• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Ultra-Critical Mode" Challenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Introduction

Let's face it. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is an easy game. I seriously didn't mind at first, it kept bugging me. "This game needs a challenge." Seeing games like Final Fantasy X with the No Sphere Grid (NSG) challenge and even Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix with Critical Mode, I felt something could be done with this great DS game. That's when I created the L1KKNMNAMA (Ultra-Critical Mode) Challenge, to do exactly as it says, challenge the player and to give a reason to pick the game back up.

What is L1KKNMNAMA?

Yes this a long abbreviation and much harder to say than Ultra-Critical Mode. But this is the more technical way to refer to the game. Let's go through each part of the term:

- L1 = Level 1 (No level panels)
- KK = Kingdom Key (No weapon panels)
- NM = No Magic (No magic panels)
- NA = No Accessories (No ring panels)
- MA = Minimal Abilities (Specified in the next section)

Just call it Ultra-Critcal Mode. It's much easier. ;) Like the name is supposed to say, this is be the ultimate Days challenge. The goal is to beat the Story Mode of the game on Proud Mode, while following all of these restrictions.

So what's left in my arsenal?

Well, there's not much. :p But I'll give the short list.

- Kingdom Key (Kingdom Key+ and Kingdom Key++ are allowed but you don't get them until basically the post-game so, you'll be relying on Kingdom Key the majority of your time.)
- Items (Potions and Hi-Potions will become your healing methods, while you will start to make use of the Limit Recharge to deal more damage. Also take note that Ether items become useless.)
- Minimal Abilities:
* Scan (Optional, but convenient.)
* Dodge Roll (One of your "friends" during this playthrough. You can ONLY level it up. You may not add extra links besides the level up to it.)
* Block (Your other "friend." The same rules apply to this as Dodge Roll.)
* Final Limit (Note: If you really want to be hardcore, don't use it. The extra damage does help though...)

I can't beat this mission...

1. Okay, I know. Some missions require different abilities, such as High Jump or Glide. You may only use that needed ability, spell, etc. when the game requires so. I mean, there's nothing you can do.
-OR-
2. If you are having trouble on any mission, feel free to reply to this thread with the mission name or number and I will make walkthrough for that mission.

Walkthrough (Having a Hard Time?)

No use making a whole walkthrough if you don't need it. :p Reply with the mission you need help with and I will try to put it into this section.

Tips

Don't worry, I will fill this section out as I play through it. ;)

Closing

HAVE FUN. If you have suggestions or questions, just reply to this thread or PM me.

Thanks and Happy Gaming,
Lanxx

Magic

Sounds very difficult, but I will probably try this out next time I play Days, to see what it is like.

Jakek9

I found days moderatly easy in teh story mode. For some reason, it got a bit harder in mission mode. I easily killed the 6 heartless in Story Mode, they kill me alot in Mission mode.

But I might give this a try sometime.

Silfarion

Is this supposed to be done in proud mode? (wait, I think it's quite obvious)
This is very difficult once you start to fight bosses and some strong enemies. Being only lvl 1 and only using kingdom key plus no magic is really a pain in the ass.

αsiя

space coke
I could barely beat Days in proud mode. These challenges are a waste to me.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
αsiя;5037180 said:
I could barely beat Days in proud mode. These challenges are a waste to me.

Really? I found Days to be the most easy KH game. I created this so people could try it and if you don't feel up to it, then don't do it. That's the whole
point of it. To give the people who didn't have a hard time with it a challenge.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
This challenge is FUN!!!!:D
I'm actually being challanged playing like this....

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Glad to see someone is trying it! :D
Personally, I haven't gotten that far yet but that's because I'm playing FFVIII right now... :p
Fighting Xion is hard,tho.
I can only get to her Third Form.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i've beated dark riku and dark saix in multiplayer mode with just myself in level 1 but... with strong accessories and tons of cure and cura. it's pretty time consuming though. doing xion on level 1 is like impossible. o.o

Awards
I actually picked up Days yesterday since I hadn't played it in months and decided to do a few boss fights. But even in multiplayer mode, Roxas was too jacked. So I decided to start on a clean slate (even though I could have removed all of the abilities manually), with a run through of story mode. Incidentally, I saw this topic so I thought, "What the hell, why not?"

Basically just skipping over all the dialogue and cut scenes and only doing missions that are fighting-centric (as in, I'm not going to do an optional recon or sigil mission).
So far I'm on Day 99. Not too much of a struggle. A few deaths here and there, but mostly due to impatience and carelessness. Otherwise, I surprised myself with how much i remembered about enemy fighting patterns and counter attacking at the right time.

