• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ultimate Debate: Sora vs. Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soraroxrikusux05

many people are on each side, and there have been many agruments, but this ends here. let's now decide who would defeat who: sora, the hero of light, or riku, the wielder of darkness?

i'll start off: sora would win, because he has drive abilities and magic and different keyblades, plus he beat riku before, so there's a slightly higher chance he would beat him again. Riku just has darkness, nothing more.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Riku uses Twilight so, GET IT THROUGH YOUR DANG SKULL! Why is everyone too dumb to notice this? Now on to my post.

Riku's one keyblade is as strong as Sora's Fenrir. Riku can use magic as well. Heck everyone in Kingdom Hearts can use magic so, Sora doesn't have the advantage there. He can't use his drive forms because he is in battle with Riku alone. Sora has only fought Riku while Riku was possessed so, it doesn't count as Sora defeating the Riku. Riku has never fought to the fullest of his abilities. He's stronger then he appears to be. In the battle against Xemnas, Riku barely did any fighting and when he did fight, he only used a couple moves. That basically shows that he wasn't fighting at his fullest. I believe Riku can beat Sora though it would be a very tough battle.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Riku, if he really tried could probably beat Sora. If you think about it, in the game, there's no option for Riku to "level up" whereas if you die on Riku the first time, go level up so you can beat him. There's no clear victor because there are some skills that Sora has which MIGHT have an advantage over Riku. HOWEVER, we do not know the full extent to Riku's abilities, skills, and magic. I'm going to go with Reckless on this, Riku > Sora.

Soraroxrikusux05

first of all, riku DOESN'T use magic. how the hell you think he does i dont know. he uses darkness, never once has he used magic. And don't be stupid like "oh but we don't know his full potential" yeah we don't know anyones full potential they get new stuff each game. and riku's potential is weak anyways because he needed and wanted ansems power to even be an obstacle against sora. if anything dark mode is his potential, and he doesn't use it anymore. Let's make this clear: this is to be based on what we already know on the two. and riku doesn't use twilight either, you're just getting confused. Riku has a keyblade of twilight, but wields DARKNESS. if you played CoM you would know that riku uses darkness but can still control his light. that doesn't mean he uses TWILIGHT its just what I said he uses darkness without being evil. and how the hell do you think riku's keyblade is as good as fenrir if you were smart and looked at the stats you'd see that riku's has a str of 3 while fenrir has a str of 6. and to make this more clear we'll say they both are at lvl 100, so lvling won't be an advantage.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Seeing as Riku does more damage, takes more damage,is faster, walked through the door of darkness and still control his heart,and has complete control over two elements, Riku should win.
riku DOESN'T use magic.

Dark aura pwns your statement.
riku's potential is weak anyways because he needed and wanted ansems power to even be an obstacle against sora.

In the Roxas fight his objective was to subdue Roxas, Roxas's objective wasn't to be beaten by any means. See the difference? Your fighting a guy who just doesn't want to die, versus a guy who just wants to knock out an enemy. Let me remind you that Roxas also had Sora beat before he slipped up.
Let's make this clear: this is to be based on what we already know on the two

We know almost nothing of Riku, but, we do know that he beat Ansem single handedly, and Sora needed three people to beat him.
and how the hell do you think riku's keyblade is as good as fenrir if you were smart and looked at the stats you'd see that riku's has a str of 3 while fenrir has a str of 6.

He does more damage than Sora does with fenrir. That's what he was getting at.
Riku has a keyblade of twilight, but wields DARKNESS. if you played CoM you would know that Riku has a keyblade of twilight, but wields DARKNESS. if you played CoM you would know that riku USES DARKNESS but can still CONTROLS his LIGHT.

Wouldn't that mean that Riku is greater than Sora, as Sora only has control of light, and only light. Riku has control of both.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Not only Dark Aura, but if you go and play CoM again, you'll see that one his moves is Dark Firaga. Magic.

because he has drive abilities and magic and different keyblades
Ooh, drive abilities. A gameplay function. Did we play as Riku in KHII? No.

I would have thought the fight with Xemnas was enough proof Riku was stronger. Sora fought Xemnas with Riku. But multiple times throughout the battle, Sora was immobilised by Xemnas and Riku, unhesitantly, rushed in to help Sora.

