• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ultimate Writing Challenge (Fun) Voting Poll

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who was your Favorite Writer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hi Everyone!

I know a few of you wanted to vote for your favorite writers and their stories. Thus, this thread was created! We had a great turn out with all of the challenges submitted for this contest! Everyone should be proud of themselves for taking part in this challenge. It was absolutely mind boggling to see what hidden talents everyone had! Who knew we had some outstanding writers waiting to shine? I want to thank everyone for partaking in the Ultimate Summer Writing Challenge! So without further ado... THANK YOU!

[Information]

• You get to pick more than one person to vote for!
  • You must pick one Story Challenge this person has done and tell us what you like about it!
  • And that's it! Have fun with it! :)

[Links]

To see what they've written, please click here. To see their own individual threads, check here and here. If you're wondering why this thread was titled "Fun" its because, this is one of two polls that are being created as of right now. C:​

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Haha, I'll need a moment alone with everybody's stories before I cast my final vote, but I know of several that I want to vote for. (And no, I'm not voting for myself!)

Thanks for making this poll, Kat; I'll edit this post later with the peeps I've chosen and their top stories!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Like Chibi, I also need some time. Mainly, I have to play catch up on some stories for a few people. I don't want to vote and comment (even for fun) until I have given everything of everybody's a read.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
And a third mention of needing to finish reading before I cast a vote for favorite stories. I do know one that's a clear winner in my book, but I want to look at some of the others too. *hint: The winner has something to do with two friends that have found their hearts again...*

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Ok, enough dilly-dallying! We wanted this poll, and I'll be darned if we don't pick some stories!

So many to choose from though...I'll limit myself to a top 3. These 3 really stood out to me in both writing and emotional appeal to the plot. No particular order!

Max's Survival/Apocalypse - The Room at the End of the World:
This story was wonderfully written, and it really captured the sense that mankind was in dire peril. Even when the threat of death is imminent, one man goes out of his way to do everything he can for a little girl. She's a complete stranger to him, but he cares. Part responsibility, part longing, and all kindness drives the man to spend their last moments together as the world inevitably falls apart around them. There IS no ray of hope. There's only that one room at the end of the world.

Kudos, Max! I loved your stories! This was my absolute favorite one out of the plethora you had to offer!

Master Spockanort's Friendship - Hope for a Chance:
Isa and Lea. As much as the two of them have been through, we all cling to the belief that Isa still holds some sort of friendship with Lea close to his heart. The one he just got back fully. This story was amazingly written and crafted by all of our dreams that one day, no matter their past aggressions; ANYONE can look back and still end up changing the future.

I don't care that it took you a long time to get it out to us, but I absolutely ADORED this story. I already complimented your writing prowess, and other than the amazing friendship story you weaved through words; what else is there to say?

Sugar Lips' Fluffy(?) - Let's Runaway?:
I read through this a few days ago and was originally a bit confused about the pacing. After I read through it again before voting, I decided that it's actually PERFECT. Zero and Kaz are characters that I would love to see more of. How did they meet Trish? Who exactly is the villain? Why is there a war...and what do Zero and Kaz have to do with it, exactly? This would make a great yarn for the future, and it has amazing potential to be expanded upon!

Maybe it wasn't your original intent, but I loved the whole thing from start to finish Kat! I'd like to see more of this amazing fantasy realm you've now teased me with. Your writing is superb, and the plot of the story has a hint of mystery about the characters' pasts and futures...

Well, I hope nobody feels too put-out if I didn't vote for you! I loved every story in this competition, but I just had to narrow it down. I'm excited and ready for the next time we can do this thing together!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, considering I was the one that kinda suggested the idea, I guess I kinda have to vote, huh? Following Chibi's example, I'm just listing my top three stories here, although everybody put up absolutely AMAZING stories!

Chibihearts249: Hotel California: Freaking fantastic, girl. I loved the feel of the story, it was a combination of surreal and eerie. You did a terrific job incorporating the lyrics into the tale. Great writing, and good luck in your writing goals.

Takusi Rena: Multiuniverse Story: OMG, I can't breathe! This is just classic Rena, and I love her for her childish nature and how resilient she is. And Aex's concern for her is both funny and really sweet. I'd love to see this show up in Chaos or Reality. Think there's any chance of it?

Master Spockanort: Hope for a Chance/Hope for Ice Cream: We have a winner! Hands down, your story's probably the best friendship fic we had in the whole month, Spock. You captivated Isa and Lea perfectly, and Kit Kat's right; I'd love to see SE do something like that in KH3. The story was sweet, but it hurt to read at times because Isa's emotions came through so clearly and so powerfully. You're an inspiration, Spock, and I hope I can keep my own portrayals of Isa as in character as you've done yours.

Again, well done to everybody. It was great writing with you all, and I hope we can do it again soon.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ugh, I haven't had and will not have enough time to read and vote on all of these stories. I will read them when I'm freer and post comments on those individual threads, but I'm sorry I missed the voting deadline anyway. I look forward to reading these stories!

ChibiHearts249

Awards
@Eternal Dream: I've got a vote...? ;^;
I'm unconditionally happy that my voting bar is blue! You have no idea how much it was bothering me to know that X'D
Although I envy Spock's aqua color...

These were LITERALLY my first thoughts :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have a few things I want to say about this thread before I go on about who I voted for. I deeply apologize for not having a longer extended poll. It didn't occur to me to make it longer since, I didn't want to hold you guys up if you had read everything already. :3 With that said, it was poor thinking on my part to forget you guys might not have. So those that didn't get voted on it time, I'm really sorry. And now onto something less depressing to talk about!

I could have voted for all of you because, you guys are absolutely amazing with every story you've written for this challenge. I fell in love with quite a few stories that I wanted to read more of -- while other stories made me laugh and smile. It really was a lot of fun getting to read those stories and I hope nobody is put on by me for limiting myself to one person? I've saved quite a few stories to read about again and again because, they were that good. So those I didn't vote for, I kept your stories to read and I look forward to reading them many times over. :)

CD-Mann: Light Up the Night

It goes without saying how much I loved reading this story. The sheer craziness of everything going down made me laugh so hard. I felt like I couldn't breathe and it made me smile a lot. I'm really curious if writing it at all made you laugh? Or where did you come up with such pure golden moments?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back