• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unchained X NA release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but didnt kh2 hit america in 2006? which, wouldn't that mean they've kept consistent since CoM?
Well there you go.

That chart from Wikipedia didn't count for international releases or the Final Mixes and that's why KH2 was only listed for 2005.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
so kingdom hearts has released games at least annually since 2004, making 2003 the only year in 14 years to not get a KH title.

what a riot.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Anyone think they're gonna take a full year to give us Unchained Chi, and then at this year's E3 do the "It will be available immediately after this conference" thing?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Anyone think they're gonna take a full year to give us Unchained Chi, and then at this year's E3 do the "It will be available immediately after this conference" thing?

tbh that's what I've been secretly thinking but i dont want to dash any hopes for an earlier release.

Awards
I'm thinking that Beast's Castle will be the last world added to chi. And since it was just announced its coming to unchained chi, the localized release will probably be within the next 2 months. After Beast's Castle, there probably will be another story update and then after that there won't be any besides gameplay updates with maybe some side missions added here and there, because Back Cover will most likely close out the chi story.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Beast's Castle won't be the last world, there is as high chance we will see Enchanted Dominion too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Unchained was announced on the 12th of May of last year. I'm expecting this game to be released before that date, seeing as how it would be a year since it was first announced.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Unchained was announced on the 12th of May of last year. I'm expecting this game to be released before that date, seeing as how it would be a year since it was first announced.

I hope it releases before that, but like has been mentioned, a launch at E3 wouldn't shock me.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm personally assuming that the NA version will drop when Unchained reaches narrative parity with the browser version, so that Western players will be able to catch up immediately.

So, within the next month or two.
I hope.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It seems that they will deliver the three Beast's Castle updates in two pieces for Unchained but strangely enough it's also the only world so far where they changed the script noticeably so it could be more updates after all.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
It seems that they will deliver the three Beast's Castle updates in two pieces for Unchained but strangely enough it's also the only world so far where they changed the script noticeably so it could be more updates after all.
Beast's Castle was rather short for a world in PC chi, so that's not really too surprising. It probably would have been weird to finish the world in one update anyway. (I'll admit to have skipped the cutscenes in Ux on the assumption that it'd play out exactly the way it did in chi.)

Have any of the script changes revealed anything worth mentioning?

Last edited:

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
almost 6 months and counting since the japanese release lol

i keep almost forgetting about this game

Angel

NEVER GIVE UP. One day Square will drop it out of the clear blue and everybody will start freaking out.

It's not that I've given up, I've just gone from checking the app store every 6 hours to every other week. Back when I thought it was gonna come out in 2015 I got anxious every Thursday cause I noticed S-E had a pattern of dropping most games on that day of the week. Now I'm just like "eh, it'll get here when it gets here."

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's not that I've given up, I've just gone from checking the app store every 6 hours to every other week. Back when I thought it was gonna come out in 2015 I got anxious every Thursday cause I noticed S-E had a pattern of dropping most games on that day of the week. Now I'm just like "eh, it'll get here when it gets here."

I'm on your boat, too. I think the game will be released around the day it was first announced a year ago. The most late Unchained can come out is during e3.

At least those are my two cents.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm personally assuming that the NA version will drop when Unchained reaches narrative parity with the browser version, so that Western players will be able to catch up immediately.

So, within the next month or two.
I hope.

That's what I don't understand. Why can't "Unchained" just be a quirky way of saying that Chi has been released to the rest of the world? Why does "Unchained" need to have story significance? Friggin' Nomura.

NEVER GIVE UP. One day Square will drop it out of the clear blue and everybody will start freaking out.

I'm still a bit shocked that Square skipped 2015. Unchained came out for Japan, but in terms of the West, 2015 was the first year since 2008 that we haven't gotten a KH game. They finally broke the one game a year chain.

Angel

I'm still a bit shocked that Square skipped 2015. Unchained came out for Japan, but in terms of the West, 2015 was the first year since 2008 that we haven't gotten a KH game. They finally broke the one game a year chain.

but that quota only really applies to japan blah blah blah. didn't stop them from keeping it up in the USA for 7 years but whatever

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
well, it just means we'll get two kh titles this year

(hopefully)

We should, technically. We know we're getting 2.8 this year, and Square would be one step short of nuts to not release Unchained at all this year. The fact that it's still not out even now is kind of shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back