• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

And changed my design want for Megaman, I decided I'd prefer to see Star Force Megaman.
Gross.
1x1td.gif

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

I don't think that's Ghost Rider. He doesn't have shoulder pads like that.

At first I thought that it could be the collar of his jacket, but a lot of people are saying that it's Dormammu, which is starting to seem more likely to me.

Oh well, I didn't expect the Fantastic Four to be in it anyways. Since Super Skrull is in the game, it's kind of pointless.

The only RE character that I really wanted in the game was Jill again, but they'd probably go with her RE5 version, which isn't really the same.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

I don't think that's Ghost Rider. He doesn't have shoulder pads like that.
I don't think it's Ghost Rider either, seems more like Dorumammu. People speculated it was Mephisto, but Mephisto's cape is usually torn and a lot shorter, plus his hair is always ravaged while the other image of the caped Marvel character had a clean cut that Mephisto wouldn't have.

My thing is that he seems so obscure, but they're probably expecting to rekindle some sort of interest towards him with fans the way Deathstroke was added into Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Venom and Carnage have not been relevant in years. Carnage was killed at the beginning of the New Avengers team by Sentry and that was before I'd even started reading comics. During that time Eddie Brock has also not been Venom, Mac Gargan has. And the only reason people gave a shit about him was because he was on Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts and then Norman's Dark Avengers. Neither of those characters deserve a spot in the game if we're basing things on current popularity status.

And Anti-Venom? I don't read Amazing Spider-Man, but no one really seems to care about Eddie Brock's new turn ever since he came back in New Ways to Die.

I don't think Mac Gargan (Scorpion?) is really considered Venom, more like an unofficial Dark Spider-man that's part of the Dark Avengers. Venom (Eddie Brock) is now Anti-Venom, but Chris Baker (in charge of Marvel's character licensing) stated that despite what the current situation with the comic's story, they're going to go with the approach of putting characters in how everyone originally depicts them, so Eddie Brock would be "Venom" not Anti-Venom.

Not that I want Carnage to be in there, I just think having a red palette swap for Venom to pay homage to Carnage would be cool instead of having a whole different character.

Silh said:
What's so fucking gross? Every major itteration of Megaman has been present in a different cross-over. StarForce seems like a good idea since he looks more like a super hero. StarForce inb4 .EXE.

Nocturne said:
Oh well, I didn't expect the Fantastic Four to be in it anyways. Since Super Skrull is in the game, it's kind of pointless.

The only RE character that I really wanted in the game was Jill again, but they'd probably go with her RE5 version, which isn't really the same.
Kl'rt seems to cover all basis for all Fantastic 4, but it doesn't seem like he would fight exactly like Johnny would. Anywhoo, I don't really care much for Fantastic 4 anyways. Just trims down of possibilities to be on the roster. :3

As for Jill, I'd prefer her not to be in it even though I'm a Jill fanboy. Seems very similar to what Chris is capable of, and if there were to be another Resident Evil representative, I would have it go to Wesker since he is considered a Resident Evil boss that can have about the same shit Nemesis and Tyrant can have and more and still bypass the mature rating.

On the podcast, Chris Baker threw in She Hulk-- I doubt she would make the cut, but he was just referring to who would win a court case between Phoenix Wright and Daredevil, and he chose her instead of the two main options.

I have a hunch that Phoenix Wright and Franziska Von Karma were only tossed out Ultimate All-Stars because of time constraints, not because some bullshit Objection move localization. This time though, they got a lot more time, and a bigger crew to work with.

