• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unlocking all Birth by Sleep has to offer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yessir_23

Awards
As it's hard to get a definitive answer online, could someone help me fill in the pieces about the 'endings' of Birth by Sleep and how to unlock them in 2.5? I'm playing in standard mode but the parameters for all modes would be useful. So far, to my understanding, we have:

Final Episode ending movie= unlocked by beating Final Episode

Secret movie (from original game)= ???

Playable ending (from final mix)= ???

Secret movie (from final mix)= ???

Please avoid spoilers. Thanks!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Final Episode ending movie = Secret movie (from original game)= unlocked by beating Final Episode

Playable ending (from final mix) = Secret movie (from final mix)= unlocked by beating Final Episode + complete all 3 sticker albums with 140 points each + 9999 unversed trophy

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
From what I know, it's like this:

1) Beginner Mode
  • You deal 50% more damage to enemies. Enemies deal 50% less damage to you.
  • Secret Ending not accessible.

2) Standard Mode
  • You deal normal damage to enemies. Enemies deal normal damage to you.
  • Must complete the Final Episode and the Reports section 100% to unlock the Secret Ending. This means getting all commands, shotlocks, items, winning all the mini-games, all the Mirage Arena missions, just get everything 100%. With all 3 characters. That's a lot of work, believe me. I tried that with Terra and it was a pain.

3) Proud Mode
  • You deal 50% less damage to enemies. Enemies deal 50% more damage to you // enemies deal doubled damage to you.
  • Must get all Xehanort's Reports and beat the Final Episode with all 3 characters to unlock the Secret Ending. *hint* Some Reports are in the Mirage Arena for some characters...

4) Critical Mode (my fav) - only available in the NA/EU and Final Mix versions of BBS... I don't know if in the 2.5 HD ReMIX version too o.o

• You deal 50% less damage to enemies. Enemies deal 50% more damage to you.
  • The ability Zero EXP is available to activate in the beginning of the game. If you activate it, you'll get no EXP by defeating enemies and will stay at Level 1 forever. And this means the game will be both a challenge and a test of endurance and you will die a lot of times. I personally love it >:'D
  • You begin the game with 5 command slots.
  • HP boosts from bonuses are halved. (like, the one you get from beating certain Arena missions...
  • Must beat the Final Episode to unlock the Secret Ending with all 3 characters.

I hope I got everything right :3 (are there any changes to these in the 2.5 HD ReMIX? I don't think so but didn't try 2.5 yet.. )
I recommend you to play all 3 characters on the same Difficulty Level. If, for example, you play Standard as Ventus and Proud as Terra and Aqua, then you must anyway complete the Reports section 100% with Ventus, besides getting all Xehanort's Reports for Terra and Aqua, to unlock the Secret Ending.

Yessir_23

Awards
Final Episode ending movie = Secret movie (from original game)= unlocked by beating Final Episode

So you're saying that the original PSP game that was released in the west had no separate secret ending, and that after beating the final episode you had unlocked all the story content? I was sure there was a secret move as well.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope I got everything right :3 (are there any changes to these in the 2.5 HD ReMIX? I don't think so but didn't try 2.5 yet.. )
I recommend you to play all 3 characters on the same Difficulty Level. If, for example, you play Standard as Ventus and Proud as Terra and Aqua, then you must anyway complete the Reports section 100% with Ventus, besides getting all Xehanort's Reports for Terra and Aqua, to unlock the Secret Ending.

Requirements for Secret Episode is totally different in BbSFM+. Standard mode in vanilla requires full journal completion for all 3 characters, but this is unnecessary for FM+.

So you're saying that the original PSP game that was released in the west had no separate secret ending, and that after beating the final episode you had unlocked all the story content? I was sure there was a secret move as well.

Blank Points is the original secret movie in the vanilla version which is obtained by clearing the Final Episode, viewable in your theater mode. So this will also be in FM+ as well.

The Secret Episode is the secret movie itself for FM+. Well, more like it contains the movie within the episode since its playable.

Yessir_23

Awards
Blank Points is the original secret movie in the vanilla version which is obtained by clearing the Final Episode, viewable in your theater mode. So this will also be in FM+ as well.

The Secret Episode is the secret movie itself for FM+. Well, more like it contains the movie within the episode since its playable.

*spoilers*

So I recently beat Terra-Xehanort as Aqua, which to my knowledge counts as clearing the Final Episode. On my theatre mode, I have Terra, Aqua, Ven, Final Episode, and Where the Heart Goes. There are two '???', but no Blank Points :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back