• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unlocking KH3D's Secret Ending and Secret Message!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Secret Ending

Prerequisites:
• Beginner Mode - Earn at least 9 Trophies
• Standard Mode - Earn at least 7 Trophies
• Proud Mode - Earn at least 5 Trophies
• Critical Mode -Earn at least 3 Trophies

Unlocking it:
Once you beat the final boss, Riku will be asked three questions by familiar faces... Use the answer "Losing something that's important" for question one, "My close friends" for question two, and "To recover something important." for question three. After you finish the credits and save your clear data, just open the start menu and it should say that you have unlocked the Secret Ending.

Secret Message

During the credits, Sora will Dive through them, earning points for each name you tag. Gold letters will appear often throughout the sequence, and if you manage to tag all of them, you will unlock the Secret Message.

State

Awards
Cool, thanks! I'll remember to view this thread when I want to unlock the ending. :>

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Hey, it's 3 trophies for Critical and 9 for Beginner. My research into how to unlock this (forgetting it was probably said here) confirms it.

Rishtopher

I'm guessing that this isn't unlockable via Theatre Mode?

I just finished the game, but I answered the questions incorrectly. I met all the other requirements (Secret Message, and trophies acquired) but due to the fact that I share the game, I saved over my original save file. If I try to attempt the boss again, it's automatic drop to Sora.

Did this happen to anyone else, or am I the only one who's SOL? I'm really hoping I just missed something minor and that I can still get it.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I'm guessing that this isn't unlockable via Theatre Mode?

I just finished the game, but I answered the questions incorrectly. I met all the other requirements (Secret Message, and trophies acquired) but due to the fact that I share the game, I saved over my original save file. If I try to attempt the boss again, it's automatic drop to Sora.

Did this happen to anyone else, or am I the only one who's SOL? I'm really hoping I just missed something minor and that I can still get it.

The secret message is unlockable there, already tried it myself.

So for everyone:

THE SECRET MESSAGE IS UNLOCKABLE IN THEATRE MODE BY REWATCHING THE CREDITS

You're welcome haha ;D

Rishtopher

Oh thanks! Ok, that's good news for me. BUT what's odd is that it's not unlocking for me.

I'm playing on Proud, I have 7 trophies and I have the Secret Message... where do I go to view it? I've rewatched the Ansem's Legacy scene in full, twice with the correct answers, but I didn't see anything indicating that I unlocked the ending. I'm assuming it's supposed to be in Theater>Ending>Secret Ending...and yet I see nothing. This is profound disappointment :(

Edit: Ansem's Legacy = "The Mysterious Tower", sorry.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Oh thanks! Ok, that's good news for me. BUT what's odd is that it's not unlocking for me.

I'm playing on Proud, I have 7 trophies and I have the Secret Message... where do I go to view it? I've rewatched the Ansem's Legacy scene in full, twice with the correct answers, but I didn't see anything indicating that I unlocked the ending. I'm assuming it's supposed to be in Theater>Ending>Secret Ending...and yet I see nothing. This is profound disappointment :(

Edit: Ansem's Legacy = "The Mysterious Tower", sorry.

Be sure to post if you get the secret ending or not. I've only tried it with the secret message by rewatching the credits in theatre mode (and that worked) so I assume that re-answering the three questions in theatre mode will unlock the secret ending as well.

Rishtopher

Be sure to post if you get the secret ending or not. I've only tried it with the secret message by rewatching the credits in theatre mode (and that worked) so I assume that re-answering the three questions in theatre mode will unlock the secret ending as well.

No luck, I'm afraid. It's not working at all. Unless it's somehow added to one of the other Theater clips without a notification, it doesn't seem like Theater Mode helps you unlock the actual Secret Ending cutscene. Not gonna spend another 35 hours just for a a 2~3 min clip. Off to Youtube I suppose >_>

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
No luck, I'm afraid. It's not working at all. Unless it's somehow added to one of the other Theater clips without a notification, it doesn't seem like Theater Mode helps you unlock the actual Secret Ending cutscene. Not gonna spend another 35 hours just for a a 2~3 min clip. Off to Youtube I suppose >_>

You can just beat the final bosses again though! I mean, then you can see it in 3D.

Rishtopher

Ok, thanks for the tip! I just realized that I kept trying to start with Riku's boss fight, which was the reason for the drop. I didn't know it happened since I played the game in the "right" order the first time.

Oran

Awards
Hey, it's 3 trophies for Critical and 9 for Beginner. My research into how to unlock this (forgetting it was probably said here) confirms it.

Actually according to the official game guide you need at least 13 trophies and answer the questions correctly in beginner mode while in critical mode you only need to beat the game...

iLeen

Awards
Actually according to the official game guide you need at least 13 trophies and answer the questions correctly while in critical mode you only need to beat the game...unless the game guide is wrong.

13 would seem about right, since you need 7 to unlock from proud mode...and thus we have 7 lights and 13 darknesses. Such a clever ploy.

Terranort

According to the guide it's 13 for beginner, 7 for standard and 5 for proud. The guide didn't really help with the portals and item collecting but a major help with the bosses and such. Maybe a guide for fighting Julius but hey, still good nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back