• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Twilight Town

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofy5555

If it has'nt been posted already:
Sora and the other DI Kids NEVER lived on the island it was their play island (thus the boats) to back this up if you replay KH you see Sora in his room and when he realizes the storm going outs on the outside he looks out his window and sees The DI so he couldnt live on DI.

Rezren

DI = Destiny Islands
Sora still lives in Destiny Islands(the world as a whole), just not on that specific island you were on in KH1.

ChampionofChaos

I don't know of any of the mythological referances i keep on reading in these posts. but let me try to see if i got most of it. In Greek/Roman mythology, there are three types of afterlife.

there is Elysium(Heaven), Tarturus(Hell), and another(don't remember name but could possibly represent in between. i.e. purgatory, whatever.)

and then there's earth. (present)

so 'light' could be a representation of Elysium, 'darkness' of Tarurus, 'in between' of purgatory, and 'present' representing the material plane of the worlds that Sora visits.

Now, as far as this thread is concerned, I believe that the BHK, and his friends from the KH2 trailer are th only characters of note that live in TT (I'm quite sure that many people live there, but you probably don't interact with them on any grand scale).

GuardianSora

Oh now I get it!^_^ChampionofChaos I thought that you just wanted to spam. So what you're saying is that all the inhabatents of destiny island(BHK's friends) used to live in Twilight Town?

One-Winged-Angel

Counterpart said:
I believe thats the home town of Sora,BHK,Kairi,Riku,Tidus,Wakka and Selphie(basically all the none cartoon characters).Even though there is no proof of it but u can't actually believe they live on an island.

wasn't kairi from hollow bastion?

jmaine06

Website
s14.invisionfree.com
GuardianSora said:
Oh now I get it!^_^ChampionofChaos I thought that you just wanted to spam. So what you're saying is that all the inhabatents of destiny island(BHK's friends) used to live in Twilight Town?

No, you're so confused. None of the main characters from Destiny Islands lived in Twilight Town, or presently live in Twilight Town.

cecil the great

U people need to get it through our heads that TT and DI are different worlds. Yes the area were u played at in the first game is there play area. When we see Kairi in the trailer is still is DI but on another Island, probably the main Island. U haven't really given me any real facts that show there connected in any way. I think even Noruma said that TT would be another World to go to.

C

chaoschao

Yes...Her grandmother is standing in the Library at Hallow Bastion, and vaguely remembers it when Sora brings it up. Also, it is very popular to think that she is who Ansem talks about when he says 'special girl' in Ansem Report 11 (or 12, I forget).

GuardianSora

chaoschao said:
Yes...Her grandmother is standing in the Library at Hallow Bastion, and vaguely remembers it when Sora brings it up. Also, it is very popular to think that she is who Ansem talks about when he says 'special girl' in Ansem Report 11 (or 12, I forget).

Grandma? Where did you get that?^_^

C

chaoschao

Did you even play Kingdom Hearts to the end? If you did, you'd remember that her grandmother gave a speech on light and the door (kingdom hearts itself).

Here's the exact quote:

Kairi's Grandmother: (to young Kairi) Long ago, people lived in peace,
bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people
began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And
darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the
light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world
disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of
children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost
world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep
within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided
from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will
open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the
deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in
the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will
shine with its power and push the darkness away. Do you understand,
Kairi?

See?

GuardianSora

chaoschao said:
Did you even play Kingdom Hearts to the end? If you did, you'd remember that her grandmother gave a speech on light and the door (kingdom hearts itself).

Here's the exact quote:

Kairi's Grandmother: (to young Kairi) Long ago, people lived in peace,
bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people
began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And
darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the
light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world
disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of
children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost
world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep
within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided
from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will
open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the
deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in
the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will
shine with its power and push the darkness away. Do you understand,
Kairi?

See?

I did! I finished the game(American)! But i'm not japanese so I've never played Final Mix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back