• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Twilight-Breaking Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did you like it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
was absolute crap.
Yeah.
Meyer was able to screw that up pretty bad.
Discuss.\

There will be spoilers.
I don't want to use spoiler boxes.
So if you don't read the first post, you're an idiot anyways.
Read at your own risk.

Last edited:

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
Well, the ending of Breaking Dawn was disappointing imo.
Not even a fight?
what the hell.

Gabo

I know!
They had everything leading up to a fight...
It would have been amazingggg

dsjilkfa;jdesk;l

MOST ANTICLIMACTIC ENDING EVER!

FRICKIN HATE IT

The plot was retarded.
A half breed baby?

Jacob imprinted on the frigin baby.
Thats really retarded.
That was just Meyer's way out of the little love triangle.

The only good part of the book was Jacob's part involving the attack on the Cullens then him creating his own pack...Though he and Sam were buddies again in a matter of weeks.

Yeah.
I hate you Meyer.
Way to make the book rushed and crappy.

risingfalls

DAMN STRAIGHT
Srsly.

How the hell do you have a meeting with the Volturi and not even have a fight?
How do you have a story with Vampires that are virtually indestructible and incredibly powerful, and not even have a fight?
Anticlimatic much.
How can she recycle the same shit in all 4 books?
I mean, it seems that Bella is always going to try and protect <insert someone's name here>, and then it always turns out that she was completely mistaken in her thinking and she pwns herself.
I was SO PISSED when Alice showed up and pretty much rendered all of Bella's efforts to get the legal paperwork done null and void.
I mean, she took out any kind of conflict in the story.
Why does she have no problem transitioning from human to vampire?
She just has great self control b/c of her mental preparedness?

And the imprinting thing, I didn't mind it that much, but it made me wonder.
If Jacob and Bella had actually gotten together and had a baby, would Jacob had imprinted on it?
ugh.

I have to admit, I liked Jacob's book. That was the best part.

that book had some effing potential, but it seemed like every oppurtunity she had to make it better, she just screwed up.

Gabo

When did I say Damn Straight?
xDDDDDD

How the hell do you have a meeting with the Volturi and not even have a fight?
How do you have a story with Vampires that are virtually indestructible and incredibly powerful, and not even have a fight?
You forgot to include all the powers they went on about for quite a long time.

Also, wtf with the Romanians?
Besides the fact we learned next to nothing, they were made out to be important, yet they were content with the Volturi only being embarrassed pretty much?
wtf?

I was SO PISSED when Alice showed up and pretty much rendered all of Bella's efforts to get the legal paperwork done null and void.
Exactly.
I was like..okay. They have that much. They clearly wouldn't have that for some stupid little reason.

Why does she have no problem transitioning from human to vampire?
Another thing I swear she decided to throw in there because she was lazy.

And the imprinting thing, I didn't mind it that much, but it made me wonder.
If Jacob and Bella had actually gotten together and had a baby, would Jacob had imprinted on it?
ugh.
I'd still prefer the Leah-Jacob thing.
Especially since it seems like they were going in that direction, but nope.
Jacob left her high and dry.
GHEYYYY.

I have to admit, I liked Jacob's book. That was the best part.
Up until the last page when he imprinted, I agree with you.

I wish it was Jacob that had to deliver the baby though.
>.>

that book had some effing potential, but it seemed like every oppurtunity she had to make it better, she just screwed up.
Quoted for truth.
~Reps you~

risingfalls

You forgot to include all the powers they went on
about for quite a long time.
I know.
They didn't even need to be used.
Half the book was about Demetri needing to be destroyed. And nothing happens.
They were in fear of Renata, the shield. She jut stands around looking frickin uncomfortable.

Also, wtf with the Romanians?
Besides the fact we learned next to nothing, they were made out to be important, yet they were content with the Volturi only being embarrassed pretty much?
wtf?
I know rite.
What pointless character development.
only this book could make character development pointless. =/
They get you all excited for a dramatic showdown, and then we get a quick retreat.

Exactly.
I was like..okay. They have that much. They clearly wouldn't have that for some stupid little reason.
That was the equivalent of filler in anime.

Another thing I swear she decided to throw in there because she was lazy.
qft.
she just decided to take the easy way out with some of these things.
I wouldn't have cared if the wait was longer if she took some time to develop her story some more.

I'd still prefer the Leah-Jacob thing.
Especially since it seems like they were going in that direction, but nope.
Jacob left her high and dry.
GHEYYYY.
I know!!
She went through all this trouble to tell of the pain that Leah went through, she has Jacob and Leah connect over something, and then, she throws all that away so that he can imprint on Renesmee.
We have to settle for Leah becoming Jacob's beta. And Leah's still lonely.

