• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Ultimate Spider-Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
There's been news about Marvel making a brand new animated Spider-Man based off of the Ultimate comics, and the trailer that aired a few months ago has now made its way online (not in the highest of quality, but decent nonetheless):

I gotta say, I'm glad to see that the animation is a step-up from Spectacular Spidey's. That was undoubtedly my only gripe about that show (and everything else about it was so on point that it was a very small gripe to begin with).

So I figured with the trailer finally being up, I'd go ahead and start the thread. Chime in on with you think of it.

Esso

Fire Breaker
In comparison to Spectacular Spiderman, the art style looks better in my opinion. But the animation was totally superb. Really hoping this'll fill in the gap left in my heart after Spectacular was cancelled and have action scenes just as good.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Spider-toast was adorable.

So long as they don't turn Shocker into a stereotypical Texan, and don't use his Ultimate comics design (I'm praying so hard on that one), I'm really looking forward to this.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Just saw that trailer now. Good lord my hype is immense for this, it looks awesome.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Drake Bell as Spider-Man...... hmm...... I'm not quite sure- *watches trailer* I'm sold. C'mon 2012~

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Yup. I'm surprised at the quality of the animation. I'd only seen some of Spectacular Spider-Man, surprise how well this looks. I also like the darker setting it seems to be in.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Y'all referring to the trailer in the first post?

Yep. It looks lke Spectacular Spider-Man made love to Young Justice, and tossed in a little bit of anime for the expressions, Toaster Spider-Man was just awesome and you know it.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Yup. I'm surprised at the quality of the animation. I'd only seen some of Spectacular Spider-Man, surprise how well this looks. I also like the darker setting it seems to be in.

Personally, from the little we've seen, I definitely think the animation is a step up from Spectacular Spidey, but I can't speak on it being darker. You say you've only seen some of Spectacular Spidey; I suggest watching both seasons all the way through. It may piss you off since Spectacular Spidey is easily the best Spider-Man show ever to be shown and you'll be annoyed at the fact that it was cancelled, but you'll see exactly what I mean. It may not have had the most mature animation style, but the narrative was far from child's play. So far, Ultimate seems like a step backwards in that regard, but we'll have to wait for the final product to say for sure.

So long as they don't turn Shocker into a stereotypical Texan, and don't use his Ultimate comics design (I'm praying so hard on that one), I'm really looking forward to this.

I feel you. Really, Shocker was one of the few Spidey villains I was well aware of before I got deep into the mythos. But after an issue I just read, I do think that the Ultimate Shocker was definitely a ton of wasted potential. In this single issue, they fleshed him out as much as any other Spidey villain in the Ultimate run. I actually felt sorry for the guy. By its end, I felt like Bendis was trying to rectify the fact that Shocker is nothing more than a joke in his universe. It's issue #122 if you're interested. Only thing is, this is during Stuart Immonen's run as the artist, and I can't stand his portrayal of Ultimate Spidey. Next to Bagley, it's piss poor.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
It may piss you off since Spectacular Spidey is easily the best Spider-Man show ever to be sho-
I'm gonna stop you right there.
[video=youtube;KZw64rBswqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZw64rBswqc[/video]
It may be dated, but it's the longest running spider-man cartoon for a damn good reason. And Mark Hamill voiced Hobgoblin, so.

I feel you. Really, Shocker was one of the few Spidey villains I was well aware of before I got deep into the mythos. But after an issue I just read, I do think that the Ultimate Shocker was definitely a ton of wasted potential. In this single issue, they fleshed him out as much as any other Spidey villain in the Ultimate run. I actually felt sorry for the guy. By its end, I felt like Bendis was trying to rectify the fact that Shocker is nothing more than a joke in his universe. It's issue #122 if you're interested. Only thing is, this is during Stuart Immonen's run as the artist, and I can't stand his portrayal of Ultimate Spidey. Next to Bagley, it's piss poor.

I just can't see Ultimate Shocker being redeemable in any form or fashion. But he's been a joke in every depiction of him for years now, and it's really depressing. He has the potential to be a real high class villain, tearing down entire cities if he wanted.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Eh, that's your opinion, but I'm far from the only person to believe Spectacular Spidey is the best Spider-Man show to date. But agree to disagree and all that jazz.

As for Shocker, I'm definitely not arguing that he's become a joke in recent years, including in the Ultimate story. Since I agree with you, I was pointing out that story in case you hadn't read it as I thought you'd be pleasantly surprised with it, like I was.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
This looks like an interesting series. I think Bell can pull of a convincing Spider-Man for this show. The only spiderman cartoon I watched a lot of was the first animated show that came out in the 90s and I saw a few episodes of Spectacular spiderman which was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back