• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unbirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Remember the Unbirth? Man, those were the days. Point of this thread? Reminisce back then, compare those theory and hype filled times with these "boring" days here in the KH sections.

State

Awards
REMEMBER THE AMBERS?
troll.jpg

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The Ambers were the first translation we had of the Unversed's name. It was a mistranslation, but for a short while it was accepted. NEVER FORGET, THE AMBERS.

Cheaken

Awards
The Ambers were the first translation we had of the Unversed's name. It was a mistranslation, but for a short while it was accepted. NEVER FORGET, THE AMBERS.
Really? Wow, that's kind of funny, Ambers. :) I only remember the Unbirths.

Last edited:

Stars

リク
Never heard of the Ambers thingy before.. But Unbirth..yeah.. I like how ppl making theory of the enemy in BBS last time

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I looked up the word unbirth before. I always got a very bad picture, and then some KH ones.

God I remember those days.

Ralz

Ah, yes, Unbirth. One quick look at Google, and you'll learn why they changed that real quick.

Can't say I remember Ambers, though. Maybe that was when the Birth by Sleep trailer in KH2FM was "new."

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ah, yes, Unbirth. One quick look at Google, and you'll learn why they changed that real quick.

Can't say I remember Ambers, though. Maybe that was when the Birth by Sleep trailer in KH2FM was "new."
They never changed it. Unbirths in itself was another mistranslation. It was always Unversed.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Holy shit they added a lot more nasty images on google images then the last time I looked up unbirth lmao.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Ah Yes the "Unbirth" thing, though I don't think we can blame anyone for thinking that, after all the game is called "Birth By Sleep" we had good reason to think "Unbirth" was the correct translation. I also remember the "Amber" thing. Alot of people thought Ambers were the name of the Flood Unversed back then. And since Amber seems to correspond to reddish colors alot of people started to associate the unbirth with the in between side of "Dawn" I remember back then people were saying stuff like:

1. Light = Humans
2. Dawn = Unbirth
3. Dusk = Nobodies
4. Darkness = Heartless

People were saying that unbirths were made from unborn hearts and since they hadn't been born they exist in the inbetween but before the light A.K.A the dawn. XD

Good times, good times.

Awards
I still believe they actually were supposed to be the "Unbirth" for a few reasons, the two big ones being:

1. It's Birth by Sleep. I don't think that's a coincidence. By the time we got the finished product, really, the game has hardly anything to do with that term at all. It's only mentioned in the secret ending, and only there as a vague concept. You would figure Nomura would have a better reason for that choice.

2. Nomura has already admitted that he essentially dumbed the game down because he thought some of the more Eastern concepts would not be understood by Western fans. For instance, Sora was supposed to have connected with Ven's heart, in Nomura's original conception, before he was born. You know. Pre-birth. Unborn so to speak. Instead, he altered this so that he connected to Ven when he was born.

So my thinking is that if Nomura really thought we were too stupid to understand that, then if the enemies themselves were based around a similar concept, he may have opted to change their entire nature. And given that "Unversed" and "Unbirth" are homonyms in the Japanese language, he made the swap. I mean, really, the reason they gave for their names is probably one of the dumbest things to come out of this series. WE DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM SO WE WILL CALL THEM UNVERSED. Which is a damn shame because they ended up being nothing more than pointless filler enemies.

Also, on topic:
Dis-soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back