• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Two Factor Verification is great to protect your accounts but sucks when your phone dies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's it. That's the topic. My phone is dead so all of my two-factor verification methods don't work because it was tied to my phone so I can't log into any of my accounts 8D

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
From an Accounting student mindset, I support 2FA. But from a consumer point of view, it's a nuisance, and the point you bring up is very valid.

But if there's a service everyone should have 2FA on, it's PSN. Man, I get text messages prompting me to enter the access code at least once or twice a month, and I haven't even accessed my account. It baffles me how poor Sony's security is.

...or how dedicated these Sony hackers are.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I agree on that, tho yar, it can be annoying. I have two factor on a lot of my accounts too, tho I have it split between my phone and my Kindle Fire. (XIV has a way to rip it off if you really have to, I make sure I keep the password for that saved in case my Kindle dies.)

Hope you get a new phone soon, Spockanort!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
yeah that can be annoying, but would you rather have your phone die or your account hacked?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yeah that can be annoying, but would you rather have your phone die or your account hacked?

Neither lol

If I can’t access my phone for my accounts, I can’t access my accounts at all which makes my accounts useless lol

I think 2FA is great but it’s not the perfect solution when it creates its own problems in its own ways.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Spockanort; this might not work for ALL your accounts but I strongly suggest you try installing Bluestacks. If you were using any two factor apps, that MIGHT just let you get into those accounts. Just install the offending apps in that and you might be able to reactivate 'em and get the old app off the offending account. (I strongly suggest you keep it around as a backup from now on after you get your new phone tho.)

With XIV you prolly will have to call tech support tho to yoink it off first...unless you saved the emergency removal password. Same with Sony, tho it's better for them to wait until you got your new phone since their two factor's tied to your phone number (And I don't trust Sony's security further than I could throw our minivan.).

Hope that helps you a little bit though, and I hope your new phone's in the mail! Or fixed or whatever.

Last edited:
Back