• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unchained X Release date?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Ultima

Awards
The TGS trailer for Unchained X has yet to be released and with the game already out in Japan what do you think the release date for North America and other countries will be?

X_Riky_X

I wish they would announced it tomorrow to release it to N.A. for next month (November) or december for Christmas, :biggrin: but who really knows for when, sadly :/

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Calling it right now, Square is going to drop it randomly in November. Like "Hey, it comes out tomorrow."

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Calling it right now, Square is going to drop it randomly in November. Like "Hey, it comes out tomorrow."
Right, because it's not like they don't want to ramp up the hype by tormenting us with teasers for a while longer. XD

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Right, because it's not like they don't want to ramp up the hype by tormenting us with teasers for a while longer. XD

I think they're aware of the fact that the majority of the KH fanbase are doing to Unchained what they did with every other "spinoff" and write it off as not worth their time. I even remember when someone reacted to the KH3 E3 trailer, when the Unchained Chi trailer played first he was like "Noooo, this is the shitty spinoff I'm not going to bother playing!" So, yeah, I don't think they're looking to hype up a game that it's obvious is going to be thrown into the "dumb side game" category, unfortunately. Which is sad, cause Chi is actually really awesome.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
"Noooo, this is the shitty spinoff I'm not going to bother playing!"
I honestly really hate this fanbase

Hard to even call it a fanbase when they don't even play the damn games

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The guy who reacted was one of those "Only played KH1 and 2" types. I wasn't surprised that he reacted like that.

And yeah, it was a legitimate thing back in the day to say you hadn't played most of the games due to console spread, but with the ReMIXs, you can't make that excuse anymore. And if they port them to PS4, every game will be on a single platform, so there will be zero excuse to say you don't understand the story because you didn't play the games, if you own a PS4 by that point.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The guy who reacted was one of those "Only played KH1 and 2" types. I wasn't surprised that he reacted like that.

And yeah, it was a legitimate thing back in the day to say you hadn't played most of the games due to console spread, but with the ReMIXs, you can't make that excuse anymore. And if they port them to PS4, every game will be on a single platform, so there will be zero excuse to say you don't understand the story because you didn't play the games, if you own a PS4 by that point.
It's more the outright refusal to play this free game which is releasing on a nearly-ubiquitous platform, or the refusal to play the "spin-offs" on the grounds that they... aren't Kingdom Hearts III.

The amount of bitching and moaning I see from these "fans" about "just give me KHIII, I don't care about these spinoffs, stop milking the series, blah blah blah"
It blows my mind
If they liked KH1 and KHII so much, why do they only want this one game when there are six others they could be enjoying?

I've never seen something as nonsensical and arbitrary as this fanbase's treatment of the majority of the franchise.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's more the outright refusal to play this free game which is releasing on a nearly-ubiquitous platform, or the refusal to play the "spin-offs" on the grounds that they... aren't Kingdom Hearts III.

The amount of bitching and moaning I see from these "fans" about "just give me KHIII, I don't care about these spinoffs, stop milking the series, blah blah blah"
It blows my mind
If they liked KH1 and KHII so much, why do they only want this one game when there are six others they could be enjoying?

I've never seen something as nonsensical and arbitrary as this fanbase's treatment of the majority of the franchise.

I think what is funny is that the majority of these people complaining are typically the people who you find playing Candy Crush or whatever the popular F2P game is right now. What makes a series that they claim to love so horrible to play a F2P game with? One with a ton of customization and fun quests?

The mentality of "fans" is astounding. Can somebody even be a fan if the don't want to play the other games?

I find it even more funny that my best friend who has never played a KH game in her life and doesn't really game all that much is much more willing to play all currently released games than so-called fans just because she thinks the series looks fun.

Wilford111

Awards

It blows my mind
If they liked KH1 and KHII so much, why do they only want this one game when there are sixothers they could be enjoying?

Thank you for saying this!! So I'm not the only one thinking this!
This pretty much sums up the comment section for everything and anything Square Enix posts on facebook relating to Kingdom Hearts. It's so annoying....

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The only legitimate reasoning for this was console spread. I mean, if you think about it, almost every single KH game, upon initial release, was on a different platform.

KH - PS2
CoM - GBA
KH2- PS2
Coded - Japanese-only mobile phones
Days - Nintendo DS
BBS - PSP
DDD - Nintendo 3DS
Chi - PC

That's seven different platforms right there. It truly is ridiculous. But again, there were the "Re" titles for CoM and Coded, and the ReMIXs and now a mobile port of Chi. The excuse of having to own a used car's worth of consoles to play the series is moot now.

Wildbullet

Just imagine the reaction when they meet all the characters they never knew existed, or were aware of but only read the wiki articles. Even the lazy or financially-challenged fans at least take the shortcut route and watch it at youtube. Chi is hard to comprehend though because of the language barrier.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I like to categorise Kingdom Hearts fans into two categories: casual fans and dedicated fans.

Casual Fans: They are only interested in the "main series" games either because they are "nostalgic" in "nostalgia-land", or, they were PlayStation gamers that got invested into the game either because of Disney or Final Fantasy.

Dedicated Fans: Fans who either got introduced to Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo platforms, or, had as much of an interest in the side games, which to their convenience was plot relevant.

Let casual fans be casual: it's their loss if their wonder why the somebody of Xehanort is an old bald man which has a teenage time-displaced version of himself appearing from world to world.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
There's a lot of elitism here for a video game series revolving around disney characters. While I agree the Re:Mixes have eliminated the excuse of the console spread problem (7 platforms for 8 games wtf), I think it's unreasonable to just blame the fans.

When the games first released, the fact that they were spread out made it hard to fully enjoy the games, as a lot of fans either couldn't afford or were not interested in paying all that money on a new platform for just one game they were interested in. I also think Nomura has not appropriately mapped out the story for KH, it almost feels like he's making the story up as he goes along, which put off a lot of people, including superfans such as myself. Even if these multiple spin-offs are important to the story, the average gamer, nay, the average human being these days, does not have the attention span for all these tangents. Just because the games are available now on one platform, doesn't mean all those lost fans are gonna come back. It has been around 10 years since kh2 came out afterall.

If you want to blame anyone for the lack of hype, blame Nomura and Square for relying too heavily on the good will of fans until they lost them.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this fanbase is too aggressive. no one would have a problem with the casuals if they weren't so insistent on not playing games they could out of stubbornness. and many of the dedicated fans are smug, and act like somebody forced them to play the sidegames. i'm not saying they're at fault, they shouldn't have to play all these games to understand one. not to mention the console spread but that is no longer a problem.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be different if the games were disconnected from each other, but they are connected and they are now easy to access and people who say they love the games still refuse to play. It's like saying they will watch season 8 of a show but not season 3-7 because they think it is all filler despite containing pertinent information to understand the newest season.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It would be different if the games were disconnected from each other, but they are connected and they are now easy to access and people who say they love the games still refuse to play. It's like saying they will watch season 8 of a show but not season 3-7 because they think it is all filler despite containing pertinent information to understand the newest season.

And then complain that the plot doesn't make any sense, despite choosing to not even read a Wikipedia summary of the information you skipped over.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sorry for the double post, but editing my other post won't bump the thread.

Question: Did Square ever actually say that Unchained Chi would be releasing outside of Japan in 2015? I thought I remembered them saying so, but I can't find any source that says so. It's all TBD. So, for all we know, we might not get Unchained Chi until 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back