• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two things regarding early design Sora.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

govindvarpe

I think it would be cool if in KH3 they had a keyblade that was an ode to the first design, so it being a chainsaw keyblade? maybe in the timeless river, since it's going retro? Second, look at what's on top of Sora's head in this picture, then look at Sora's head in both Final Mix versions. Coincidence? Sorry if these have been mentioned or said before in this forum, i'm new!

Veevee

Awards
Disney refused the chainsaw thing back then, if I remember correctly, because they didn't want a chainsaw in a Disney game and I doubt that that has changed till today. Personally, I wouldn't want one anyway because if it looks like a chainsaw, I want it to work like one (at least some functionality) and well, slicing through heartless is an odd thought if most of the regular keyblades don't even have a sharp edge.

I can't see any image, so I dunno what you mean with the second part?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Second, look at what's on top of Sora's head in this picture, then look at Sora's head in both Final Mix versions. Coincidence?

I assume you are talking about the crown on his head? Sora's always had crown symbols hanging around him since the beginning, even on the tip of the Kingdom Chain. While it's not often an actual crown (except for the reward one in 2) it's been a present motif in more than just final mix cover art. Who knows if the crown is eventually going to lead to anything or if it's just something that represents "Sora" but I suppose it is worth knowing that even in his beta form the crown was prominent.

Personally I can't imagine it not leading somewhere in the future. It's just too weird that not only does Sora have tons of crowns on him, Nomura seems particularly keen on the concept of "true kings" and learning to take ones place as a leader. Sora showed some interest in the Pride Lands at the thought of being asked to be a king (even if he said it was a joke) but was basically dismissed as not having the right qualities (whatever that means, Rafiki), and obviously we see the concept coming back up again with all this "Verum Rex" stuff and Sora's speech to Xehanort about what makes a good leader. And, while everyone kind of piles on him (excessively) in 3 about not being a master, it feels to me like via his character development in that game we are being shown that he could be well on his way to getting to some position of leadership/authority/whatever but he's just not yet ready. Or alive. (just laughing to keep myself from crying over here, don't mind me).

Also, in regards to your chainsaw Keyblade: you can always just hope for a return of Fenrir?

Back