I wish it was Jacob that had to deliver the baby though.
>.>
that would have been gold.

Quoted for truth.
~Reps you~
why thank you.

Gabo

@Risingfalls.

jadl;jsf
Like I understand that it'd prolly have been difficult for the book to have met my standards.
But like..
It was such utter failure
=\

Just idk. I don't know why she did that.
I'm going to assume drugs.

Yeah.
This prolly isn't a book I'll read again anytime soon.

Waste of 14 dollars.
>.<

risingfalls

After reading the Host (I never read it), some of my friends had told me that Meyer's writing had improved since writing Twilight.
So I got my hopes up.
Mistake.
I mean, I knew it wasn't going to be the best book I had ever read, but I enjoyed the ride until the LAST book.
At least give us a proper ending.

It was such utter failure
=\
exactly.
I'm going to assume drugs.
this is possible.
She credits Muse as one of her inspirations in writing the book. Somehow, it pisses me off that she dragged a good band into that disappointment of a book.

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
First let me say: WHAT THE MOTHER ****!?

Really.

It was so damn good! I was sitting there thinking "This is going to be an epic ending" Then..it got..Gay. I could see the baby thing happening. Cause someone asked a question "Can a wolf imprint on a vampire?" And I was thinking "Tanya for Jacob" Then we..giot..a random ass kid. WHOS LIKE A FRCIKEN SMART CHILD. Then Jacob imprints and Im like "lol" I wanted to just throw the book.

Also: Really big women.

Gabo

this is possible.
She credits Muse as one of her inspirations in writing the book. Somehow, it pisses me off that she dragged a good band into that disappointment of a book.
Its depressing.

It was so damn good! I was sitting there thinking "This is going to be an epic ending" Then..it got..Gay. I could see the baby thing happening. Cause someone asked a question "Can a wolf imprint on a vampire?" And I was thinking "Tanya for Jacob" Then we..giot..a random ass kid. WHOS LIKE A FRCIKEN SMART CHILD. Then Jacob imprints and Im like "lol" I wanted to just throw the book.
I did toss the book.
I refused to read it for a while, thats how disappointed I was.

I should put a poll

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
I was laughing at how stupid I am. I went the party..Made shirts with friends Got all ****ing hyped up. Then was depressed for a few days thinking I wasted 14 bucks and ten hours at the mall. Read the book and then feel like a total idiot. Really. Eclipse hands down owned all four put together. It was so damn good. Maybe if they didnt rush her to get the book done It might have been better thought out. But she did say that "The book is something you would never expect"

Gabo

I was laughing at how stupid I am. I went the party..Made shirts with friends Got all ****ing hyped up. Then was depressed for a few days thinking I wasted 14 bucks and ten hours at the mall. Read the book and then feel like a total idiot. Really. Eclipse hands down owned all four put together. It was so damn good. Maybe if they didnt rush her to get the book done It might have been better thought out. But she did say that "The book is something you would never expect"

I liked Eclipse the best. It was really good.

And well, noone expected it to be this bad...

risingfalls

I did toss the book.
I refused to read it for a while, thats how disappointed I was.
oh good I wasn't the only one.
I had to set the book down and walk away quite a few times.

awwwww
that sucks.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree that it was good, but the ending could have been a little bit better, although I did find it a little bit suspenseful. I was thinking, 'Are they going to fight or not? Is the child dangerous in their eyes? C'mon, make a decision!'

Gabo

I agree that it was good, but the ending could have been a little bit better, although I did find it a little bit suspenseful. I was thinking, 'Are they going to fight or not? Is the child dangerous in their eyes? C'mon, make a decision!'
There were six pages left.
It was obvious there wouldn't be anything violent or something.

It was so bad..
Yeah

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Okay you bunch of negative little brats.

There was no fight.

Disappointing? Sure.

But were you even paying attention at all? A fight would have meant defeat. That was made perfectly clear. If they would have fought they all would have died. The Cullens, the Quiluetes, and all of those that decided to fight with them.

And if that would have happened you all would have complained about that as well.

And any of you that didn't already have it figured out that Jacob was going to imprint on Renesmee couldn't have been paying much attention either. Either that or you're just really slow.
Because it was never about WHO Bella was going to end up with. It was never that whole "Edward Vs, Jacob" argument so many people have partaken in. It was merely how they were both going to fit into her life with no ongoing pain or heartbreak for Jacob. Because we all knew she was going to end up with Edward. I mean c'mon.

And the only way for Jacob to be free of his heartbreak over Bella was for him to imprint on someone else.

