• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two Keyblade Wars Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So, I was watching Birth by Sleep (for the millionth time mind you), but something just clicked for me.

So, we all know about “the” keyblade war. We saw it happen at the end of [Chi] the browser game, but we’ll never get to experience it in mobile form since the game is going to diverge from the browser game.
Anyway, Xehanort said:

“On this barren soil, Keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat... and a great Keyblade war raged!”

All very true. We saw it with our own eyes and our player character was even there to witness it. Xehanort also said:

“Countless Keyblade wielders gave up their lives, all in search of one, ultimate key. And it will soon belong to me.... [Chi]blade!”

That... is not true. What happened during the Keyblade WE saw was closer to Kairi’s grandmother’s story. “People” fought over the light and brought darkness upon the world. It’s true. Our characters were fighting over lux. There was never a mention of the [Chi]blade and our characters most certainly didn’t know jack about that.

At first I thought maybe it’s just that our Keyblade wielders were used as nothing but sacrifices and someone else was waiting nearby for the [Chi]blade to appear. That could still be true, and that means people technically fought because someone was in search of the one ultimate key.

But, another possibility popped into my head...
There were TWO Keyblade Wars

The Unions are coming back and all being lead by 5 new leaders with all the remaining people who did not fight in the war.

The Master instructed Ava to give the Book of Prophesies to one of these leaders and warned that it could be dangerous if anyone but “that one kid” sees it. What danger could there be? Is it possible that.... the secret was exposed and everyone else saw/read the book and it lead to disaster?

I’m thinking that MAYBE the others became aware of the book, a book which most certainly could describe the [Chi]blade, and that a second war took place over the [Chi]blade and that is when the [Chi]blade was shattered. It probably took place on the same battlefield since Aced specifically pointed out that is for whatever reason a place were fighting has happened before???

Anyway. My point is that a second Keyblade War happened among the Dandelions over the [Chi]blade, causing it to be shattered.

It’s possible that because of this, Ventus somehow ended up in the future too. (And Ventus possibly could have told Xehanort all about it not realizing that he was a bad dude)

Last edited:

Trist

Awards
Xehanort already knew about the keyblade war and the Union masters way before he even met Ventus. He already had his plans thought up, he just needed pawns to create them. His encounter with Ventus is mere chance and didn't change any of his ambitions. All according to the KH3 trailer and Xehanort reports.

Spectre_Dia

You know I had similar thought towards this since Back Cover nor X[Chi] didn't show any hints towards the X-blade. Not even the Master of Masters or any of his apprentices spoke of it. If this is the case then it could explain why Ventus was afraid of fighting Heartless in the badlands in his backstory. He was still suffering from PTSD and the possible deaths of his remaining friends in the Dandelions.

Ven definitely did not have a good childhood if this is the case. As for why history records the 2 wars as one is probably because they happened so closely next to each other that future Keyblade wielders referred it as a single huge war. Nice theory by the way.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks, and yes. Since these events happened ages and ages ago, and possibly very close together, they could have gotten combined into one general "war". Especially if it took place in the same location.

I am well aware that Xehanort knew stuff before he ever met Ven. But Xehanort only knows what stories and books say. Ven could have a special perspective on this, turning Xehanort from a talkative man to a man of action since the proof is in the pudding with Ven's existence. (if that is even the case,that's not the juice of this theory)

It still bothers me that the blade has yet to be mentioned. This is why Backcover needed to cover so much more >.> *sigh* NOMURA

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, the X-blade was mentioned, just only in an interview yet again *heavy sigh*.
According to Nomura, the Master of Masters "knows" about the X-blade and uses it as an inspiration to "create" his own Keyblades:
By the way, in this world that can be considered to be during “the time period spoken about in fairytales”, what sort of position is the X-blade in?

Nomura: The Master knows about its existence. Using the X-blade as a model, he creates his own Keyblades. Well, by create I don’t mean that in the physical sense, such as forging and tempering them, I mean more along the lines of pulling one out from the depths of a heart.

One also has to remember that the Keyblade War being fought over the X-blade, as mentioned in the Xehanort Reports, is only a hypothesis/theory made by Xehanort.
There is no proof that the X-blade actually played the important role in the actual war Xehanort attributes to it, as not even Xehanort is infallible and he can be wrong on things as well.

That being said, we also do not see the whole scope of the actual war in Browser Chi, only the events surrounding the Player Avatar.
We do not know the actual final fates of the Foretellers and what might have happened between the Player Avatar collapsing from exhaustion and the opening scene from 0.2 where we see Luxu watching a KH apparently absorbing countless hearts.

Fact is that this KH wasn't there while the actual fighting the Player Avatar participates in happens, so it was either created using the hearts of all the fallen Keykids (and the massive amount of Lux collected, especially by Gula) or somehow summoned.
Either way, if someone would want to access this KH a version of the X-blade would certainly be needed and we do know that at the very end the X-blade shattered although we do not yet know why.

The X-blade being involved somehow can be certainly counted as confirmed, but it is nowhere stated that it has as much importance for the war itself as Xehanort makes it out to have in his theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back