Riku also exposed himself to massive amounts of Darkness which should have caused him to be a Heartless. And if you go back and play the first game, it pretty much says that the keyblade was intended for Riku but he submitted to the darkness, whereas Sora refused it.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
I think that Riku has very high chances of defeating Sora due to the fact that Sora would never want to kill/brutally hurt Riku under any circumstances, mainly because Sora is too much of a nice guy, unless Sora doesn't hold back, then he just might have a chance to defeat Riku.

But, Riku on the other hand would most likely go all out on Sora because Riku is a determined fighter and is obviously much faster, stronger and smarter than Sora will ever be.

riku's potential is weak
Yet Riku can withstand the darkness and not be transformed into a heartless.

Riku just has darkness, nothing more.
He has a keyblade.

sora would win, because he has drive abilities
Please do, explain how he will use Drive forms when it is just Riku v.s Sora.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
both are at lvl 100
Level means nothing, Level would not matter in Sora vs Riku.. In any RPG is just who's better over all and better skilled.. Level does not count here..

So It count on whos more skilled. Riku is more skilled and has way more Knowledge. Then Sora does.

Sora couldn't beat Xemnas by myself.. He need Riku, someone to help him. Plus Riku did so much alone.. Sora alway hade help

Plus like Johnny said

Riku also exposed himself to massive amounts of Darkness which should have caused him to be a Heartless. And if you go back and play the first game, it pretty much says that the keyblade was intended for Riku but he submitted to the darkness, whereas Sora refused it.

So pretty much Johnny, Pwned and Reckless said it all.. Riku > Sora..

Squall

Well its gonna be a close call,but sora who has always fought as a team may not be able to to good in a one on one battle.Besides Riku is a little more experienced then Sora.After a heated battle Riku will win.

Soraroxrikusux05

okay, i'm not counting darkness as magic, since its like one of the three "powers" like dark, light and twilight. theres no light spell or anything like that, and dark aura is a special ability like ars arcanum. so i'm not counting those. i'm counting the actual spells. like fire. super eclipse i said they would be lv 100 just to show that their stats would be "equal". pwned sora beat ansem by himself to if you played the first game you would know that there's a fight with ansem and sora by themselves. and how do you think riku does more damage than sora with fenrir? he doesn't do more that doesn't make sense since sora has a much stronger keyblade. and just because riku uses darkness and has light doesn't make him greater than sora. sora has pure light, and so he can beat anyone, since light is better than darkness. don't try and say it isn't because we all know it is they show it in so many places. and actually johnny stooge you did get to play as riku in kh2 in the final battle. you would know if you had beaten the game. and riku doesnt become a heartless because he can WIELD darkness. sora has so much light power he can become a heartless and retain his feelings. and revert to a person again. THAT'S what I call power. and ichigo try not to base this on feelings because if this were based on them they wouldn't even be fighting. pretend this is just an all out battle between them. and how is riku more skilled sora has way more skills than riku. god what's with everyone liking riku i bet its just cause you like his white hair and his dark serious nature. come on sora has way kooler things than riku how about a sora fan coming up to support him huh?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
...Dude you are totally biased. First off, no we aren't favouring him because we like the way he looks. Did we mention that anywhere at all? I don't think so. So stfu, you're being a biased SOB.

WHy make this debate when you want Sora to win and Riku to lose? It's obvious who you favour more.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
pwned sora beat ansem by himself to if you played the first game you would know that there's a fight with ansem and sora by themselves.

