• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two Namines

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Okay, that is one part of the game that confused me. After Sora defeats the Darkside on DI he's confronted by TWO Namines, one which turns into Kairi. At first I thought one of them was Kairi's heart trying to contact Sora but Sora could only see Namine because he didn't remember Kairi. But both talked as Namine at one point or another. So does anyone know why it was neccessary to have two Namines?

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
No idea.

Actually, I never thought about it again untill now.

At the time I thought it was just to confuse Sora in some way.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Sora could not remember Kairi and thought that the second Namine that appeared was part of his memory but was really the memory version of Kairi.

So in short the real Namine was there and Sora's false memory of Namine was there but who was really a memory of Kairi shoruded by Namine's power over his heart.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
There were two Naminé's because there was the one that existed within Sora's memories- the one that was really of Kairi, but shadowed by Naminé. The second Naminé, the one that appears later and is slightly transparent, is the real Naminé, who projected herself into his memories... again.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
One was made from Zexion's power, the other was Namine. At least that was what power that she could send to Sora's location.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Except, as far as I know, Zexion would not have done anything to help with Marluxia's plan for Sora and Naminé and thus would not have used his powers of illusion.

I thought that was the power of Castle Oblivion- to take his memories and project them into the rooms, and that it had nothing to do with Zexion.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Sora could not remember Kairi and thought that the second Namine that appeared was part of his memory but was really the memory version of Kairi.

So in short the real Namine was there and Sora's false memory of Namine was there but who was really a memory of Kairi shoruded by Namine's power over his heart.

This/

BHero, dont know where your getting the whole Zexion thing because he is non existent in Sora's story./

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
This/

BHero, dont know where your getting the whole Zexion thing because he is non existent in Sora's story./

I was thinking about something totally different for some reason.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Zexion has absolutely nothing to do with why there's two Naminé's in the Destiny Islands room. One is the 'memory' Naminé, which is like Riku, Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie in the rest of the room, and is there because Naminé messed with Sora's memories, putting herself into his heart. The other Naminé is, of course, the real Naminé.

Sorry if I repeated what was already said. 8D; I wanted to correct the thing about Zexion 'cause he does NOT have absolutely anything to do with Sora's story. The only way he could have a relation to that is by having met Repliku for 5 seconds, though Repliku probably doesn't remember any of the stuff that happened in the basement levels by the time he meets Sora.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I thought that the one that turned into Kairi was the projection of the memories of Kairi that Namine replaced, mixed with Namine's guilt for deceiving Sora.

Which explains why it was so mean to her. :(

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Sorry if I repeated what was already said. 8D; I wanted to correct the thing about Zexion 'cause he does NOT have absolutely anything to do with Sora's story. The only way he could have a relation to that is by having met Repliku for 5 seconds, though Repliku probably doesn't remember any of the stuff that happened in the basement levels by the time he meets Sora.

Repliku meets Sora first (unless you count that brief encounter before Riku had his memories altered). After Marluxia is destroyed and he runs off, Axel convinces him the only way to grow stronger is to kill Zexion. So, he does.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I will now perform my civil duty as for what is expected of me and say that it was probably not Kairi's Memory that Sora saw.
Aside from the obvious "Kairi never acted like that" which is easily explained with Naminé wrapping her up in her image, we have two very obvious contradictions to that claim -

1)
Sora said:
There was another girl!

I can't nor will I ever want to stop stressing this enough. Naminé from the beginning was separate from Kairi. For obvious reasons hers were the Memories that were pushed aside the most, but that doesn't change the fact that for the longest time, Sora didn't remember Tidus, Wakka or Selphie, or even Riku for that matter! It's not like he really remembered anything from Destiny Islands, so he had no way of knowing Kairi was missing. All he truly knew and cared for was Naminé, whose importance was shown in Memories that had nothing to do with Kairi, being the drawing issues and the Promise on the night of the meteor shower.
Kairi being there or not being there was all but redundant, as was Tidus, Selphie, Wakka and Riku's presences in the long run.

2) KH1.

Last time I checked, the one that was paired up with Kairi by TSW was Riku. All but praising him as the undefeated, almighty god of the Islands, TSW constantly repeated how lucky Kairi was for having Riku, and how Riku could always take care of Kairi if ever she needed anything.
Sora was shrugged off as the lesser man which is probably why Selphie let herself make half a move at him by saying she could share a Paopu with someone better than Tidus and Wakka.

Couples based in KH1, being Sora's true Memories:
Selphie/Sora, Riku/Kairi.

Couples based in CoM:
Sora/Naminé, and Riku possibly running off - to the girl that had no importance in the Memory Sora was seeing - Kairi.

So no. I'd hardly say Naminé was sitting in Kairi's place during the Destiny Islands Memory Floor.

To top it all, that was the part in the game where Naminé seems to be actively trying to drive Sora away. I mean, the good luck charm changing back? Who was it that changed it in the first place, huh? And you'd think that if Kairi was really that important to Sora someone's importance to Sora would've truly kept Naminé's powers at bay, that none of CoM would've ever happened. Yet alas, it happened, and Sora forgot everything which was truly important to him regardless of its importance, so much that he even went against Donald and Goofy for Naminé's sake. I think it kind of shows that we can't use anything from those scenes to truly judge Kairi's importance to Sora.

Naminé changed the good luck charm back to try and make Sora think of someone other than herself.

Naminé came into the Memory World and told Sora not to listen to the other her. Now why would she say that had it been a Kairi underneath and not really a Naminé, hm? It was a struggle of wills, between the Naminé Sora wanted to be with and that wanted to be with him back, and the Naminé that wanted what was best for Sora, even at the cost of her being with him.
When Sora refused to listen, she resorted to the only thing left up her sleeve - and that was to convince Sora he cared more about someone else than he did about her.

An effort that ultimately failed, seeing how he was willing to give up on his Memories regardless of realizing he had forgotten, but in her defense let it be said she did try.

Bottom line though -

One Naminé was the Naminé that existed in Sora's fake Memories, and the other was the real Naminé that came to try and stop Sora - when it was already all but too late.

cmssaysftw

Awards
The first Namine (the one that looked solid) was the fake Namine, the one from Sora's fake memories. She was there in order to do something that would make Sora Marluxia's Pawn forever. The second Namine (the on that looked hazy and not really there) was the real Namine contacting Sora to get him to realize that it's all fake.

Axelfan008

that would be the namine in his memory, the one that turns into kairi. the other is the real one. (that got me at first too.)

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
The Namine on the left = real.

The Namine on the right = fake imprint.

Any questions?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think tat da first Namine was suppose 2 b Kairi in Sora's Memories n da 2nd Namine is da real Namine.

Namine was based in Sora's Memories without regards to Kairi from the get go :I There was another girl and all that shiz.
Plus, if we put KH1's DI up against CoM/Re:CoM's DI Memory Floor, it doesn't add up if everyone're acting that way about Kairi, seeing how in KH1 they acted in a completely different manner than in CoM/Re:CoM.
Hence, it's not about Kairi so much as Namine wanting Sora to think it is.

Seeing however how this has been answered several times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back