• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Ugh, okay. I need advice/more just to vent.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
HEY, so I just want to update everyone and let you guys know that I GOT THE JOBBBB! Well, technically, not yet. I still have to do a drug test on monday, but after that, it's mine! :)

Congratulations! Good luck with your job.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I think. And while it can be hard to accept, there comes a time in one's life where you just cannot rely on your parents anymore. It can definitely be hard taking off but ya gotta do it or else you're doomed. I think this is the time for you. Just take the initiative.

nicoleohbugga

I think. And while it can be hard to accept, there comes a time in one's life where you just cannot rely on your parents anymore. It can definitely be hard taking off but ya gotta do it or else you're doomed. I think this is the time for you. Just take the initiative.
Lol, not hard to accept at all. ^_^ And when I know that I will be ready, I'm gone. Trust me. One step closer. :)

Congrats. Glad you found one. :)

thank you!

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
I admittedly didn't read EVERYTHING that's been posted, so sorry if I repeat what someone else said, but my advice is to start to seriously coming up with plans and goals for things that you want and work towards them, WITHOUT letting your parents know. I'm not saying you should try and rebel or anything like that, it's just that when you're planning out important aspects of your life, there are some people whose opinions you just don't want.

For instance, my boyfriend is moving to Oahu with my family within the next year and he's not gonna tell his parents until it becomes really obvious. My mom doesn't plan on telling my grandpa until then either. Some people, as much as we may love them, know how to be a real good corks, keeping us from pursuing what we want and need to.

Congrats on the KMart job, by the way. I know how hard it is, right now. ._. Also, I'm turning 19 in a few weeks and I don't have my license either, lol. Got my permit when I was 15 but it has since expired.

nicoleohbugga

Thank you. Sorry, I haven't updated myself on my own thread. -_-'

As far as what you said, I agree with it all. I don't think I'll tell my parents I'm moving out until I'm literally able to just get up and go, you know? Who knows when that will be. Ugh, also, my dad wants me to get a bank account with Chase so he can transfer money out of my account for himself.. Now, I'm all about helping my family, but not when it's forced upon me, you know?
Also, an update. I still haven't started the job yet. >_< I took my drug test last Saturday, and I'm waiting for all the other new employers to do the same, because they can't schedule an orientation for us until then. Ugh, I hate being the only responsible one sometimes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back