• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY The Animation to start airing April 9th, special program on April 2nd

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The World Ends With You PR Twitter has revealed that The World Ends With You - The Animation will start airing on April 9th in the Super Animeism block on MBS/TBS stations in Japan and will air every Friday following at 1:25am. There will be a special program that will air on April 2nd leading up to the release of the show.

TWEWY PR has also announced that R-Shitei, a popular Japanese rapper who is a part of hip-hop/rap group Creepy Nuts, will be a guest artist in the opening theme song "TEENAGE CITY RIOT" performed by ALI. 

There will also be an online event held for fans around the world that will show off a preview of the first episode and even have an art exhibition. More news about this event will release late-February.

Check out the brand new key art released for TWEWY - The Animation and a preview of the opening theme song for the show below:

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You! 

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I can't wait for this and NEO: TWEWY. I still don't fully believe we're getting the sequel and the anime after so many years, it's surreal.

PikaPal

Awards
Really looking forward to this. The show is looking pretty darn good from the previews we have.

If we do see a dub for this (yes I know, I'm stretching too far here) I wonder how that's gonna turn out in terms of cast. Will FUNi do it in-house and get some of the VA's from the game back or just do their own castings or will they farm it off to another dubbing studio (which is what they've been doing with some of their recent dubs, Akudama Drive for example)?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Really looking forward to this. The show is looking pretty darn good from the previews we have.

If we do see a dub for this (yes I know, I'm stretching too far here) I wonder how that's gonna turn out in terms of cast. Will FUNi do it in-house and get some of the VA's from the game back or just do their own castings or will they farm it off to another dubbing studio (which is what they've been doing with some of their recent dubs, Akudama Drive for example)?
I guess it’ll depend on how many of the VAs have access to studio equipment or if they’re able to dub from home.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG I need to find a way to watch this. I hope they dub it in English for the April launch date.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
OMG I need to find a way to watch this. I hope they dub it in English for the April launch date.
As Oracle said previously, Funimation will be streaming it. You might be waiting a few weeks after it airs for the dub to come out though.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As Oracle said previously, Funimation will be streaming it. You might be waiting a few weeks after it airs for the dub to come out though.
I can't afford FUNiMATION, so I will have to find some other way to find it. But thanks for confirming that the dub will be only a few weeks after. I can wait for the whole dub to come out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I can't afford FUNiMATION, so I will have to find some other way to find it. But thanks for confirming that the dub will be only a few weeks after. I can wait for the whole dub to come out.
They're saying that in the event there will be a dub. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
If there is a dub, it’ll likely air about a month or so after it airs in Japan.
To use another anime as an example, Horimiya(or Hori-san & Miyamura-kun), began airing its anime adaptation in January 10th and is currently 5 episodes in, while Funimation’s simuldub just started last week.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Also I've said this before, but there's a chance that it'll go though Crunchyroll too since Funi bought them; but no news on that yet. So don't worry about it.
Considering both Crunchyroll and Funimation are owned by Sony now, it’s definitely possible.

Back