• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ultimania interviews translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not all of them, but I have an exam on Monday which I need to study for D;

Re:Coded Developer Interviews Part 1 : HEARTSTATION.ORG

Interesting parts:

Yasue said:
I can’t speak in detail about the new title, but I want to surprise everyone with a unexpected growth system that is different from Re:Coded and Birth by Sleep. While coming up with the plans, I always keep some kind of theme in mind, and right now the theme I’m crazy in dreaming of is ‘making contact’. Making contact with something in a dream.

Oka said:
During development, we used Chip from Chip and Dale as a temporary portrait for the still images. In the scenes where Cerberus and Rock Titan were meant to appear, Sora would be shivering in fear at Chip. The gap was pretty funny.

Watanabe said:
Originally, the true identity of the black-coated person who appears in Castle Oblivion was not ‘????’ (Roxas), but someone else. Though their name has the same number of characters as Roxas and the second character is ‘ku’.

Note: In Japanese, Roxas’ name reads like Ro-ku-sa-su and Axel’s like A-ku-se-ru, implying that the other character was Axel.

Okauchi said:
Once, the people from the cutscene team looked at the graphics we’d prepared, and pointed out “Selphie is getting a bit sexy, isn’t she? (laughs)” We took a look and saw that Selphie’s legs were one size fatter because of a mistake we’d made, and thanks to her plump thighs she really did give quite an adult impression… We were all pretty nervous and fluttery over our carelessness.

Ohtani said:
The most difficult individual character was Cloud. He has heaps of pointy parts and accessories, and I remember being careful as I made him, wondering how I could make them show up nicely on the DS. Though, despite being so much work, he hardly appears at all…

Hirose said:
I remember the entire sound staff team checking the background music for every single cutscene barely in time for the deadline. I can be confident that we have the best teamwork in the whole company. It’s Mickey who says the line “You are not alone. You have friends that are fighting with you,” but it’s also perfect for the development team!

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
2cfyvma.jpg

thanks gp!
can't wait for the nomura interview, especially.

nice find .
It's not a "find". She translated them~

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
news makes me excite i guess

this is all scrubish imo, lemme see what Nomu has to say.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
2cfyvma.jpg

thanks gp!
can't wait for the nomura interview, especially.

that gif made me snort rather painfully XD

There are five more of these to do (two of them are full-pages, not these little ones). Plus the Nomura one, and Olivia has that one covered so no worries!!

news makes me excite i guess

this is all scrubish imo, lemme see what Nomu has to say.

shut up and eat your vegetables

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gotta say Goldpanner, way to go! I'm sure half the board is already reading this. Lord knows they've been asking for it.

Thank you ♥ but sadly, I am sure everyone is holding out for the Nomura interview, not the 1348254309 other developer interviews in there...

dont hate. besides, less talky and more translatie :)

good job on your traslations btw

oh, sankyuu. i just wish my japanese exam on monday was on video game development, i have the vocab pretty down right now

speaking of that, *stops procrastinating and gets textbooks out*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Making contact with something in a dream, huh?
He said 3D is an abbreviation for the full subtitle of the 3DS-game...so could the 'D' in there perhaps stand for "Dream" or "Dreams"...I mean, after memories, it's not impossible that dreams might play an important role in the KH-Universe too.

Just remembered a sentence from the opening of KH II:

Sora said:
A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream

...just thinking aloud...

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
quote_icon.png
Okauchi said:
Once, the people from the cutscene team looked at the graphics we’d prepared, and pointed out “Selphie is getting a bit sexy, isn’t she? (laughs)” We took a look and saw that Selphie’s legs were one size fatter because of a mistake we’d made, and thanks to her plump thighs she really did give quite an adult impression… We were all pretty nervous and fluttery over our carelessness.
Okauchi said:
“Selphie is getting a bit sexy, isn’t she? (laughs)”

lol we got a pedo

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thank you ♥ but sadly, I am sure everyone is holding out for the Nomura interview, not the 1348254309 other developer interviews in there...

They don't know what they're missing. Thanks for the translation! :3

UltimaJackpot

Ah, thanks for translating! I was actually looking forward to these particular interviews, as I love reading about the development histories of some games.

Good luck on that exam, btw.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Gosh, right...I was so occupied with theorizing.
Where are my manners (no pun intended).

Have also to thank you for translating those parts...;)

FantasyKing

Making contact with something in a dream, huh?
He said 3D is an abbreviation for the full subtitle of the 3DS-game...so could the 'D' in there perhaps stand for "Dream" or "Dreams"...I mean, after memories, it's not impossible that dreams might play an important role in the KH-Universe too.

Just remembered a sentence from the opening of KH II:

...just thinking aloud...

WOW that actually makes sense!!! (How come nobody else in here replied about this?! lol). That would explain why Sora and Riku in KH 3D are looking like their younger selves even when this game takes place after KH 2.

I thought 3D stood for "3 Destinies" but could pretty much stand for "3 dreams" or "3 dreamers".

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That would explain why Sora and Riku in KH 3D are looking like their younger selves even when this game takes place after KH 2.
They aren't looking like their younger selves. Those weren't real cutscenes from the game.

Lingering Night

True, but hey it's something, and besides, some happen to really enjoy these interviews. They're generally more more clear than Nomura interviews, anyway. Anyway, thank you for the reviews, and good luck on your exam tommorow! You have nothing to worry about, your Japanese seems rather fluent. Looking foward to more translations after your exams.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They don't know what they're missing. Thanks for the translation! :3

Aww thanks! I think so too. I mean come on, sexy Selphie XD;

Ah, thanks for translating! I was actually looking forward to these particular interviews, as I love reading about the development histories of some games.

Good luck on that exam, btw.

Thank you! I will do my best!

Gosh, right...I was so occupied with theorizing.
Where are my manners (no pun intended).

Have also to thank you for translating those parts...;)

Aww no worries ♥

Thanks, gold digger! <3

So... contact in a dream?
I guess Sora needs to go deeper.

LOL

Oh god I hope it is, inception lulz + KH lulz = ★★★★★

True, but hey it's something, and besides, some happen to really enjoy these interviews. They're generally more more clear than Nomura interviews, anyway. Anyway, thank you for the reviews, and good luck on your exam tommorow! You have nothing to worry about, your Japanese seems rather fluent. Looking foward to more translations after your exams.

Thank you so much for the kind words ♥ I'll certainly do my best! With the exam, and translations XD;

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So to boil this down..

"I found a cheese bagel in the breakroom's pantry today. It was especially exciting because we usually have blueberry bagels, and I dislike blueberries."
"Today when I was modeling Sora's hair I found a hilarious YouTube video about a cat laughing. It was great. I sent it to all my co-workers."
"We usually try to think of a single theme upon which to base our Kingdom Hearts games, and this time we wanted to go with 'making contact'. I know, silly, right? It was Yasue's idea, though, so to tease him, we gave him decaf this morning instead of caffeinated. Isn't that something? Haha. I can't wait until he finds out"

Honestly do these cubicle hamsters ever have anything interesting to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back