• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Um. Who beat him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
some time after bbs xehanort and the other apprentices became experimenting with the hearts/darkness. during this time they all became heartless and, because of their strong hearts, nobodies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terranort, aka Xehanort the Apprentice, lost his heart to the darkness. He wasn't defeated in battle.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
^^ Hey. Whats with all the ugh's? Its not my fault i dont have time to consistently come on the computer and see if there telling us things that didnt really sound that important
lolz sorry. im kinda a kingdom hearts nerd (why else would i be on this site?!?!) and i hate it when i have to do constant explaining. i realized i was kinda harsh so i edited and took out the ugh.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's mentioned in the Secret Ansem Reports from KH2.

Secret Ansem Report 3

Chaos affect not only this world, but many other worlds besides. In the "Ansem Reports" my apprentice Xehanort had written under my name, I found the records of his hideous experiments along with his hypothesis about the door that had appeared out of the darkness in my basement. All living things have hearts, and all hearts hold darkness deep within. Worlds are no exception. If a world is a being, the heart it holds must be colossal... ...and the darkness at its core must be monstrous indeed. Did Xehanort pass through that door in an attempt to contact that dark realm? No, not only Xehanort. It appears my other five apprentices, believing it was for the sake of research, stared deep into the darkness and were pulled into it. Even, Ienzo, Braig, Dilan, and Aeleus... They have ceased to be human.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
He willingly became a Heartless, nobody defeated him.

HOWEVER, it could be possible that Master Xehanort influenced the transformation into a Heartless.

Also, we don't know what process he used to be overtaken by darkness. For all we know, he may have used his Keyblade on himself, split MX's heart and Terra's, and MX's heart may have become Ansem SOD.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
How did Terranort get defeated to become a heartless and nobody? Its been a while since I played the games. So i couldve just forgot.

Someone has not been paying attention to the story.

You don't become a heartless and nobody by being defeated, that has never ever ever been the case in KH.

You become a heartless by either having your heart consumed by darkness whether that be darkness in general or letting the darkness of your own heart consume you. Or you become a heartless when your heart is taken by another heartless.

And you only become a nobody if your heart becomes a heartless, and even then you will only become a nobody if you had a strong heart and will, and even then you must have had a super strong heart and will to become a humanoid nobody.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now young Xehanort/Terranort willingly gave his heart to the darkness. Due to having such a huge amount of darkness and also probably due to having the hearts of two keyblade wielders merged, he was able to keep his sense of self even as a heartless. Once he became a heartless, his body and soul (A.K.A Terra's body and soul) became his nobody, Xemnas.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And in case your wondering, MX never became a heartless or nobody when he released his heart. Because not once was his heart consumed by darkness, it automaticaly entered Terra. And since MX did not create a heartless, it was impossible for a nobdoy to be created, so his body simply faded out of existence.

Finally when Terranort stabbed himself with the keyblade, he was locking his heart, not unlocking it. By locking Terra and MX's hearts he in turned locked away their memories, thus explaining why when Ansem found Terranort/Young Xehanort that Terranort had lost all memories except for the name "Xehanort"

riku_kicks_butt

Someone has not been paying attention to the story.

You don't become a heartless and nobody by being defeated, that has never ever ever been the case in KH.

You become a heartless by either having your heart consumed by darkness whether that be darkness in general or letting the darkness of your own heart consume you. Or you become a heartless when your heart is taken by another heartless.

And you only become a nobody if your heart becomes a heartless, and even then you will only become a nobody if you had a strong heart and will, and even then you must have had a super strong heart and will to become a humanoid nobody.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now young Xehanort/Terranort willingly gave his heart to the darkness. Due to having such a huge amount of darkness and also probably due to having the hearts of two keyblade wielders merged, he was able to keep his sense of self even as a heartless. Once he became a heartless, his body and soul (A.K.A Terra's body and soul) became his nobody, Xemnas.

---------------------------------------------------------------

And in case your wondering, MX never became a heartless or nobody when he released his heart. Because not once was his heart consumed by darkness, it automaticaly entered Terra. And since MX did not create a heartless, it was impossible for a nobdoy to be created, so his body simply faded out of existence.

Finally when Terranort stabbed himself with the keyblade, he was locking his heart, not unlocking it. By locking Terra and MX's hearts he in turned locked away their memories, thus explaining why when Ansem found Terranort/Young Xehanort that Terranort had lost all memories except for the name "Xehanort"

I know you had to willingly do it. But it usually seems to happen due to a loss in battle. Like Sora won the battle but lost the war when Kairi was gone. So he became one.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I know you had to willingly do it. But it usually seems to happen due to a loss in battle. Like Sora won the battle but lost the war when Kairi was gone. So he became one.

