• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unchained X NA release?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh okay. I hope they at least add a short quiz or foreteller description when picking your faction, we know little about these foretellers which makes the choice that much difficult.

I wonder if they're going to finish the story and release the finished product to english speaking audiences.

Keyblade Meister

I wonder if they're going to finish the story and release the finished product to english speaking audiences.

Its possible, shows a lot of favoritism though, how they got to experience the story before we did. That's like waiting til people in japan finish kh3 before releasing it globally.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does it really take 3 months to translate and create servers for a mobile game that already exists?
The credits already list who the English translators are so I have no idea what's keeping them as they're just giving themselves more and more work.

To my knowledge the JP version was incredibly buggy and didn't run very well at all.
It was just overloaded servers for the first few days, something that was fixed quickly.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The credits already list who the English translators are so I have no idea what's keeping them as they're just giving themselves more and more work.

It was just overloaded servers for the first few days, something that was fixed quickly.

Oh okay then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Keyblade Meister

I guess its just weird that they haven't said anything about it. Did something similar happen in Japan before its release?

Keyblade Meister

If I'm remembering correctly, no. Nomura himself tweeted on the official KHUX twitter prior to its release.

Looking for myself your right. Normura frequently tweeted on the site with updates on the game's progress. There's definitely some favoritism going on here.

Wonderful

Awards
whaaaat a japanese developer shows favoritism on a japanese twitter account for the japanese version of a game releasing first in japan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
whaaaat a japanese developer shows favoritism on a japanese twitter account for the japanese version of a game releasing first in japan.
Inb4thegamersjointtrailerfavouritismvideo

It makes sense that the game was marketed in Japan prior to release, both in Famitsu and on Twitter. Mobile gaming is huge over there and has overtaken console gaming.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
If I had to venture a guess, they're either going for a Christmas release, or they're waiting for the story to catch up with Chi's...which would mean next year..

Keyblade Meister

Inb4thegamersjointtrailerfavouritismvideo

It makes sense that the game was marketed in Japan prior to release, both in Famitsu and on Twitter. Mobile gaming is huge over there and has overtaken console gaming.

I definitely understand why there's favoritism and why it was likely but its just crazy how NA didn't even get so much as a tweet since they announced the English version back in the summer but during development they had that and more.

Keyblade Meister

If I had to venture a guess, they're either going for a Christmas release, or they're waiting for the story to catch up with Chi's...which would mean next year..

I was hoping there was a 2015 release but either way is highly likely to happen.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm really surprised that Unchained hasn't been localized yet. I guess we technically can't say that Square broke their promise, because they never stated that Unchained Chi was coming this year. I made sure. I looked back at trailers and interviews and nowhere was it ever stated that Unchained was coming to other regions in 2015. We assumed so based on the fact that Japan got it this year, and that it's a goddamn 2D graphics mobile phone app (seriously, what is taking so long?). But in all fairness, we were never promised the game this year.

But still. I was expecting it to drop in November and then I was expecting early December. Now, unless they drop it on Christmas Day or some shit, idk when they plan on it coming out or why on earth they haven't released it yet. The whole idea of the "Unchained" concept was that it would be available outside of Japan, as well as a mobile experience. And yet, they give it to Japan asap and then take their sweet ass time getting it to other locations, despite Japan having had Chi on PC for 2 years prior.

Stay classy, Troll Enix.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe they wanma see if we really "unchained" from them or not haha

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I'm really surprised that Unchained hasn't been localized yet. I guess we technically can't say that Square broke their promise, because they never stated that Unchained Chi was coming this year. I made sure. I looked back at trailers and interviews and nowhere was it ever stated that Unchained was coming to other regions in 2015. We assumed so based on the fact that Japan got it this year, and that it's a goddamn 2D graphics mobile phone app (seriously, what is taking so long?). But in all fairness, we were never promised the game this year.

But still. I was expecting it to drop in November and then I was expecting early December. Now, unless they drop it on Christmas Day or some shit, idk when they plan on it coming out or why on earth they haven't released it yet. The whole idea of the "Unchained" concept was that it would be available outside of Japan, as well as a mobile experience. And yet, they give it to Japan asap and then take their sweet ass time getting it to other locations, despite Japan having had Chi on PC for 2 years prior.

Stay classy, Troll Enix.
I'm fairly sure that the localization process has been underway for some time now. The localization team have already been listed in KHUx's credits screen, as Lunafreya pointed out earlier.

tumblr_nzshdyT79o1u4jlmfo1_540.jpg

Question is, what's keeping them from releasing it already...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm fairly sure that the localization process has been underway for some time now. The localization team have already been listed in KHUx's credits screen, as Lunafreya pointed out earlier.

tumblr_nzshdyT79o1u4jlmfo1_540.jpg

Question is, what's keeping them from releasing it already...

They don't want to confuse casual fans, so they're designing a companion app with 60 pages of KH lore.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Maybe, just maybe, after the lackluster response at E3, Square Enix are slightly hesitant to release it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't recall the response being lacklustre. We got over 31, 000 views on the E3 trailer and constantly have people saying they wish they could know more about the game through actually playing it.

They just need to get their shit together and actually release it. It's been 3 months since it released in Japan and they've only gotten more work piled on top of their current workload. As someone said earlier in the thread, they are probably waiting until the story mission are done in Japan before they release it anywhere else, but that now means we've missed out on quite a few events such as the current Christmas event and limited timed medals.

Add on the fact they they are bringing Back Cover over and that needs to go hand in hand with Unchained X to tell the complete story. Not to mention there's a Chirithy plush in production that they need to bring over as well (because it's so adorable!). Square Enix needs to respect Unchained X, the Kingdom Hearts series, and the fans who have been asking for the game since day one or later, and release it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't recall the response being lacklustre. We got over 31, 000 views on the E3 trailer and constantly have people saying they wish they could know more about the game through actually playing it.

They just need to get their shit together and actually release it. It's been 3 months since it released in Japan and they've only gotten more work piled on top of their current workload. As someone said earlier in the thread, they are probably waiting until the story mission are done in Japan before they release it anywhere else, but that now means we've missed out on quite a few events such as the current Christmas event and limited timed medals.

Add on the fact they they are bringing Back Cover over and that needs to go hand in hand with Unchained X to tell the complete story. Not to mention there's a Chirithy plush in production that they need to bring over as well (because it's so adorable!). Square Enix needs to respect Unchained X, the Kingdom Hearts series, and the fans who have been asking for the game since day one or later, and release it.

I like to think board meetings at SE go something like this:

Nomura: we need to give the fans what they want!
SE: lol go draw artboy

Keyblade Meister

I agree with kingdom hearts 2.8 coming in 2016 we definitely lose out on holiday events and other perks that japan gets for having the game earlier. At least we experience the same story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back