And I wish Rikuo was in there instead of fucking Felicia. We already got Morrigan, we don't need another titful Darkstalkers rep. And Rikuo would have been cool to offset Namor.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

Revamped character wants: Capcom
Bass (Megaman Battle Network)
Bleu (Breath of Fire)
Mai Ling (Red Earth)
Megaman (Megaman StarForce)
Negare Namikawa (Rival Schools)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Rain (Plasma Sword)
Shade (Cyberbots)
Vanessa Z. Shneider (P.N.03)
Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
Wesker (Resident Evil 5)
Zack with Wiki (Zack and Wiki)
Zero (Megaman 0)

Revamped character wants: Marvel
Cable (Messiah Complex)
Daredevil (n/a)
Dr. Octopus (Amazing Spider-man)
Elektra (n/a)
Ghost Rider (n/a)
Hawkeye (Avengers/ Clint Barton)
Howard (Howard the Duck)
Jocasta (Avengers)
Namor (Sub Mariner)
Spider-man (Amazing Spider-man/ Peter Parker)
Storm (X-Men)
Thor (n/a)
Venom (Amazing Spider-man/ Eddie Brock)
Wasp (Avengers/ Janet van Dyne)

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Love how this thread is more focused on character wants than actual discussion of how the characters might play.

Casual lol.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

It's obvious how most of them will play since they derive of fighting games and/or what their powers are unless you don't know what they're capable of. I dunno, that might just be me I guess.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Chris Redfield potential supers; go.

Also, just because you know the moves from the previous games doesn't make them the same. Captain Commando went from insane god tier in MvC1 to pretty solid but Sentinel is better so I'll use him instead tier in MvC2.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

lol, non-casual MvC2 discussion.

You get 4 characters to choose from, or just use Cyclops and troll.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

MID TIER? HIGH TIER? don't give no fucks when you're at evo.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

Chris Redfield potential supers; go.

Also, just because you know the moves from the previous games doesn't make them the same. Captain Commando went from insane god tier in MvC1 to pretty solid but Sentinel is better so I'll use him instead tier in MvC2.

Double Team (Derived of Wesker finale in RE5):
Chris grapples opponent and Sheva jumps on screen to pummel/knife a restrained opponent. Aerial input has him suplex opponent like Josh Stone/Zangeif/Leon etc to the ground and ensue the double-team on the ground.

Mini-Gun (Secret Weapon- RE5):
Just summons the gatling gun out of his hammerspace and sprays an insane amount of bullets, and could be aimed like Rock Volnutt in TvC. Aerial input suspends in air.

Satellite Laser Device (Device used to defeat Uroboros Aheri in RE5):
Fires the firearm? and the large laser raining down from the top of the screen.

I bet most of his normal moves will come from his melee attacks as well--
LK: Stomp animation from downed Manjini.
MK: Front kick animation on stunned enemies from behind.
SK: Sidekick animation to open doors faster.

LP: Light uppercut on stunned opponents animation.
Crouch: Jab
MP: Hook animation of stunned opponents.
Crouch: Knifing
SP: Straight from stunned opponents.
Crouch: Stun Rod

Launcher: Uppercut from melee animation.
Grapple: Suplex a'la Josh Stone/Leon/Zengeif
Focus Attack: Haymaker

Specials:
Cycling Maniji summon, Backhand, Flash/Incendiary/normal grenades, rotton/chicken eggs

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

deadpool houl have a shouryuken

he preformed one in the comics

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Double Team (Derived of Wesker finale in RE5):
Chris grapples opponent and Sheva jumps on screen to pummel/knife a restrained opponent. Aerial input has him suplex opponent like Josh Stone/Zangeif/Leon etc to the ground and ensue the double-team on the ground.

Mini-Gun (Secret Weapon- RE5):
Just summons the gatling gun out of his hammerspace and sprays an insane amount of bullets, and could be aimed like Rock Volnutt in TvC. Aerial input suspends in air.

Satellite Laser Device (Device used to defeat Uroboros Aheri in RE5):
Fires the firearm? and the large laser raining down from the top of the screen.

I bet most of his normal moves will come from his melee attacks as well--
LK: Stomp animation from downed Manjini.
MK: Front kick animation on stunned enemies from behind.
SK: Sidekick animation to open doors faster.

