• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Undecided on KH Tattoo Design! Opinions Pls x

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephtx97

Awards
Hey everyone! I have a tattoo booked in for next Friday and I have the design almost entirely nailed down, except for one important distinction. The idea is to have both Axel/Lea and Saix/Isa with their hair and eyes coloured in. I’m not sure whether I should run with their original Nobody character design or their new Somebody character design!! My entire adolescence and journey with KH revolved around my adoration for Axel and Saix, especially Axel’s inverted tear marks and Saix’s amber eyes. But knowing that they’ve become restored as Somebody’s (which is what their nobodies wanted) makes me feel like I should do right by the character and portray them as their ‘true’, complete selves when they’re at their happiest? Which would mean losing Axel’s tear marks and rounding off Saix’s ears / changing his eyes back to green.
I also love their personalities as Nobodies (Axel is almost unchanged as Lea so not a big deal, but there was something about Saix’s villain demeanour that charmed me), and I feel like a nobody tattoo would represent the franchise better and pay homage to Xemnas/Xigbar (who I wish I could include but were just a tad too evil to justify). Plus I think they/their relationship are more complex as Nobodies and I barely know much about their Somebodies thus far, except for the v important notion that it’s what they really pined for as Nobodies. Idk I’m just really torn and would love to hear people’s opinions!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Heartless or Nobody symbol is probably the safest choices. Maybe Roxas' pendant design.

Or maybe the artist can do something with Saix's Claymore design and the nobody symbol? That way you honor Saix and the nobodies.

Soldier

Awards
I'd suggest doing something out of left field and get a tattoo of Dichotomy (which is the name of Saix's Claymore when using Pandora's gear)
1643158905523.png
It's honoring both Saix, Nobodies and is giving spotlight to a weapon seldom seen in the franchise. I honestly think all of the Organization's Pandora weapons are some of the best designs in the series, as they kind of parallel the Ultima weapons from the main series as Roxas's is named Omega Weapon after all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hey everyone! I have a tattoo booked in for next Friday and I have the design almost entirely nailed down, except for one important distinction. The idea is to have both Axel/Lea and Saix/Isa with their hair and eyes coloured in. I’m not sure whether I should run with their original Nobody character design or their new Somebody character design!! My entire adolescence and journey with KH revolved around my adoration for Axel and Saix, especially Axel’s inverted tear marks and Saix’s amber eyes. But knowing that they’ve become restored as Somebody’s (which is what their nobodies wanted) makes me feel like I should do right by the character and portray them as their ‘true’, complete selves when they’re at their happiest? Which would mean losing Axel’s tear marks and rounding off Saix’s ears / changing his eyes back to green.
I also love their personalities as Nobodies (Axel is almost unchanged as Lea so not a big deal, but there was something about Saix’s villain demeanour that charmed me), and I feel like a nobody tattoo would represent the franchise better and pay homage to Xemnas/Xigbar (who I wish I could include but were just a tad too evil to justify). Plus I think they/their relationship are more complex as Nobodies and I barely know much about their Somebodies thus far, except for the v important notion that it’s what they really pined for as Nobodies. Idk I’m just really torn and would love to hear people’s opinions!
I’d go with their Nobodies version. You are right that it is when their relationship is most interesting. I think it also better represents how they are night and day with the color contrast.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Also, I wouldn't make an appointment UNTIL you know exactly what you want. A good rule, to prevent getting something you don't totally love permanently marked on your body is to nail down that clear vision, print out a (rough) design of it if you are able and pin it somewhere you will see it every day for at least a month. If you still love it after that (relatively short while) then you'll be going in with much more confidence, which is best for both you and the tattoo artist.

Back