No he didn't, he had beaten a ansem that was toying with him. In terms of battles, ansem in the final battles are the only ones that i would count. Riku could contain ansem, mr.ipwnallthing, in his heart and in his shell For who knows how long, and THEN beat him.
and how do you think riku does more damage than sora with fenrir? he doesn't do more that doesn't make sense since sora has a much stronger keyblade.
He beat a nobody in one combo which took sora, with goofy's help, four combos to beat. Rikus clearly doing more damage.
just because riku uses darkness and has light doesn't make him greater than sora. sora has pure light, and so he can beat anyone, since light is better than darkness.
Since when did light become greater than anything, it was proven many times that rikus darkness made him stronger, faster, and a more superior fighter than anyone else. What he lost was HIMSELF because he was too powerful.Him going back to the light was to find himself. Soras friendship and bonds make him strong, when you take those away, he nothing more than a kid with a key.
and riku doesnt become a heartless because he can WIELD darkness. sora has so much light power he can become a heartless and retain his feelings. and revert to a person again. THAT'S what I call power
No, weilding darkness doesn't make you untouchable to the heartless, as stated in the first game, the deeper you get into darkness, the MORE likely you are to be a heartless.Riku was in the realm of darkness, without a heart, and fought off the darkness and maintained his being. NOONE HAS EVER done that. Period. Sora, couldn't have transformed back unless kairi helped him, that was the only reason he came back, kairi's love.

Last edited:

Soraroxrikusux05

No he didn't, he had beaten a ansem that was toying with him. In terms of battles, ansem in the final battles are the only ones that i would count. Riku could contain ansem, mr.ipwnallthing, in his heart and in his shell For who knows how long, and THEN beat him. He beat a nobody in one combo which took sora, with goofy's help, four combos to beat. Rikus clearly doing more damage.
Since when did light become greater than anything, it was proven many times that rikus darkness made him stronger, faster, and a more superior fighter than anyone else. What he lost was HIMSELF because he was too powerful.Him going back to the light was to find himself. Soras friendship and bonds make him strong, when you take those away, he nothing more than a kid with a key.

No, weilding darkness doesn't make you untouchable to the heartless, as stated in the first game, the deeper you get into darkness, the MORE likely you are to be a heartless.Riku was in the realm of darkness, without a heart, and fought off the darkness and maintained his being. NOONE HAS EVER done that. Period. Sora, couldn't have transformed back unless kairi helped him, that was the only reason he came back, kairi's love.

okay, i see your point in the ansem part. but the part you said about riku beating a nobody with one combo is just a poor statement. first of all,we obviously don't know you're lying or not. chances are you are, since your words sound so exaggerated. what nobody was it? there's only thirteen so you would definitely know. secondly, you must've given sora kingdom key with negative combo, and goofy knight's shield, because there's no way in hell that sora's gonna take four combos with goofy's help to beat a nobody. hell, with fenrir sora doesn't take four combos to beat ANY normal enemy. thirdly, who knows if they were at different levels when you did this? who knows if you used a bunch of STR UP's on riku? no one knows, and it's too exaggerated so i'm betting you made that up. admit it. also, remember to make this seem more fair we're having them both at level 100. and stop being ignorant saying darkness is better than light. haven't you seen in all those cutscenes how they say "no matter how dark it is, there will always be light." and "there will always be a door to the light" and how sora beats every dark person because he is "light"?! DO YOU NOT GET THE MESSAGE?! LIGHT>DARKNESS!!! and no he didn't lose himself because he was too powerful where did you get that sora beat him because light beats darkness they SHOWED IT IN THE SCENES! riku gets mad because sora beat him even though he had darkness. and sora beat him because he had LIGHT! and finally, remember what I SAID. riku can wield darkness and CONRTOL HIS LIGHT. THAT'S why he's not a heartless. he holds onto his light. but sora is so strong he can BECOME A HEARTLESS AND KEEP HIS FEELINGS. i'll admit in the first game kairi helped him revert, but in kh2 sora becomes a HEARTLESS ANTIFORM and TURNS BACK. because he holds onto his LIGHT. because he is STRONGER THAN RIKU.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
haven't you seen in all those cutscenes how they say "no matter how dark it is, there will always be light." and "there will always be a door to the light" and how sora beats every dark person because he is "light"?!

"The closer you come to the light the greater the shadow becomes" There's your counter quote.

no he didn't lose himself because he was too powerful where did you get that sora beat him because light beats darkness they SHOWED IT IN THE SCENES!

He lost himself when he allowed ansem to manipulate the darkness within him, He wasn't riku anymore. Heck in CoM he didn't shut up about how he doesn't know "who he was."
I SAID. riku can wield darkness and CONRTOL HIS LIGHT. THAT'S why he's not a heartless. he holds onto his light. but sora is so strong he can BECOME A HEARTLESS AND KEEP HIS FEELINGS
Riku didn't become a heartless because "his heart is too strong"

i'll admit in the first game kairi helped him revert, but in kh2 sora becomes a HEARTLESS ANTIFORM and TURNS BACK. because he holds onto his LIGHT.