LP: Light uppercut on stunned opponents animation.
Crouch: Jab
MP: Hook animation of stunned opponents.
Crouch: Knifing
SP: Straight from stunned opponents.
Crouch: Stun Rod

Launcher: Uppercut from melee animation.
Grapple: Suplex a'la Josh Stone/Leon/Zengeif
Focus Attack: Haymaker

Specials:
Cycling Maniji summon, Backhand, Flash/Incendiary/normal grenade,
why is standing light punch an upper that makes no sense.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

Chris has two uppercut maneuvers. His uppercut against Wesker (duh) doesn't really do much, it's like a pussy uppercut/jab that he uses against him in the two-on-two battle with Jill and Sheva. His better uppercut is when when the enemies are staggered and they fly high up, so it seems suiting to use as a launcher.

I wouldn't doubt he not have it, since his character is to be comical satire. I wouldn't even be surprised if he shouted Shoryuken either. His moveset would probably consist of sword and gunplay with mimicry.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Then let's hope Shadowcat's there to take the hit :p

In all seriousness. I stopped caring about who's in from the moment I saw Deadpool and Dante's silhouettes. Those two are all I really need. I want those two to bitch against each other about who's the best in fighting with guns and swords. s1keanureeves

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

NO SHADOWCAT IN MY GAME, she will ruin it. Despite her supposedly having "expert" martial art knowledge, she has low energy projection and irrelevance to the major arcs which doesn't contribute anything to the roster and personally don't consider her 'popular' enough to deserve a slot.

Although... Deadpool and Dante are much welcomed in my book. <3

Deadpool seems like he's going to portray what Dan usually portrays in Street Fighter titles, but still just as BA as Dan, while offering such a different moveset.

Dante, I'm speechless like Gaga on that one.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

NO SHADOWCAT IN MY GAME, she will ruin it. Despite her supposedly having "expert" martial art knowledge, she has low energy projection and irrelevance to the major arcs which doesn't contribute anything to the roster and personally don't consider her 'popular' enough to deserve a slot.

Although... Deadpool and Dante are much welcomed in my book. <3

Deadpool seems like he's going to portray what Dan usually portrays in Street Fighter titles, but still just as BA as Dan, while offering such a different moveset.

Dante, I'm speechless like Gaga on that one.

I was just kidding about Shadowcat, cuz she's the one Deadpool used Shoryuken against ;)

Dante's basically like Deadpool, personality and weapon-wise. Which is why I want them up against each other.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

Eh, they're similar at most, but definitely not the same.

Deadpool's personality is wise, joke-cracking character that acknowledges himself being a comic book character piling onto his satire. Dante is just sarcastic with his dry humor and has a darker personality.

In terms of movesets, I have a hunch Dante would seem like a "heavier" character, and Deadpool would move faster, especially if they utilize his teleportation device.

Nevermind of what I edited out, I came to a conclusion it's definitely Trish. I noticed she has her hand on her hip (which isn't a rifle because I was alluding that it was Michelle Heart instead of Trish), and her arm cuffs on her forearm match, hair length, and seductive pose... I don't know how I came to second guess it. :/

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Eh, they're similar at most, but definitely not the same.

Deadpool's personality is wise, joke-cracking character that acknowledges himself being a comic book character piling onto his satire.

Dante is just sarcastic with his dry humor and has a darker personality.

In terms of movesets, I have a hunch Dante would seem like a "heavier" character, and Deadpool would move faster, especially if they utilize his teleportation device.

Also, I've been speculating, cause it seems the female silhouette that's not Felicia and Chun-Li, she seems to be holding a rifle, and has long hair and heels. I am second-guessing Trish because of the rifle, since I don't recall Trish wielding a rifle-- and her importance and capabilities. I'm thinking it's Michelle Heart now, even though we can't see wings on her as of yet.

I'm thinking Capcom is pulling Michelle Heart out of their ass like they did with Saki Amiyama in TvC, which isn't a bad thing. But Michelle seems so left-field.

Never said they're the same, just similar. I'm just of the opinion that, since they're gonna try and put a story in it, any scene with both Deadpool and Dante is sure to be comedy gold.

I wouldn't know about that silhouette. As a whole, I'm not all that familiar with a lot of Capcom games, aside from Street Fighter (ever since I was very, very young), megaman and DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back