• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~Twilight Hearts~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
This is my first fic, so it's probably going to suck or not be as good as the other Fan-Fic's. Please do not flame

“...” = Talking

‘…’= Thinking

[…]= My Commentary

Font= Disembodied Voice

~Twilight Hearts~

Intro:

“Zeph, Zeph. Wake up stupid!” A sudden pain hit the boy on the side of his head.

“What was that for, Regan?” asked the boy wearing a white, unzipped jacket over a red T- shirt and baggy pants. The boy arose to his feet to meet an angry looking girl wearing a bandana on her head and tang-top with flowers and regular jeans for pants.

“Do you always slack off? You were supposed to meet us by the beach on the other end of the island an hour ago.”

“I guess I just lost track of time”

“Is that the best excuse you’ve got?” asked Regan as she hit Zeph over the side of the head with her fist. “Whatever, just get your sorry butt moving. Your sister thought you went swimming and got eaten by a shark and we would find you mutilated body washed up along the shore.”

“Hph.” he chuckled “That would haft to be about the worst thing to happen on her birthday. I should just tell her that nothing will ever happen to me.”

“You know, you shouldn’t be so cocky”

“Why not?”

“Because, it makes for bad character, but then again no one cares about your character. Well come on, get your butt moving. It’s getting late and we’ve got a long walk across Dreamer Island.”

-1 hour later-

“Who knew that this island was that big” said Regan as she walked along side Zeph on the sea shore. “My legs are sore all over.”

“You better get used to it, because we’re going to be stuck on this stupid island for a long time.”

‘Man, he’s really sick of this island. He’s been stuck on this island all his life. I guess you can’t blame him.’

“Stop day dreaming Regan. We’re here.”

Zeph ran atop a giant pile of sand to see a boy in a T-shirt and jeans and a small girl standing with blonde hair standing right beside him.

“We didn’t think that you guys would ever get here” said the boy

“It’s only a small delay. You’re usually even later than me, Brendan” Zeph said with a hint of sarcasm.

Brendan wore a red T-shirt and baggy pants with lots of zippers. The girl wore a pink skirt with a yellow T-shirt.

“Big brother” yelled the girl. “I thought that you were in trouble”

“What kind of trouble do you think I would have gotten into on your birthday? You need to stop worrying Shelby; I’m always going to be there for you.” Zeph said in a sincere tone

“Sorry to ruin this moment, but thanks yours and Regan’s slacking off, it’s more than a small delay. It’s already sunset.” complained Brendan

“What did I do?” whined Regan while she was still trying to get over the sand dune. “You guys told me to go get him!”

“Not much we can do to change that so we might as well go home," said Zeph. "Mom should have dinner done by now. Come on Shelby, we need to get home before it gets dark.”

“Okay Zeph. See you guys tomorrow.” said Brendan in a now cheerful voice

As Zeph and Shelby began walking home, it got dark and they started talking.”

“So what does it feel like being seven?” asked Zeph

“I feel older and that’s about it.” Replied Shelby

“Really, because when-.”

“Look, look. A falling star.” Interrupted Shelby “Ooh, and another one, and over there. Man, there are a lot of falling stars tonight.”

“That’s odd. There are hardly any shooting stars around here. Whoa, we better pick up the pace.” He said while looking at his watch. He grabbed Shelby’s hand and started to run home.

-The Next Morning-

“Come on Zeph. We don’t want to be late again.” Said Shelby as she jumped up and down on Zeph’s bed. “Were going to be late again, and its going to be your entire fault!”

“Okay, Okay” moaned Zeph as he arose from his bed, took a shower, shoved a piece of toast down his throat; almost suffocated from choking on it, and then brushed his teeth. [He cares a lot about dental hygiene] “I’m ready. Let’s get moving before we get a scolding from Regan. You know how nasty her temper can get.”

“Yeah, I know. Once I think I saw her spit fire” yelled Shelby as the two walked out the door into the bright, summer sunlight of Dreamer Island. The two talked about this and that and a variety of things as they walked across the island.

“So that’s where you think babies come from? Babies fall from the sky?”

“Yeah, of course. Where else would they come from?”

“Man; you’ve got a lot to learn.”

“Fine; you believe what you want to believe and I’ll believe what I want to believe.” said Shelby in a persnickety voice.

“We’re only a quick sprint away from the docks. Race ya!” Zeph sprinted up and ran to the dock which was clearly visible.

“Don’t run so fast. I can barely keep up.” Shelby whined while trying to keep up with Zeph.

“Bout time you got here” said Brendan as Zeph walked onto the dock to meet bolth Brendan and Regan.