Anti form is the embodiment of darkness, like riku's embodiment of darkness, he was just using the darkness.They look like heartless, without actually being heartless.

Soraroxrikusux05

that's all yo can say. "the closer you become to the light the greater your shadow becomes." that's it? no explanation, no meaning behnid that? that doesn't mean anything then! that doesn't prove that the darkness it better. that just shows it is bigger as you get closer to light. and of course he's riku that's just some stupid thing teenagers say "i don't know who i am" that means he's confused but hes still riku. and okay fine your right i know they did say at one point in the game that riku's heart was strong. and, come on pwned, antiform was sora as a HEARTLESS. riku had a darkmode suit that had a heartless crest. but the difference with it was THE CROSS WASN"T THERE. why? because he wasn't a heartless. Sora, on the other hand, looked exactly like a heartless. why? because he WAS ONE. he was a shadow form of himself, shadow being the name of the heartless that is "purebred" with no symbol. he can become one and revert to himself because he has a "strong heart" like you said. if it explains riku it can explain sora.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Let me point out that you are obviously bias by what you have in your sig "Sora ROCKS, Riku SUCKS!"

"the closer you become to the light the greater your shadow becomes."
The closer you get to the light,the more corrupted and corrupting you become. People didn't fight over the light for no good reason, it is strong, and it is corrupting.
THE CROSS WASN"T THERE. why? because he wasn't a heartless. Sora, on the other hand, looked exactly like a heartless. why? because he WAS ONE. he was a shadow form of himself, shadow being the name of the heartless that is "purebred" with no symbol. he can become one and revert to himself because he has a "strong heart" like you said

Are you dumb? Riku's "dark form" was him as xehanort's heartless, he still knew who he was, he was just in the darkness.

Soraroxrikusux05

Let me point out that you are obviously bias by what you have in your sig "Sora ROCKS, Riku SUCKS!"

The closer you get to the light,the more corrupted and corrupting you become. People didn't fight over the light for no good reason, it is strong, and it is corrupting.

Are you dumb? Riku's "dark form" was him as xehanort's heartless, he still knew who he was, he was just in the "darkness.
stupid i'm not talking about ansem's form i'm talking about DARK MODE! that's his form he just used xehanort's heartless' body to use darkness better that's not his dark form if it is then he's weaker than sora because he was TRAPPED in that form he needed DiZ' machine to revert. sora could revert by himself in antiform. and of course i'm for sora i have been in the beginning of the THREAD! the signature shows it. that's not biased it just shows what side i'm on i'm not goin around saying you're biased for liking riku. just because i put the fact i like a char. in my sig doesn't mean i'm biased. and how do you become more corrupted when yo get close to the light? sora's as close as anyone can get and he's not corrupted at all.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
is dark form if it is then he's weaker than sora because he was TRAPPED in that form he needed DiZ' machine to revert.

Actually, being completely immersed in darkness is being in a dark form. Sora's isn't better, because he only uses it to claw and slash at people, and uses no dark energy or dark power. Sora's isn't better, he just uses his differently.Also, riku didn't know how to get out of that form, and had no idea of how to get out,he was just scarred for "ever"(Frankly i think he looks cool in the ansem form).
that's not biased it just shows what side i'm on i'm not goin around saying you're biased for liking riku. just because i put the fact i like a char. in my sig doesn't mean i'm biased.
bias
noun
An inclination for or against that inhibits impartial judgment:

Actually saying things before knowing something is being bias. You choose your side before even having facts on the table. I on the other hand, looked at both characters, histories, and power before talking. Seeing both sides isn't a bad thing
and how do you become more corrupted when yo get close to the light? sora's as close as anyone can get and he's not corrupted at all.

People like sora, who fight only on the side of good, and only see one side of the fight, don't understand there enemies till it's to late.(AKA what happened with the organization.) He was corrupted by his idea that BECAUSE he was on the light, he was right.(also kairi's grandma's story.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back