And it was only common sense that he would imprint on Renesmee.
That made the ties between the Quiluetes and the Cullens stronger.
And it put Jacob in a permanent place very close to Bella, but with no constant heartbreak for him or guilt for Bella.
And no awkwardness or hostility between Edward and Jacob. (Well, except for at first of course.)

So what if Leah is still lonely? What does her happiness have to do with the story anyways? And besides that, anyone that was smart enough to figure anything out could see that Leah and Jacob were merely becoming friends and nothing more.

And the "half-breed baby" thing...it also made perfect sense for another reason entirely.
Even after Edward and Bella were married, he still wanted to put off making her a vampire.
Why? Because he still felt like he was going to be taking things away from her. Human things.
The chance to be a mother to a child that belonged to her biologically, for instance.
Enter Bella's little nudger.
Problem solved.
And so Bella had every human experience she had ever wanted, and no reason for Edward to feel as though he had taken anything human away from her.

And Bella didn't have any problems with her transition because she is BELLA. She was born to be a vampire. And also I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the pregnany and the blood drinking she had to do while she was still human. That's just my theory though.

Gabo

But were you even paying attention at all? A fight would have meant defeat. That was made perfectly clear. If they would have fought they all would have died. The Cullens, the Quiluetes, and all of those that decided to fight with them.
Except for the fact the tide was in their favor.
Definitely.

And if that would have happened you all would have complained about that as well.
There would have been losses, and some of us would have been sad about deaths, but the ending would have been much better.

And any of you that didn't already have it figured out that Jacob was going to imprint on Renesmee couldn't have been paying much attention either. Either that or you're just really slow.
Because it was never about WHO Bella was going to end up with. It was never that whole "Edward Vs, Jacob" argument so many people have partaken in. It was merely how they were both going to fit into her life with no ongoing pain or heartbreak for Jacob. Because we all knew she was going to end up with Edward. I mean c'mon.
The imprint was retardation and a scapegoat.
You could tell that there in fact was an Edward versus Jacob argument.
The whole ending of eclipse was proof of that.

And no awkwardness or hostility between Edward and Jacob. (Well, except for at first of course.)
Scapegoat.

So what if Leah is still lonely? What does her happiness have to do with the story anyways? And besides that, anyone that was smart enough to figure anything out could see that Leah and Jacob were merely becoming friends and nothing more.

~Points at the bonding between Leah and Jacob during his book~
"Lets become a pack of two?"
Yeah. Shut up.

And the "half-breed baby" thing...it also made perfect sense for another reason entirely.
Even after Edward and Bella were married, he still wanted to put off making her a vampire.
Why? Because he still felt like he was going to be taking things away from her. Human things.
The chance to be a mother to a child that belonged to her biologically, for instance.
Enter Bella's little nudger.
Problem solved.
And so Bella had every human experience she had ever wanted, and no reason for Edward to feel as though he had taken anything human away from her.
It was retardation.
She hadn't even wanted that experience.
She was willing to give it up without a second glance.

And Bella didn't have any problems with her transition because she is BELLA. She was born to be a vampire. And also I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the pregnany and the blood drinking she had to do while she was still human. That's just my theory though.
It was nothing more than a scapegoat.

Yeah.
I enjoy the Twilight series, but the ending was crap
It had potential, but it wasn't even close to being met.
You're nothing more than a blind fan.
There's no use arguing with you.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
Except for the fact the tide was in their favor.
Definitely.

There would have been losses, and some of us would have been sad about deaths, but the ending would have been much better.

The imprint was retardation and a scapegoat.
You could tell that there in fact was an Edward versus Jacob argument.
The whole ending of eclipse was proof of that.

Scapegoat.

~Points at the bonding between Leah and Jacob during his book~
"Lets become a pack of two?"
Yeah. Shut up.

LEAH JUST WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM SAM. SHE EVEN SAID THAT SHE'D NEVER BOTHER JACOB AS LONG AS SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO SAM'S PACK

It was retardation.
She hadn't even wanted that experience.
She was willing to give it up without a second glance.

BUT YET SHE SAID SHE HADN'T THOUGHT SHE WANTED THAT EXPERIENCE UNTIL SHE REALIZED SHE WAS PREGNANT

It was nothing more than a scapegoat.

Yeah.
I enjoy the Twilight series, but the ending was crap
It had potential, but it wasn't even close to being met.
You're nothing more than a blind fan.
There's no use arguing with you.

I never said there was nothing that disappointed me. Its just that all of the things that are being complained about in this thread is completely stupid.

Last edited:

Gabo

I never said there was nothing that disappointed me. Its just that all of the things that are being complained about in this thread is completely stupid.
I'll have to disagree.
I think me and risingfalls both brought up a number of good reasons why the book didn't meet its potential.

And sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back