• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY -The Animation- UG SHIBUYA FES announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have announced a special online event for The World Ends With You -The Animation-! Titled "UG Shibuya Fes," it will be held on March 14th, 2021 and will consist of two parts: "World Premiere" and the "UG Shibuya Museum."

"World Premiere" will feature an advanced screening of Episode 1 of the anime, as well as a live talk session with the main cast. 

"UG Shibuya Museum" is a digital exhibition that will be accessible from March 14th – July 30th. Look forward to seeing behind-the-scenes works for the animation, unpublished artwork, fanart submissions and more! There will also be exclusive merchandise available for purchase, which will be announced at a later date.

Date and Time: 

Sunday March 14th, 2021 from 5:30pm (JST)

Guests: 

Koki Uchiyama (as Neku), Anna Hachimine (as Shiki), Subaru Kimura (as Beat), Ayana Taketatsu (as Rhyme), Ryohei Kimura (as Joshua), Kazuya Ichikawa (Director)

Schedule:

• Session 1: World Premiere
    • Greetings by the director and cast (with English Interpreter)
    • Advance screening of episode 1 (with English subtitles)
    • Discussion (with English Interpreter)
  • Session 2: Talk Session with Cast members
    • Talk Session with Cast members
    • Exclusive raffle for viewers

How to participate: 

It will be a pay per view subscription on ZAIKO, a live online platform. You can participate by purchasing 1 of the following 4 types of tickets:

(A) World Premiere 2,200 yen (Tax included)
(B) World Premiere + Talk Session with Cast 3,300 yen (Tax included)
(C) World Premiere + Limited edition merchandise 17,600 yen (Tax included)
(D) World Premiere + Talk Session with Cast + Limited edition merchandise 18,700 yen (Tax included)

Sales Period: 

Monday March 1st, 2021 8pm (JST) – Sunday March 21st, 2021 8pm (JST)

〈Limited Edition Merchandise〉

goods

We will be selling tickets that include limited edition merchandise that can only be purchased at this event.

Art Skateboard (Limited Design World Premiere edition)

Specifications: Size (8.0” x 31.5”) Weight (1200g)
*Design subject to change

Date and Time: 

Sunday March 14th, 2021 from 6pm (JST) to July 30th, 2021
  • Accessibility from outside of Japan will stop on March 31st, 2021.
How to enter: 

Free admission
24/7 access by smartphone or PC

• URL (will be notified)
  • Account registration needed to like or comment exhibit.

How to participate in the fan art exhibit:

Post your “The World Ends with You” artwork on twitter with hashtag #UGSHIBUYAART and #TWEWY Submissions start Monday March 1st 2021. Deadline (will be notified).

• Only art created by submitter will be allowed. It can be an earlier art piece.
  • If you mention Anique (@anique_jp) in your post, we will let you know after we exhibit your art
  • If your art includes any of the following, we may decide not to include it in our exhibit
    • Characters from other content such as games, manga, animation, etc…
    • Sexual or discriminatory expression
    • Religious or political views
  • Other elements that the “The World Ends with You” production committee deems inappropriate.

Visit the event page for more details.

Additionally, the official The World Ends with You -The Animation- website has updated with the full keyart featuring the main cast and antagonists:

For the combined Player vs Reaper artwork with the normal sky background, click here.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, that's a lot of money. *opens wallet*

Man, I don't skateboard but I want that deck so bad. Dip into my savings so I can continue hoarding shit I have no space or need for, or save my money?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The deck is actually really cool. The graffiti side is so amazing, but I ain’t shelling out money for it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The first episode was great! Sped on right through the first few days, so it does make quite a number of changes. Gearing up for a 12-episode series by this pacing. One change was definitely a shocker...

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The first episode was great! Sped on right through the first few days, so it does make quite a number of changes. Gearing up for a 12-episode series by this pacing. One change was definitely a shocker...
12 episodes? Well.. that’s disappointing but not surprising😑 But if the pacing is done well, it can work🤔.

Does anyone know if you can still watch the first episode?
The episode will be streaming until the 21st March at 7:30pm JST

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
12 episodes? Well.. that’s disappointing but not surprising😑 But if the pacing is done well, it can work🤔.

The episode will be streaming until the 21st March at 7:30pm JST
Yeah, I’m not surprised either. I imagine it is to avoid running the risk of the show not being popular and spending too much money on it.

Hopefully they nail the pacing. The first episode gave a lot of people a bit of whiplash because of how it skipped a few thing and with just how fast it was, but it wasn’t so fast that it was bad.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah, I’m not surprised either. I imagine it is to avoid running the risk of the show not being popular and spending too much money on it.

Hopefully they nail the pacing. The first episode gave a lot of people a bit of whiplash because of how it skipped a few thing and with just how fast it was, but it wasn’t so fast that it was bad.
So expect Horimiya pacing. Gotcha 👍

EDIT: I stand corrected, this felt way faster than Horimiya😰
That said, the action on display here was pretty good 😃👍
I just hope they‘ve worked out the pacing for the episodes going forward🤞

Last edited:
Back