• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

UK's Official Nintendo magazine looks forward to KH3DS(Scan)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

roxasace8

Thanks for the find =D.
Now we can get even more excited lol.
I've been wanting to use riku as a main charcter again..... the only thing is....
Now I have to get a nintendo 3Ds when it comes out... >.> ( and i had just got a nintendo dsi XL to replace my ds lite >.<)

State

Awards
"One thing I will say about Kingdom Hearts 3D is that it takes place in the same time as the current games."
Wait... So it takes place after KH2 or what..?

The current game is Re: coded, meaning that it should take place during or after Re: coded.

khconnect

Nomura said that the game takes place at the same time as the current ones... well the question is which ones lol (we have right now BBS & Re:Coded) . I would believe that this takes place with coded, probably the start of Sora's journey to save those that are tormented.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I know it'll probably take a year or two, but this game will be awesome. I have a few theories as to what "3D" will stand for (Since Nomura said it wouldn't be 3-dimensional). One is 3rd Dawn, as in the Dawn of KHIII (Coinciding with the above post by khconnect). Second, and most likely in my book, is 3rd Data. Explanation here: as in the Data than Ansem the Wise placed inside Sora while he was asleep (A little thing revealed in Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts). That would be the grounds to give us something "Fans do not expect", as the contents of the data may hold a secret to shatter our perception of Kingdom Hearts itself. The last is 3rd Dream, as in, well...a dream. Sora had his in KHI, then Roxas in KHII, perhaps this is a more complex Awakening for both Sora and Riku (After all, where else but a dream can you see multiple Soras falling from the sky?). Anyone else got any ideas, or agree with mine?

Last edited:
Awards
Hopefully we'll get more news at TGS, but I have a feeling that it won't be much, cuz they'll probably be focusing more on Re:coded. They'll probably wait to release more info at JF.

khconnect

I know it'll probably take a year or two, but this game will be awesome. I have a few theories as to what "3D" will stand for (Since Nomura said it wouldn't be 3-dimensional). One is 3rd Dawn, as in the Dawn of KHIII (Coinciding with the above post by khconnect). Second, and most likely in my book, is 3rd Data. Explanation here: as in the Data than Ansem the Wise placed inside Sora while he was asleep (A little thing revealed in Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts). That would be the grounds to give us something "Fans do not expect", as the contents of the data may hold a secret to shatter our perception of Kingdom Hearts itself. The last is 3rd Dream, as in, well...a dream. Sora had his in KHI, then Roxas in KHII, perhaps this is a more complex Awakening for both Sora and Riku (After all, where else but a dream can you see multiple Soras falling from the sky?). Anyone else got any ideas, or agree with mine?

Now Nomura says Kingdom Hearts 3D will focus on "trust", maybe making the title be "3 Decisions". I say that because it seems to focus on Sora's journey to free those in torment and Nomura said it will focus on the the current titles maybe meaning BBS which can also stand for the three main characters from that game that Sora must save.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
The current game is Re: coded, meaning that it should take place during or after Re: coded.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was a bit confused as to what Nomura was talking about.

KH never has side stories.
Wasn't 358/2 Days one?
Google says a side story is a "form of narrative that occurs alongside established stories set within a fictional universe. As opposed to a prequel, sequel, or interquel, a side story takes place within the same time frame as an existing work."

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Wasn't 358/2 Days one?
Google says a side story is a "form of narrative that occurs alongside established stories set within a fictional universe. As opposed to a prequel, sequel, or interquel, a side story takes place within the same time frame as an existing work."
Wouldn't that make in a interquel then since the majority of the game takes place in a time where Sora is basically doing nothing.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Wouldn't that make in a interquel then since the majority of the game takes place in a time where Sora is basically doing nothing.

Yes, it's an interquel, but it's still a side game. It's not a main game, bridge game, or spin-off.

loke13

Yes, it's an interquel, but it's still a side game. It's not a main game, bridge game, or spin-off.
Yeah its Interquel, therefore not a side story. From the definition given it seems side stories and interquel are two separate things.

Yeah its Interquel, therefore not a side story. From the definition given it seems side stories and interquel are two separate things.

CoM is the interquel (or bridge game) and Days is a side game. It's not really related to the main story of KH1 or 2. Yeah, it effects it. But we would've gotten aalong just fine w/o it.

Tatsu

Attack of the Data Duo. Data Sora and Data Riku.

This is all that can be said about Nomura and his Data KH side game fetish:

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
It's both. A good portion of it happened during COM.

CoM is the interquel (or bridge game) and Days is a side game. It's not really related to the main story of KH1 or 2. Yeah, it effects it. But we would've gotten aalong just fine w/o it.
Yep. In fact, Xion and other elements were made up after they finished KH2.

loke13

I really hope Xion plays a bigger role in the future...but I don't see it happening considering Days was a side story in order to inform players of what happened to Roxas...
If you had seen the secret ending to BBS you would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back