“Let me guess: You forgot to set your alarm last night.” Badgered Regan with glaring eyes. Zeph walked over to the side of the dock and leaned on the guard rail.

“Well you know how I am I like to take-” the old rusty guard rail snapped and Zeph fell deep into the bright blue sea.

To be continued…

It may seem like I’m copying KH, but it’s supposed to be somewhat of a parallel to the beginning of KH, but then my story will branch out and be a complete opposite. It will only show 1 world that has appeared in the KH series. Please do not flame because of this. If there is something you think is wrong with my writing or story or i'm not writing in detail, please tell me

Last edited:

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine

Sorry for double post

“...” = Talking

‘…’= Thinking

[…]= My Commentary

Font= Disembodied Voice

~Twilight Hearts~

Chapter 1: And so it begins…

‘Is this what it feels like to die?’ Zeph thought to himself as he slowly drifted to the bottom of the sea. ‘That’s odd. I landed in the shallow water. How could it be this deep?’ Soon Zeph gently floated down onto a giant, round platform with a picture of a hooded figure in black cloak [Sound familiar] and an orange background. Around the figure were 12 more hooded figure’s except they weren’t enlarged. “Where am I?” he said to himself.

"Power sleeps within you…” a pedestal appeared to Zeph’s left with a giant, silvery-white key floating an inch above it. "If you give it form…” another pedestal appeared to his right, but this time there was a black key. “You can conquer anything.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll play along. This is just some crazy dream anyways.” Zeph walked over to the pedestal to his left and read a plaque that was engraved into it.

With the path of light you shall smite down all that is wrong and contaminated with darkness. You will do anything to destroy the darkness. It is a long path, but you will be able succeed.
-Oathkeeper

'Anything” to destroy the darkness?’ Before I make my decision I should look at the other.

With the path of darkness you shall conquer anything that stands in your path. You fear the light and seek to destroy it. It is a short path and with what you have learned you shall be a dark ruler.
-Oblivion

‘Neither of these sound to my liking.’ Zeph heard a chiming sound coming from behind him. He turned to see what it was. “There stood a third pedestal with a tan key with a sun at the top of it on the left side with a moon within the sun. The guard was crafted into perfectly curved angel-like wings. “This one looks different.” He walked over to it and examined the plaque.

This is the path of Twilight. You shall wield the powers of both Light, and Darkness. You fight for neither. This is a standard path and shall lead you to great strength.
-Dawning Shadow

‘This one seems, different.’ Zeph reached out his hand and grabbed the handle. When he grabbed, a bell chime rang and the blade disintegrated into specks of golden dust. The pillars began to crumble and the mysterious voice returned.

"Now that you have chosen a weapon,” The platform began to rumble. "It is time to fight.” Suddenly a giant black demented claw came up from over the edge a smashed down on then platform and pushed the attached body onto the platform. “Damn” Zeph thought to himself. The giant monster had for a head what looked like a knight’s helmet. Its left arm was white and hap a pure look to while its right hand was dark and demented and had black tentacles sprouting from it. On it’s were wings, angel-like and bat-like. Each wing was in back of the corresponding arm. (Angel wing=left arm, Bar wing=right arm). The ferocious monster puffed out his armor shaped torso and let loose a massive roar. All Zeph could do was stand still and watch in fear. ‘What kind of dream is this?” Zeph thought to himself. It all seems, seems… too real” Without warning the monster slapped down his hand, attempting to hit Zeph. Zeph dodged by jumping back, but lost his balance and fell.

“Okay, time to get serious!” Zeph said, not exactly sure who he was saying it to but oh well. Zeph was back on his feet and had his giant key thing in hand and ready for battle. Zeph charged forward at the monster. It slashed its hand sideways, but Zeph ducked and did an uppercut, slicing off the creatures left index finger. “Ha, this isn’t so hard”. The giant index finger which was flying through the air disintegrated into white dust and a new finger grew back where the old once was. “Guess I spoke to soon. Crap! How am I supposed kill this thing!?” while Zeph was to busy thinking about a strategy the monster pulled back his wings and then flapped them creating a great, storm-like wind. Zeph was blown back; doing flips in the air and banging his head against the glass. “Rggg. I’m not going to give up like that.” With his lip bleeding very badley, he rose to his feet; prepared to fight once more.

To be continued…
This is shorter to save time. I'll post the next one tommorow. Enjoy:)

Last edited:

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
“...” = Talking

‘…’= Thinking

[…]= My Commentary

Font= Disembodied Voice

~Twilight Hearts~

Chapter 2: When the going gets tough

“I’m not going to lose!” Zeph said as he tried to encourage himself. He charged with the big key ready. The beast swatted Zeph back onto the ground. It raised its hand and tried to crush Zeph. All Zeph could then see was darkness. “Whaaa!” Zeph found himself sitting down on the sandy shore with his friends surrounding him.

