• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Underoath's New Album

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightflare

Website
forums.cjb.net
Define the Great Line.

I have listened to their new songs and saw the New Video and I'd have to say that I'm actually quite impressed that they actually have gotten a little bit more Harder in the Vocals, because Spencer doesn't just scream like in They're Only Chasing Safety. He has more roaring and growling which is pretty much something I wanted to hear. They sounded Emo in their last album so I didn't like that album that much as the other ones. THey're Only Chasing Safety wouldn't be recommended by people who listen to Underoath from the start. I'd say, of your new to Underoath, listen to the Album They're Only Chasing Safety, and start listening to the other albums by them like the Changing of Times, Cries of the Past, or Act of Depression. People think that Underoath is Emo, but good thing they aren't. So I like Underoath's new album because it doesn't sound that much different from the other Albums.

Underoath is pretty good basically.

http://www.purevolume.com/underoath

Listen to their first three songs. Those are all the New Songs.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
It leaked (I have it! ^o^). The whole CD is great. I plan on buying it when it comes out just to have the actual CD. All of the songs are great, but it might take a few listen throughs to actually enjoy some of them.

I'm feeling that some of their new songs are influenced by bands like Norma Jean, because they're not following the regular song fashion in all of their songs and they are A LOT harder than before. I like how their ranges can go to a loud growl to a forceful scream. But nonetheless, it's a GREAT album and DEFINITELY worth buying.

Knightflare

Website
forums.cjb.net
Have you listened to those really old Albums by them? They are REALLY good. My favorite album has to be the very first album, Act of Depression.

Underoath is my favorite band. Bring Me the Horizon has my favorite song lmao

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Knightflare said:
Have you listened to those really old Albums by them? They are REALLY good. My favorite album has to be the very first album, Act of Depression.

Underoath is my favorite band. Bring Me the Horizon has my favorite song lmao

The oldest album I've heard of them was the one before They're Only Chasing Safety, but I prefer the later albums because of the screaming. It's not so... Rushed.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Cloud_Unchained said:
It leaked (I have it! ^o^). The whole CD is great. I plan on buying it when it comes out just to have the actual CD. All of the songs are great, but it might take a few listen throughs to actually enjoy some of them.

I'm feeling that some of their new songs are influenced by bands like Norma Jean, because they're not following the regular song fashion in all of their songs and they are A LOT harder than before. I like how their ranges can go to a loud growl to a forceful scream. But nonetheless, it's a GREAT album and DEFINITELY worth buying.

The version that leaked was unfinished, so some songs may sound a little different on the album.

I have all of their albums, I prefer the newer stuff, and the current band line up. Before "They're Only Chasing Safety", the band didn't have a definate line up and always changed on each album. I prefer the current screamer, the ones from before annoy :\

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Libra said:
The version that leaked was unfinished, so some songs may sound a little different on the album.

Actually, this one was mastered/studio quality so no sound problems. The only problems I find are the song titles. >_<

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Cloud_Unchained said:
Actually, this one was mastered/studio quality so no sound problems. The only problems I find are the song titles. >_<

The version I got sounds just fine too, but underOATH posted a message about it on their myspace. The common version thats circulating around the internet was stolen from the recording studio and leaked. They said some songs are missing guitar dubs, and back up vocals...

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Libra said:
The version I got sounds just fine too, but underOATH posted a message about it on their myspace. The common version thats circulating around the internet was stolen from the recording studio and leaked. They said some songs are missing guitar dubs, and back up vocals...

._.

Well, now I have another reason to go out and buy the real CD. I thought Writings On The Wall sounded a bit different. Other than it not being the right song either, but I can get past that.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Cloud_Unchained said:
._.

Well, now I have another reason to go out and buy the real CD. I thought Writings On The Wall sounded a bit different. Other than it not being the right song either, but I can get past that.

Retail version has leaked ^_^ (Just found it lol)

Knightflare

Website
forums.cjb.net
Cloud_Unchained said:
The oldest album I've heard of them was the one before They're Only Chasing Safety, but I prefer the later albums because of the screaming. It's not so... Rushed.
Your talking about The Changing of Times. Dallas didn't quite fit that type of style.

But Underoath is Underoath haha. I still like the Old one but the new one and old are both equally great. When I get back to America I'm so going to get the Special Edition as well as the Original.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
The song titles were screwed up on the leaked version. The retail version is much better quality and the song titles are just as fitting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back