What? No, you don't have to willingly let your heart be consumed by darkness to become a heartless. Heartless are created whenever the heart is consumed by darkness, willingly or not. Or if their heart is taken by another heartless.

And nobodies are only created when someone becomes a heartless.

The reason Sora became a heartless is because he used the dark heart keyblade that had a the special ability of being able to unlock a heart to darkness, which could cause someone to have their heart consumed by darkness. This happened with Sora, he unlocked his and Kairi's heart, Kairi's heart returned to her body, and Sora's heart was consumed by darkness due to the dark heart keyblade's ability to let darkness flow into the heart.

it had nothing to do with Sora being defeated or whatever.

riku_kicks_butt

What? No, you don't have to willingly let your heart be consumed by darkness to become a heartless. Heartless are created whenever the heart is consumed by darkness, willingly or not. Or if their heart is taken by another heartless.

And nobodies are only created when someone becomes a heartless.

The reason Sora became a heartless is because he used the dark heart keyblade that had a the special ability of being able to unlock a heart to darkness, which could cause someone to have their heart consumed by darkness. This happened with Sora, he unlocked his and Kairi's heart, Kairi's heart returned to her body, and Sora's heart was consumed by darkness due to the dark heart keyblade's ability to let darkness flow into the heart.

it had nothing to do with Sora being defeated or whatever.

Its kinda willing though. Cuz your willing to tamper with darkness. and you know the risk

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Its kinda willing though. Cuz your willing to tamper with darkness. and you know the risk

No it's not that way everytime. Let me give you a few examples of people becoming heartless against their will.

1. When Maleficent used the heartless to take over Radiant Gardens, many citizens lost their hearts to the darkness and became heartless. They did not choose to lose their hearts, the heartless took them.

2. The man in Traverse Town at the begining of KH1, We saw his heart taken by a solider heartless.

3. According to Zexion some of Destiny Islands residents lost their hearts during the heartless storm in KH1. These people did not choose to have their hearts consumed by darkness.

And I can go on with this, but point is heartless are not created by being defeated, and it is not always the case that the person has to willingly allow their heart to be consumed by darkness.

riku_kicks_butt

No it's not that way everytime. Let me give you a few examples of people becoming heartless against their will.

1. When Maleficent used the heartless to take over Radiant Gardens, many citizens lost their hearts to the darkness and became heartless. They did not choose to lose their hearts, the heartless took them.

2. The man in Traverse Town at the begining of KH1, We saw his heart taken by a solider heartless.

3. According to Zexion some of Destiny Islands residents lost their hearts during the heartless storm in KH1. These people did not choose to have their hearts consumed by darkness.

And I can go on with this, but point is heartless are not created by being defeated, and it is not always the case that the person has to willingly allow their heart to be consumed by darkness.

Yes. Willingly or being defeated. which is like what i said earlier. If your not defeated and you become a heartless. you were doing something willingly knowing the danger of darkness. The three instances you named were results of being defeated

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes. Willingly or being defeated. which is like what i said earlier. If your not defeated and you become a heartless. you were doing something willingly knowing the danger of darkness. The three instances you named were results of being defeated

No being defeated is not the same as what I stated, being defeated is just that, your defeated. It doesn't mean you become a heartless. If that was true, then every Disney Villian in KH would have became a heartless.

Having your heart taken or consumed unwillingly is not the same as being defeated.

riku_kicks_butt

No being defeated is not the same as what I stated, being defeated is just that, your defeated. It doesn't mean you become a heartless. If that was true, then every Disney Villian in KH would have became a heartless.

Having your heart taken or consumed unwillingly is not the same as being defeated.

Yes. But your defeated when that happens. losing is losing. no matter how you look at it

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You're phrasing it as if you mean "defeated in battle", which isn't the case with becoming a Heartless. To become one, you have to lose your heart to the darkness; it doesn't matter how you do it, you just have to lose it to darkness.

Defeated in the way you're using it is like Sora defeating Ursula, or Clayton. Did they produce Heartless? No. Because their hearts weren't consumed by darkness. They merely lost the battle.

And I'll repeat myself once more:

Defeated in battle =/= Losing your heart to darkness

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yes. But your defeated when that happens. losing is losing. no matter how you look at it

What? You're not making any sense. Why then when Leon defeated Sora in Traverse Town in KH1 did Sora not become a heartless, if what you are saying is true?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
This arguement, it makes my head bleed. I didn't think anyone could mix up the concept of how a Heartless is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back