• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Um. Who beat him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Defeated is a word reserved for being beaten in some kind of competition or battle. That is the definition of the word. You are not using the word according to it's definition. Therefore, you are using the word incorrectly, and confusion and complaints result from that.

riku_kicks_butt

Dictionary.com Type in defeated. The third definition would be on my side. Since your taking away something that is expected. A heart. And there was definately a competition too. Im sure the person fought against it. Even if it was for just a second.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You want to get into deep semantics or what? You using the word defeat is correct, should someone lose their Heart at the conclusion of a battle they lost. Using the word in any other circumstance, though, brings about the frustration you've just seen. It's easier for you and others to simply use the word defeat, because you won't have to defend your use of it, and people won't have to get frustrated over you using it in its far-less-common usage.

The point still stands, though, that loss of one's Heart and one's defeat are not mutually inclusive.

EDIT: Not to mention, even over all these semantics, Terranort wasn't 'beaten'. He, by his own will, opened himself up the Darkness. It's not a defeat if you do it to yourself. More like a victory, since, in the short-term, he got what he wanted.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Dictionary.com Type in defeated. The third definition would be on my side. Since your taking away something that is expected. A heart. And there was definately a competition too. Im sure the person fought against it. Even if it was for just a second.

Your definition is not the commonly used definition of the word "Defeated". Therefore it confuses most people when you use it in the way you are. It's much less confuse and much more acceptable among the KH fandom to speak of the process of becoming a heartless like the rest of us do.

I have seen very few people ever use the word "Defeated" or "Killed" when refering to how one becomes a heartless, and all of those times the person was simply confused on the process of becoming a heartless, and did not know the difference between being defeated and becoming a heartless.

You however seem to be very stubborn. What you call "defeated" is not what "defeated" means in KH. You sir, are wrong.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If you want to discuss or argue about KH rules, you argue by the rules and lingo of the KH universe.

Plain and simple.

riku_kicks_butt

Ok. Then Ill keep it in mind that a lot of ppl in here dont remember things from the world outside there video game. And really. theres no point in this thread being open anymore. Were so off topic

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, people do remember what words mean outside of a video game. Most don't know the more obscure definitions of a single word you insist upon using despite your want to convey an understandable message.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Seriously. The more this thread continues, the more I begin to believe this to be a troll thread.

moonboy

How did Terranort get defeated to become a heartless and nobody? Its been a while since I played the games. So i couldve just forgot.

IIRC according to the Ansem Reports of KH1 (most of them written by Terranort) he willingly became a Heartless-- the Nobody was something a which also came to be as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back