“Bout time you waked up.” Said Brendan

“How, wha and, wait what happened?”

“We found you asleep here an hour ago.” Replied Regan. Zeph checked to see if his lip was bleeding. He found his fingers smothered with blood.

“Why is my lip bleeding?”

“Ah about that,” said Brendan in a guilty voice. “I smacked you across the face with a reed to see if that would wake you up.”

“Oh, well I’m tired and gunna go catch some sleep. Come on Shelby.”

“O.K brother!” said Shelby in a pure, innocent voice.

~*Later That Night*~

“How could a dream be that real?” Zeph said to himself as he laid on his bed in his room. “I could actually feel the dripping from my lip and my head; I could feel the pain, and that giant key. What was that key-thing?”

“Zeph, Come down and set the table.” Called his mother from the kitchen. Zeph arose from his bed and walked down stairs into the kitchen. He grabbed the stack of plates sitting on the kitchen. His mom was standing above a big pot filled with a bubbling liquid.

“What’s for dinner?”

“Avocado smoked fish with hot sauce!” said his mom in a charming voice.

“Oh, that’s nice,” said Zeph in a calm, shy voice. “So where’s Shelby?”

“She went outside a while ago to get some air. You might want to go find her. A storm is coming.” She said as she looked out the window to see a beach shore with a sky filled with dark clouds. Zeph tied his shoe laces together and walked out the door.

“Shelby! Shelllby!” Zeph spotted her on the other side of the beach standing up with her arm resting on a tree. Zeph ran over to her to get her to come inside. “Come on Shelby its time for dinner.”

“Life is like is like a treasure box,” She said in a solemn tone. “You’ll never know what it holds unless you take a chance and open it. Are you gunna take that chance?”

“Shelby are you feeling okay?” Suddenly there was a great flash and every thing stood still. The rain drops stood still in mid air and the wind stopped howling. Every thing was o.k. except that Shelby was missing. Zeph just stood there and looked around. A voice ran through the beach into Zeph’s mind

Are you going to cry?

To be continued…
Here you go. This one short because i didn't want you guys to get bored waiting.
I'll get a lot chapters written this week because of no school. Sorry their is not a lot of stuff appening in this chapter.

Last edited:

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
“...” = Talking

‘…’= Thinking

[…]= My Commentary

Font = Disembodied Voice

~Twilight Hearts~

Chapter 3: Echo’s

“Are you going to cry?” This phrase ran throughout the island and strait into Zeph’s head. It felt like his head was about to blow.

“Stop, please. Shelby… where are you?” Zeph said to himself, tears about to fall from his eyes. He could see dark vines coming from the sand start to rise. They started to run up Zeph’s leg. He felt the sense of emptiness and sorrow. “No! I’m not going to succumb to the darkness!” Their was a great flash and the vines were disintegrated; and in his hand was the giant key from his dream.

“So my dream was real.”

“So “this” is the power of the keyblade. I expected more.” Zeph turned to see a man with silky silver hair in a pony tail and a white goatee. He had 3 stitches under his left eye.

“Who, Who are you?” Zeph asked in question

“Your sister knows.”

“What did you do with Shelby?”

“In do time, in due time.”

Zeph grew enraged by the man teasing and he raised his keyblade and charged “You son of a-“ Zeph had passed right through the man; just like a ghost.

“What, What are you?”

“I’m… an enigma. But know it is time to test your power.” Then dark figures began top rise from the ground. The were hunched over and had antennas on their heads and great tentacle like things on their backs

Zeph raised his keyblade and began slashing at the creatures. While Zeph was fighting the man seemed to just vanish. “What were those things?” Zeph said to himself. He looked around. He looked up to see a giant rotating hole in the center of the sky. It began sucking pieces of the island. Zeph could begin to feel the wind trying to suck him in. For some strange reason, Zeph let himself get sucked in. Their was a flash of light and Zeph found himself in a area with clouds circling the area

“Hello” said a sweet charming voice. Zeph turned around to see a girl in green dress and wearing a moon inside a sun necklace. “Are you lost?” Zeph remained silent “Well, you can call me Kaylee.” There was another flash of light and Zeph found himself on a hard, brick floor.

To be continued…
O.k. sorry it took so long to write this one. I wasn’t able to reach a computer all week. Enjoy 

Last edited:

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
haha...the story's really good! Keep it comin'!! Wonder why no one added a comment yet...hehehe...well, I'm here!! Please keep writing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back