• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Union X: The strongest virus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
"""Games""" that are actually carefully constructed mechanisms to get you to buy into microtransactions are vastly more valuable than a real video game if your goal is just to make money. KH3 may have sold many many copies, but money had to actually be put into its development, while copying some PNGs of Disney characters into the game is a triviality. So there's no way they would let this game end.

Yea it's a bit of a nightmare cycle tbh

I still maintain hope that this will eventually be redone as an HD cutscene compilation but at this point I can't help but wonder whether half of it will just be bizarre WIR filler scenes lol. Then again, Re:Coded movie wove in its Disney sub-plots somewhat decently

...unless Disney and Square Enix are bold enough to get King Candy involved with the destruction of Data Daybreak Town.

King Candy directly causing destruction of Data Daybreak Town is an absolutely bonkers idea but strangely, I can't say I hate it...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
King Candy directly causing destruction of Data Daybreak Town is an absolutely bonkers idea but strangely, I can't say I hate it...

Hold on a moment, wasn't CLU from Tron/Space Paranoids responsible for the Heartless outbreak and the security compromise of Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts II? This wouldn't even be the first time a Disney villain has directly meddled with the affairs of an original world...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hold on a moment, wasn't CLU from Tron/Space Paranoids responsible for the Heartless outbreak and the security compromise of Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts II? This wouldn't even be the first time a Disney villain has directly meddled with the affairs of an original world...
It actually was the MCP from the original Tron, but the example stands.

If i recall correctly Tron states in II that the MCP got "reprogrammed" somehow which was implied to be Xehanort's doing when he took over everything Ansem the Wise built.

AR829038

Awards
I believe UX will end on quest 1,000. Seems like a good round number to end it on.
First of all, your profile pic is glory in the highest.
Second, I think you're right. It feels like they've been intentionally stretching out the quests and the story so that the narrative ends exactly on the 1,000th quest. I'd be surprised if that didn't turn out to be the case.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
First of all, your profile pic is glory in the highest.
Second, I think you're right. It feels like they've been intentionally stretching out the quests and the story so that the narrative ends exactly on the 1,000th quest. I'd be surprised if that didn't turn out to be the case.

if KHUX jp left off on quest 975* and if we speculate it will end on quest 1000, and seeing as we only get about one story update per month, they may carry out the game for another 6 months at that leaving the game to finish lets say around september, which is TGS month. hopefully we'll see more of KHDR along the way and hopefully a teaser announcement for the next title? all falls in the realm of possibility at this point seeing that 2022 is approaching at the end of the year and KH is gonna be celebrating the 20th anniversary a few months after

Last edited:

Dashley

Awards

Personally, if nothing else, I think it would make these long stretches between updates more bearable if the disney segments were that well integrated within the main story. But I guess that goes without saying 😅 I really hope that is the case. That being said, King Candy's spiel about viruses has been one of the few things that have made me go "huh" outside of the daybreak town story. I hope it implies deeper lore implications for the player, and not just a surface overview of the Darkness/Union leader conflict..

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
if KHUX jp left off on quest 975* and if we speculate it will end on quest 1000, and seeing as we only get about one story update per month, they may carry out the game for another 6 months at that leaving the game to finish lets say around september, which is TGS month. hopefully we'll see more of KHDR along the way and hopefully a teaser announcement for the next title? all falls in the realm of possibility at this point seeing that 2022 is approaching at the end of the year and KH is gonna be celebrating the 20th anniversary a few months after

It's going to take longer to account for DR's story updates. We only get one or the other each month, never both.

kingofgame981

Awards
I thought we are finally get some more updates since the last cliffhanger with the Dandelions, but it is still Wreck It Ralph and laugh for my own silliness. But I did watch the whole update and surprised with the intense level (comparing for normally Disney world) and especially that plot being revealed by King Candy which identified Player as another virus.

Going by the wording of the Report there are at least two beings Luxu describes as a "virus".

The impostor "not chosen by the Master" among the "five" aka the Union Leaders which he states "represents" a virus and then in the next paragraph he mentions the virus undertaking a "reckless plot" to allow "the five" to escape into another worldline.

The first mentioned one can be either Blaine or Ventus but if I recall correctly Blaine's name was on the note detailing the new chosen leaders while Ven's wasn't.
So Blaine most likely was chosen to be a Union Leader, but he wasn't the one chosen to get the BoP, that is the thing off.
Question is does Luxu even know about this?
Ventus is apparently mentioned/detailed in the BoP as the "carrier" of "Darkness" but that can of course also be a muddy issue since we don't know if this "Darkness" being is actually telling the (full) truth there.

The second one however describes Player somewhat to a T, recklessly trying to save a group of people which includes their two closest friends.

On a side note though, "virus" can also apply to those Darkness-beings as well as Blaine, Ven and Player together as in 99,99% of cases a virus never consists of only a single cell.

I also believed this in your way after watching the update, and reading the report and also your explanation.

We can at least for now, be sure that Luxu has no idea about Player and what he/she had done, comparing with King Candy named Player as a virus. But with what we have seen so far with the Dandelion updates, Blaine has higher potential to be the virus more than Ventus due to whatever he had been pulling so far. Unless, a plot twist is waiting for us that flip the whole table and make either Blaine or Ventus end up as what Luxu mentioned in the report.

This feels to me, we have an "internal virus" and an "external virus" both messing around with the system that MoM has created.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The impostor "not chosen by the Master" among the "five" aka the Union Leaders which he states "represents" a virus and then in the next paragraph he mentions the virus undertaking a "reckless plot" to allow "the five" to escape into another worldline.
I think you might be reading too far into it.

The virus is simply referring to the unknown person previously established as a virus. That's how it reads to me anyway.
In lieu of a true identity, the obscured character is identified with a trait, then referred to by that trait.

(Also the fact that Japanese, what this was originally written in, doesn't use articles like "the" and "a" and thus wouldn't have this distinction made.)

Back