I'm on the Antlion right now. Only died twice but figured I'd stop for now, so I'm not sure whether or not I'm stuck. All of his phases aside from one are fairly easy. It's just when he does that whirlwind while hurling the blocks that gets me. I'm trying to dodge roll away from him while dodging the blocks, but when I stop to hit the blocks back at him, he's usually on me already and spins me around. That, or I take too long to distance myself from him and the blocks explode before I hit him. Air slide would help a hell of a lot here.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I actually picked up Days yesterday since I hadn't played it in months and decided to do a few boss fights. But even in multiplayer mode, Roxas was too jacked. So I decided to start on a clean slate (even though I could have removed all of the abilities manually), with a run through of story mode. Incidentally, I saw this topic so I thought, "What the hell, why not?"

Basically just skipping over all the dialogue and cut scenes and only doing missions that are fighting-centric (as in, I'm not going to do an optional recon or sigil mission).
So far I'm on Day 99. Not too much of a struggle. A few deaths here and there, but mostly due to impatience and carelessness. Otherwise, I surprised myself with how much i remembered about enemy fighting patterns and counter attacking at the right time.

I'm on the Antlion right now. Only died twice but figured I'd stop for now, so I'm not sure whether or not I'm stuck. All of his phases aside from one are fairly easy. It's just when he does that whirlwind while hurling the blocks that gets me. I'm trying to dodge roll away from him while dodging the blocks, but when I stop to hit the blocks back at him, he's usually on me already and spins me around. That, or I take too long to distance myself from him and the blocks explode before I hit him. Air slide would help a hell of a lot here.

I thought the exact same thing about Air Slide, but it's "unnatural" in a way. So I decided to disclude it. I truly have not tried it yet, but after I sit down my PSP :p I'll get to playing it. And you're right, discluding the optional missions may help (until you get the Kingdom Key+) , but instead of aiming for just completion, I thought it would be better to just beat everything.

But thank you for trying this challenge. I'm glad people actually like the idea enough to try it. :D

Awards
I thought the exact same thing about Air Slide, but it's "unnatural" in a way. So I decided to disclude it. I truly have not tried it yet, but after I sit down my PSP :p I'll get to playing it. And you're right, discluding the optional missions may help (until you get the Kingdom Key+) , but instead of aiming for just completion, I thought it would be better to just beat everything.

But thank you for trying this challenge. I'm glad people actually like the idea enough to try it. :D

Honestly, after I beat the Antlion, there were too many nearly impossible missions for me not to equip air dash.
I'm around Day 170 and I can safely say that, had I not used air dash, I would have quit a while ago. For instance, I could rarely ever dodge the homing attacks of those heartless canons with dodge roll alone. And considering that one hit from them nearly OHKOs.

Anyway, just a little progress update. I beat the Infernal Engine a while ago. I was tempted to quick because it literally seemed like it would take forever. But I found a way to loop him. When he starts to fire the canon from his mouth, block a couple. They'll deflect back to the little heartless archers on top of the Engine. But only kill two of the archers and leave the third (otherwise he spews out a box of heartless and all 3 archers will respawn later). This way, with one archer left, the other two will not come back and you'll only have to deal with dodging the arrows of one rather than three.

After that, it's pretty simple to loop him. Continue to combo the engine, and he'll start to charge that ramming/radar device. Attacking the device will do extra damage. When the energy around it turns white, air dash as far away as possible (around where the statues are on the bridge) so that when he charges/rams, he'll be out of reach. Then go back and repeat, but just be mindful of the archer. He won't do any other attacks if you do this right.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Honestly, after I beat the Antlion, there were too many nearly impossible missions for me not to equip air dash.
I'm around Day 170 and I can safely say that, had I not used air dash, I would have quit a while ago. For instance, I could rarely ever dodge the homing attacks of those heartless canons with dodge roll alone. And considering that one hit from them nearly OHKOs.

Anyway, just a little progress update. I beat the Infernal Engine a while ago. I was tempted to quick because it literally seemed like it would take forever. But I found a way to loop him. When he starts to fire the canon from his mouth, block a couple. They'll deflect back to the little heartless archers on top of the Engine. But only kill two of the archers and leave the third (otherwise he spews out a box of heartless and all 3 archers will respawn later). This way, with one archer left, the other two will not come back and you'll only have to deal with dodging the arrows of one rather than three.

After that, it's pretty simple to loop him. Continue to combo the engine, and he'll start to charge that ramming/radar device. Attacking the device will do extra damage. When the energy around it turns white, air dash as far away as possible (around where the statues are on the bridge) so that when he charges/rams, he'll be out of reach. Then go back and repeat, but just be mindful of the archer. He won't do any other attacks if you do this right.

Thank you for the help! :D When I start doing the walkthrough, you will be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back