• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Union X remake Could work on console as an MMORPG ps4/switch/Xbox Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Just like final fantasy XIV, Kingdom hearts franchise has enough content for game like that, online where you can creat party’s go on missions pretty much like khux, Go on Disney worlds to collect lux, create your own character, pick your own keyblade, dress as your favorite characters and just like Khux and ffxiv where they release costumes in store for people to buy etc, plus the story is really Good, but if it’s hard to make it as an mmorpg then just make the online optional, it would be great eitherway if they remake the game on Ps4/Switch/Xbox.

zander1995

Awards
I think I’d rather just have them make a stand-alone/offline version that plays like Browser X (exploring worlds to complete objectives rather than mission based) than a full on remake. The story is already almost complete, so a full remake wouldn’t really make sense.
The resources would be better used on future KH games.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I've been saying for a good while now that a KH MMO would print money. There'd probably be legality hoops Square would have to jump through for the worlds used in UX, but if they can get it done? I'm telling you, this game would be incredible if done right.

As it stands, it is probably the most important title when it comes to this next saga, and it's a shame that it's only on mobile devices. Not to mention, the user base for it isn't as big as it once was. They've already got the assets for Daybreak Town and most of the cast due to Back Cover. Even if it's just an offline experience, it still needs to be done.

In fact, some of the newer worlds introduced in UX have World Themes, and I highly doubt that we're never going to hear them outside of UX. In fact, some of these themes are some of the best KH pieces to date. You can hear that there's been a lot of work put into the composition. That's why I think we'll get a console version of UX at some point. We ended up getting Back Cover, which explained nothing, and the only reason why that was made was because Square couldn't justify sending out DDD on PS4 by itself as its own purchase.

They have more teams at Square working on KH titles now. That has to mean that we'll be getting a LOT more KH content compared to what we used to get, and probably more frequently. If they wanted to give us UX-R as a title to tide us over for the next 3-4 years until KH4, that's more than acceptable. Other than the Kairi DDD-style game and Verum Rex, that's the title people want the most.

Cumguardian69

Awards
It could work in theory...but the entire point of it was easy gacha money, I douby SE would divert resources to an Mmo, not to mention what Disney would have to say about it

Eonstar890

Awards
With the introduction of Dark Road into the mobile app my hopes of a console remake have been squashed. The plan for the near future seems to be continuing the mobile platform, and for console titles remain in the present timeline (Melody of Memories and whatever comes after).

At best I can see UX getting the HD movie remake treatment like days and coded. Which honestly makes more sense the more I think about it. I think we'd be lucky to get even that tbh. Even when the service for the mobile game ends, the cutscenes can easily be viewed online so its not like their will be a huge story loss if someone really cares enough.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They'll probably just give it the Back Cover treatment. If Union X stuff is going to play a role in KH4 then they at least should go the Back Cover route for the folks that don't/can't play the mobile games. I don't see them changing their mobile games tactics. Plus I wanna see and hear Skuld animated.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The point of a console remake would invariably be to cement the χ series as a concrete, single game.

Turning it into an MMO would only make it the third time this story was delivered in an ephemeral medium. Once service ends, the game is gone. A console remake shouldn't have that issue.
I firmly believe a console remake is coming. The question is when, not if.
I don't know how long this will keep going (the "final chapter" of the Union Leaders story could easily lead into a new arc), but I do believe that Union χ[Cross] and Dark Road will reach their finales together, and shortly after we'll see the announcement of a remake for consoles.

After all, coded received a remake within the same year of its final chapter's release.
And if Uχ is ending with the Union Leaders storyline, it wouldn't surprise me if they're already working on a remake so it can launch shortly after service end.

Foxycian

Awards
They'll probably just give it the Back Cover treatment. If Union X stuff is going to play a role in KH4 then they at least should go the Back Cover route for the folks that don't/can't play the mobile games. I don't see them changing their mobile games tactics. Plus I wanna see and hear Skuld animated.
Yea probably since Union X is part of phase 1 and phase 1 ended so we might just get a Movie instead.

Back