• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Under Fallen Stars [Original Rp ~ Sign Up/OOC]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
It's still a Yu-Gi-Oh! Card though. I think it was actually called Multiply. Yugi used it against Seto using Kuriboh in the tourny that Pegasus held on the island.

@Eikre: In truth, I kinda released held in frustrations on you. Everything's been done and I like to have something unique for my charas which makes them hard to counter. But you were wrong in this chara. He's no Emo. He's just a confused Noble from a planet covered in snow. But, his name does make him sound Emo. It means Bleeding Snow.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Sorry for calling you on "being the same" as everyone else. I recently resigned as a moderator from an RP forum where everyone was some sort of Sonic the Hedgehog stereotype with very few exceptions. It's made me a bit crusty.

In reference to my taken challenge, I thought to myself "Hmmm, gee...I know! Mastery over anything containing the number eight in any way or form!" But then realized...that'd be WHAT kind of control? And had no answer.

After more fruitless brain-power spending, I realized there's only a few elements that you can really draw upon, and that any sort of power could only be made "Original" by combining it with restrictions that haven't been used before (Or used infinitely often). So, Eikre for example, can only cast his magic through music. No creation of music, no magic, though any music would work: Singing, Guitar, Flute, Drums, etc.

Another example would be if I could directly effect emotions (Empathy, really) but the restrictions would be that I'd need the following: A piece of tissue paper, the blood of a recently deceased person, a puzzle piece, and watch. Not to mention that things like helmets, air density, and size of the brain would make a difference too in power ability.

I'll see what else I can come up with, but that's my answer insofar.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Fuck, where did you see that?

you've used it before brah, can't remember where might've been that super natural high-school rp with the darkness

also

original rps thread said:
The two biggest problems I've seen are either

People can't/won't devote enough effort into the RP (though I can't say I'm not guilty of this occasionally)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Eikre said:
So, Eikre for example, can only cast his magic through music. No creation of music, no magic, though any music would work: Singing, Guitar, Flute, Drums, etc.

This one was done exactly that way in the book Sabriel. The primary focus of the magic was towards Necromancy but Sabriel, the main character, also used it to control a plane made out of paper. Good try though.

Another example would be if I could directly effect emotions (Empathy, really) but the restrictions would be that I'd need the following: A piece of tissue paper, the blood of a recently deceased person, a puzzle piece, and watch. Not to mention that things like helmets, air density, and size of the brain would make a difference too in power ability.

Had you not set up the limitations, I would have mentioned the Twilight Series because Jasper has that ability. But because you listed the limitations, you have won the challenge. Way to use the broadness of the challenge to your advantage. I'd give you double rep but that would take too long. I don't rep much.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Of course, there are other bards/spellsongs people that are in "pop" culture. In both Neverwinter Nights expansion packs, there is a kobold bard who's ability to songwrite is quote as "He rhymed 'sadder' with 'bladder', and sung fondly of his navel."

In reference to my "winning" the challenge, I have to admit it draws from the same perspective as "Not godmoding" where you have to limit your abilities. Otherwise "Power to turn things cold" could be as little as cooling my lemonade on a winter morning, or setting the entire world to 0 Kelvin (That's ~-275.15 degrees celcius, for people who don't use kelvin.) So yeah, basic courtesy wins again! :p

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Umm...who does use Kelvin? I thought the whole world stopped using it in favor of Celsius...or in the case of the US of A Farenheight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back