• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► ummm what exactly do I do if...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAIRI_SUX

what do I do if I have a very good friend but he wants to be my boyfriend but I dont want one yet. What do I say? Im scared of hurting his feelings but I'll better tell him before he asks me and I reject him.

ps. It's not you Envy21x

Rix

:)
Awards
Well... You should just let him know that you are not ready for a boyfriend yet. Simply as that. He might get a little hurt, but just put it in a way that is as nice as possible.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
If the person hasn't asked you yet then how do you know if he will or not?

Either way, ask him if he likes you and then tell him you're not ready for a boyfriend and not to get too attached.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
what do I do if I have a very good friend but he wants to be my boyfriend but I dont want one yet. What do I say? Im scared of hurting his feelings but I'll better tell him before he asks me and I reject him.

ps. It's not you Envy21x

Lol @ the bolded part.

His feelings wont be hurt if you explain you're not ready for one yet, as that's not to do with him as a person.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
String him along and have him buy you shit to earn your love, milk this shit for all it's worth.

Cissy

Bronze Member
If he asks, just tell him you're not ready.

Simple as that.

But don't bring it up if he doesn't. You don't want a missunderstanding on your hands.

His feelings will be hurt, yes, but there's nothing you can do about that. You just got to give him space, and then coax him through it. Tell him to meet other girls, etc.

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
Well just explain to him how you feel. Easy. Hopefull he'll understand. Try to do guy friend type dates instead. That way it shows him that it's better to just be friends.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Nice and easy, make sure to tell him you can still hang out and stuff, and that you hope they can still be friends

Y

Yannis

"You are nice and I like you, but Im not ready to be in relationship with ANYONE now."

It works.. Say it.. And you see it works.. The special word is "anyone".. So the boy doesnt think that just he is not becoming your boyfriend.. You understand?

Though dont say it if you dont mean it. You must speak the truth. Dont go personal with him, dont say that you just want to be friends with him. This would close his hopes for being your boyfriend. Still even if you know that you always just friends, dont say it out loud. Dont say the "just friends" never say it!

Dont close the chances of you two being lovers for him, even if you have closed it for yourself..

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Well there isn't much else to say ontop of what everyone else has said...

Its just gotta be like "I'm sorry, but I'm not ready for a boyfriend, but I still wanna be friends"... that sorta thing

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Just try telling him politely you don't feel that way and let him know that you're not interested. And if you don't want to hurt him, just tell him that you like him better as friends and say something like, 'What would happen if we became a couple and lost our friendship?' I mean if you want to keep being friends with him and make it less awkward. If that makes sense. Sorry if this doesn't help. Although I did deal with this, a couple of times before. Trust me, it wasn't easy.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Tell him you're a lesbian.

D:

Just kidding. Uh, just set him straight from the beginning. "Lol I don't like you, but we could be great friends." I dunno.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If he makes a move and tells you that he likes you, just tell him that you want to wait a while before dating someone and that it's nothing against him. You just don't want to date. If he's really serious about you and still wants to be your friend, I'm sure he'll understand and wait. If he doesn't...well, you can probably tell what he wants. :<

Just make sure that you don't go and date someone a week later...He may go insane I think... hm.

As long as you're true to your word I'm pretty sure nothin'll go wrong.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Yeah, this shit is a lost cause. Depends on how much he likes you really. Some dudes just give up after you tell them " you just wanna be friends" or they'll try it out and then see you flirting with other dudes and basically giving them a big "FUCK YOU" then you have arguments and ruined friendship and etc etc.

Yeah I'm a bitter recipient of this shit.. but good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back