• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unbirths: Beings Without Souls?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
The problem I have with this is that to me, infusing the soul is harder to do than just taking over the heart. It makes more sense for Unbirths to come after heartless the way you explain it. Also there was a first heartless, and I don't think they were the first Unbirth as well so I really don't agree with this evolution thing.
The only other big thing for me is the appearance change of Terra to Xehanort the apprentice. The soul isn't what dictates appearance and the switch seems to go beyond exposure to the darkness.

I like the idea of the soul being infused with darkness though.

The problem I have with this is that to me, infusing the soul is harder to do than just taking over the heart. It makes more sense for Unbirths to come after heartless the way you explain it. Also there was a first heartless, and I don't think they were the first Unbirth as well so I really don't agree with this evolution thing.
The only other big thing for me is the appearance change of Terra to Xehanort the apprentice. The soul isn't what dictates appearance and the switch seems to go beyond exposure to the darkness.

I like the idea of the soul being infused with darkness though.

the idea isn't the soul being infused, it's the soul being replaced. so instead of the soul being the life force, the body is powered completely by darkness.

Clowde

So we should assume that Unbirths existed right up to the point Xehanort sparked the heartless to be formed. Which means Xehanort did something that is physically impossible in nature, and changed the creation process of Unbirths to create Heartless and Nobodies.

Saying this, it might be possible to find out the creation process of Unbirths, by comparing it to that of the Heartless and Nobodies.

So far, we know that Xehanort sparked the creation of the heartless by abstracting darkness from one heart, and containing it within that of a pure one, and amplifying the darkness in the process. This resulted in the heart being consumed by the darkness creating a heartless.

Either Xehanort cause the extinction of Unbirths, due to a change in the natural process of things, or an event in BBS does. Could it have anything to do with MX and the giant heart in the sky?

Further study is needed.....But dinner is ready.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Like I was saying, it'd be simpler to just become a heartless rather than replace the soul in a person.

Clowde

...and that makes it sound even more complicated.

How is that more complicated?

We've already seen creatures thrive on pure darkness. The heartless. Nothing but a floating heart and darkness there and yet we fully accept it...

Im pretty sure it's possible for darkness to be the life force of an object. And this theory fits well in the "Unbirths are essentially the opposite of human life" information. Where the body should have died, it continues to live, it is, unborn, into a new form of existence.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
It makes sense all fine and dandy and I never said it wasn't possible, but it's not the logical step below heartless, it's a step above.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
What happens when you kill an unbirth? Assuming it dies like a heartless, killing one would separate the darkness from the body+heart. The body and heart never technically separated, and I don't think there'd be a reason why they would separate upon defeat. You'd be left with a body and heart. o_O

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Well in the case of this theory and those like it where the Unbirth is technically a whole being defeating one would just kill it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I liked this theory up until you said Unbirths evolved into heartless. Heartless were created by Xehanort.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I'm cloudy on that issue, I know he created the artifical ones. Pure bloods though wasn't he the first or something like that?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Though unlike souls, darkness is separable through the use of the keyblade. When you kill a heartless, you don't eliminate both the heart and darkness, just the darkness (well technically you force it to release the heart). The same rule can be applied here, can it not?

Clowde

I'm cloudy on that issue, I know he created the artifical ones. Pure bloods though wasn't he the first or something like that?

Xehanort sparked the creation of the first pureblood, and later created a machine to reproduce the process.

Ansem Report 2:
It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is. I shall conduct the following experiments:
Extract the darkness from a person's heart.
Cultivate darkness in a pure heart.
Both suppress and amplify the darkness within.
The experiments caused the test subject's heart to collapse, including those of the most stalwart. How fragile our hearts are! My treatment produced no signs of recovery. I confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle.
Some time later, I went below and was greeted by the strangest sight. Creatures that seemed born of darkness...What are they? Are they truly sentient beings? Could they be the shadows of those who lost their hearts in my experiments?

That was the first Pureblood ^

You'd still be left with a corpse that would go wherever corpses go in the KH universe.

Where ever the Nobodies body goes when it is defeated and doesn't reunite with its heart is the same place this body would go. The heart would go to Kingdom Hearts. The soul.....to heaven.

Ansem Report 8
There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart.
As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless.
This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

Creation of the Emblem heartless ^

Last edited:

Zeagal

Lick It Good
The first sounds like the nobodies, but either way I think this proves the theory wrong as far as Unbirths evolving into the Heartless go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back