Isa/Lea trips into the chamber wouldn't you say?

Odd topics for sleep deprived/bored minds. o3o

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That's just one hall that we seen.
I mean, the door opens and you can see down the hall. The map only has that one hall. I mean, yes, in theory that could all be changed in the future and this is all...I don't even know.

Plus, being cells, logic dictates they'd be locked pretty much stopping any pre-nobody Isa/Lea trips into the chamber wouldn't you say?

Odd topics for sleep deprived/bored minds. o3o

I don't know, man, I still don't think they'd need to get in there or if they did it'd be a problem.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I mean, the door opens and you can see down the hall. The map only has that one hall. I mean, yes, in theory that could all be changed in the future and this is all...I don't even know.
Ah but it was only one door, the little area he walked down into could've had more. But doesn't really matter, this is just side-track discussion at this point. xD

I don't know, man, I still don't think they'd need to get in there or if they did it'd be a problem.
Sure getting in now wouldn't be a problem but that wasn't the point of the part you brought up, you were talking about pre-org Isa and Lea who, if they did indeed ended up experiments, would've been locked in those aforementioned cells unable to get into the Chamber.

As far as Isa is concerned right now he wouldn't need to get in there, he's done a nort. And as for the other characters I honestly dont see much reason for them to bother finding it at present either.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well, I think it'd be matter of using the names of the apprentices to get in, just like how Xemnas got in. With four of the apprentices back, it's possible they'll figure out the passwords themselves, if they haven't already.

Also, it's been a while since I played KH2, so my memory is fuzzy...but I think we can all remember the part where they were using the computer to do something related to Tron's world. In particular, using the names of the princesses when confronted with a riddle about the DtD. Using the same analogy, we could say that the six apprentices as a whole are integral to understanding the purpose of the CoR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back